Mars map

FBtheSQL

Re: Mars map

Post by FBtheSQL »

Guil wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:09 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:46 pm
UncleRico wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:18 pm
I’m no scholar but you’ve got to at least throw a period or something in there. The sentence could mean like three different things depending on where you put it.

Pianos and sailboats and rollercoasters are definitely dumb. That statement will make some people angry but I don’t care I stand behind it.
For fun, I can provide on possible translation from a punctuation-less sentence.

"I respect the work modders do if I had the ability I would try it myself" Here he is clearly contradicting himself. He's saying he respects the modders, but then says if he had the ability to respect modders he would try respecting them himself.

"it's not the blame of the people who make the mods totally a lot of it is Giants software also" Here he is putting a lot of the blame on Giants, and the rest on modders for bad maps...unless the map is good, in which case nobody is to blame...except the modder who made a good map...and Giants who provided a good base game for the modder.

It's also quite possible there's crack involved, and the OP doesn't have a clue what he's trying to say either.
Surely he means he respects modders and if he had the ability to mod he would try it himself?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Its just one map, one map wont change your life
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

eric21 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:25 am Its just one map, one map wont change your life
I dunno, haven’t you saw the Goonies? National treasure? Indiana Jones? Pirates of the Caribbean? The Mummy? Uncharted? Tomb Raider? Aladdin? Treasure Island?
ShabaFS

Post by ShabaFS »

Michaelanders wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:43 pm We are in need of some good maps a lot of these I'd say about 99% of them are not great I wish they would give us something that's decent I've tried a majority of the maps and none of them are all that great
If you had the slightest idea of what it means to make a map and everything that goes along with it, you wouldn't have even thought of opening this thread.

Outside of this, making a map that everyone likes is much more than a pipe dream.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

This thread is like politics. No one will ever win. I hope the map is better than its ratings. I hope it’s better than reviews and the bugs being reported. I hope there’s a level of pride taken in creating any map (or mod). I hope it isn’t about 5 minutes of fame. I hope everyone attacking those being critical of others opinions are also making mods that at minimum meet some level of expectations or are themselves mod authors pouring heart and soul into a mod for public consumption and are willing to take it on the chin when it all goes wrong. Are willing to own their mistakes. Are willing to fix the problems. I hope, I hope, I hope.

You know what they say about hope. Hope in one hand, dung in the other. Which hand will fill up faster? I hope it isn’t the smelly one.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

LittleWatt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:29 pm This thread is like politics. No one will ever win. I hope the map is better than its ratings. I hope it’s better than reviews and the bugs being reported. I hope there’s a level of pride taken in creating any map (or mod). I hope it isn’t about 5 minutes of fame. I hope everyone attacking those being critical of others opinions are also making mods that at minimum meet some level of expectations or are themselves mod authors pouring heart and soul into a mod for public consumption and are willing to take it on the chin when it all goes wrong. Are willing to own their mistakes. Are willing to fix the problems. I hope, I hope, I hope.

You know what they say about hope. Hope in one hand, dung in the other. Which hand will fill up faster? I hope it isn’t the smelly one.
I hope you read the comment above yours
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

LittleWatt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:29 pm This thread is like politics. No one will ever win. I hope the map is better than its ratings. I hope it’s better than reviews and the bugs being reported. I hope there’s a level of pride taken in creating any map (or mod). I hope it isn’t about 5 minutes of fame. I hope everyone attacking those being critical of others opinions are also making mods that at minimum meet some level of expectations or are themselves mod authors pouring heart and soul into a mod for public consumption and are willing to take it on the chin when it all goes wrong. Are willing to own their mistakes. Are willing to fix the problems. I hope, I hope, I hope.

You have absolutely no clue about map making do you, 5 minutes of fame???? Are you serious?? You think we have nothing better to do than spend 800 hours of our own free time in the hope we get 5 minutes of fame??
And tell me why we should ever have to take any form of abuse on the chin for bringing something to you free of charge, is it any wonder so many map makers left modding in FS19 with people with attitudes like this…don’t like a map or mod then don’t play it and don’t feel the need to tell us why you don’t like it, you aren’t that important
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I've never understood why some people get so bent out of shape with somebody else's feedback.
Offering praise seems to be allowed, but as soon as somebody says something critical then the tears start flowing.
People like to say "if you haven't made a mod then don't criticize a mod".
Well, I'm surprised those people aren't demanding Giants do away with the 1, 2, 3, 4 star ratings, and only allow 5 star rating. Anything less than 5 is critical. It'd be like when YouTube decided to show the number of thumbs up, but not thumbs down.
Maybe we should do away with movie critics who haven't made a movie, or food critics who haven't cooked in a restaurant. Maybe we should get rid of reviews for everything, and just fend for ourselves.

