Consolidated Wish List

Helazak

Re: Consolidated Wish List

Post by Helazak »

Guil wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:12 pm He's looking for an in game, multiple mod folder manager
ok so instead of choosing mods you want to have the opportunity to place mods in different folders and choose a folder to use.

I can see this as being useful with multiplayer. There are mods I use in multi that I never use in solo play.
2.1.1.8. MOD Organization: It would be nice to be able to organize my mods. There are some I always use and some that I only use for testing. If I download a few new mods to test they are sprinkled throughout the MODS listing. I would like to be better orgainzed so I can find and easliy select what I want to use.
This already exists. Would you like to add to it?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
herrman

Post by herrman »

So in FS I've got the chance to select my mods folder inside gameSettings.xml.

Since there are many maps already built in the game, located in almost every part of the world, and I let alone the modded maps, I would have the ability to choose a specific mods folder for every savegame. So if one wants he can use the same folder for all, but if I want to have a savegame for alpine map I would have the ability to choose a dedicated folder where I won't put the Deere 9RX and the Claas 8900. Just to be able playing over 150 mods instead of 500.

Yes, I know there's FS Mod Manager app (which requires to choose the folder before starting the game), I also know mods are preloaded at the application start. Maybe it could be done on the same mods folder by having a filter between "active, activable, discarded" at the savegame loading screen
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Guil

Post by Guil »

Helazak wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:59 pm
Guil wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:12 pm He's looking for an in game, multiple mod folder manager
ok so instead of choosing mods you want to have the opportunity to place mods in different folders and choose a folder to use.

I can see this as being useful with multiplayer. There are mods I use in multi that I never use in solo play.
It's not my suggestion but that's what he is looking for I believe. Fwiw, it's probably way too late in the development for any suggestions so I think all of this is a lost cause
Helazak wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:59 pm
2.1.1.8. MOD Organization: It would be nice to be able to organize my mods. There are some I always use and some that I only use for testing. If I download a few new mods to test they are sprinkled throughout the MODS listing. I would like to be better orgainzed so I can find and easliy select what I want to use.
This already exists. Would you like to add to it?
That's a different thing altogether, that's asking for a way to sort mods
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I have to agree with Guil, it probably too late to apply this wish list to 22.
Perhaps it could be reused for the next version, which is likely two thirds half complete.
mountainboomer

Post by mountainboomer »

Sounds like FS 24 or 28. I have no issues with negative things affecting crops because of something I did. I am not sure how many players would feel logging into the game and finding their crops were destroyed by a hail storm or other weather event.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Fixed

2.1.1.8. MOD Organization: It would be nice to be able to organize my mods. There are some I always use and some that I only use for testing. If I download a few new mods to test they are sprinkled throughout the MODS listing. I would like to be better orgainzed so I can find and easliy select what I want to use. Not just sorting but let me make different folders with different sets of mods so i can choose a group.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Papocle

Post by Papocle »

13. Allow handtools to stay activated on consoles once Activation button is pressed, without having to keep a finger on it, making the use of the tool uncomfortable (Kärcher, chainsaw).
FS 22 sur PS4/PS5 et PC (cars races circuits : Papocle.Fr)
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Papocle wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:09 am 13. Allow handtools to stay activated on consoles once Activation button is pressed, without having to keep a finger on it, making the use of the tool uncomfortable (Kärcher, chainsaw).
I would like some more input on this one. Personlly I have used the chainsaw a lot with my xbox controller and have had no issues as this describes.

From a Realisim stand point this is a horrid idea. Consider the safety impact of a chainsaw that does not turn off. I have 4 chainsaws and have needed my safety gear a few times. Not a good idea.

Is this really on your top 13 wish list?

Papocle

Post by Papocle »

Well, with a PS4 handle, there is no easy way to keep a finger on the Activate button (round) and manipulate at the same time the left and right sticks to clean my vehicule or cut a tree, you see.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Of course there is, it's the same buttons on an xbox controller too
Papocle

Post by Papocle »

So, how do you do it ?
artemiseritu

Post by artemiseritu »

2.23.10.3. Better Blending: The way the ground reacts when you "plop" an item such as a shed or barn or anything is terrible. and we need an "undo" button. The paint textures are different when we try and paint the ground than the textures that are already there in the map. It's hard to blend features I create with the map.
This, there should actually be a whole planning mode, where ghosted images of what you want to lay down, and how the ground is going to react should be available. For those saying "oh yeah well you have to push the ground back into place in real life": Yeah, and in order to prevent mistakes from being made in real life, you have architects and designers that plan everything beforehand so that everything goes according to plan.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

See sections
2.23.10.8. Precision Landscaping
2.23.10.9. Design Mode

Mystic

Post by Mystic »

What I’d like to see, and seems like it would be fairly easy to implement, would be reasons to keep tools in repaired condition, not just vehicles. For example, there currently seems to be no penalty for letting a trailer go without repairs forever; what I think should happen is, as the repair state of a trailer gets worse, the max weight it can carry should begin to decrease, and also it should begin to lose (very) small amounts of whatever it is carrying whenever it is in motion. Same for fertilizer spreaders, or maybe they can use up fertilizer/lime at a somewhat increased rate as their repair state worsens. A poorly maintained tedder could begin to leave occasional patches of cut grass as they were rather than turning them into hay; a poorly maintained cultivator or plow could begin to require more power to pull; a baler in poor condition could require a bit more grass/hay/straw to make the same size of bale; a mixer wagon in poor shape could begin losing a percentage of the ingredients added to it, etc. These effects wouldn’t have to be so dramatic that they would irritate casual players, but for players like me who try to squeeze every bit of production out of their fields, it would give us actual reasons to repair all of our equipment, not just the vehicles that can lose horsepower.
Papocle

Post by Papocle »

I'd like to see that heavy stuff *shaking* disappear when lifted up with a Manitou or such. There is no IRL reason for this and it is annoying when loading a truck with 48 bales of straw. Sometimes, suddently, the four bales shake and fall on the floor. Boring.