@Jimbob704 famously said "is it any wonder so many map makers left modding in FS19 with people with attitudes like this…don’t like a map or mod then don’t play it and don’t feel the need to tell us why you don’t like it, you aren’t that important"

If you think a review or opinion is critical, then share your own to counter it, instead of getting your feelings in a bunch.

We've seen modders get bent out of shape over low star ratings, so telling somebody with an opinion "you aren’t that important" has already been proven wrong.
If a modder can't handle critical reviews or attitudes, or anything less than 5 stars, then they shouldn't publish their mod. Don't put it out there for public consumption if you have thin skin.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

So that is your advice to anyone thinking of getting into modding? Don’t do it if you aren’t prepared to take abuse over it?? I’ve said many times before if you don’t like a mod or a map then don’t play it, but don’t feel the need to tell everyone, and as for putting it out for public consumption, the only way I can get my maps onto my Xbox is through the modhub because if I could do it another way then there is no way I’d be releasing to the public
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Does it bother you to get 1, 2, 3 or 4 star ratings on your mod, rather than a 5?
What's the difference between a less than perfect rating and a less than perfect opinion?

In the past, you were complaining about opinions before you even released your map, that at the time you said was for your subscribers.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 am Does it bother you to get 1, 2, 3 or 4 star ratings on your mod, rather than a 5?
What's the difference between a less than perfect rating and a less than perfect opinion?

In the past, you were complaining about opinions before you even released your map, that at the time you said was for your subscribers.
The ratings?? I never mentioned the ratings once, I’m talking about the abuse that gets thrown about, I’ve seen it way too often in the last year thrown at Brisco, Lancy and myself, now we have clowns starting on FarmerBob for daring to make a map that isn’t the same rinse and repeat as others like my own, people saying modders are going to far now with these new ideas almost like we owe them something
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:06 am
FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:53 am Does it bother you to get 1, 2, 3 or 4 star ratings on your mod, rather than a 5?

The ratings?? I never mentioned the ratings once, I’m talking about the abuse that gets thrown about, I’ve seen it way too often in the last year thrown at Brisco, Lancy and myself, now we have clowns starting on FarmerBob for daring to make a map that isn’t the same rinse and repeat as others like my own, people saying modders are going to far now with these new ideas almost like we owe them something
Nobody is abusing modders in this thread. The problem is with people who can't handle other folks opinion.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:29 am
Nobody is abusing modders in this thread. The problem is with people who can't handle other folks opinion.
It’s a forum, everything here is opinions. What makes one group unable to handle opinions? One could say the same about your comments. You seem unable to handle the opinion that it’s improper etiquette to criticize people works that are freely shared. No one’s being abusive to folks who critique mods. There’s just more people telling them why they think they’re wrong. Which in my opinion it’s like a poor person complaining at the food shelf some cheap jerk donated off brand spaghettios, it’s never a good look. That all said the
five minutes of fame
and
Okay Mars map somebody must be really bored because this is about the stupidest thing I've seen on this game and over the years I've seen a lot of stupid mods but this one takes the cake
comments are so uneducated they’re borderline abusive.
Eische

Post by Eische »

There sure is a big difference on how somebody shares his opinion.
You can't just tell a modder: you must be prepared for everything
There are many people out there that do not understand how to give proper feedback. Yes, it is the normal situation on the internet. But, no, that should not be the normal situation.

On the other hand, I can fully understand players desperately waiting for a map/mod to be released just to find out it is full of bugs.
With all social media channels available modders use that opportunity to build up a certain amount of hype/awareness. Peoples expectations are high, especially of that specific modder has already delivered good stuff in the past. But yeah again, it's the way you communicate those bugs/findings/feedback.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:01 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:29 am
It’s a forum, everything here is opinions. What makes one group unable to handle opinions? One could say the same about your comments. You seem unable to handle the opinion that it’s improper etiquette to criticize people works that are freely shared. No one’s being abusive to folks who critique mods. There’s just more people telling them why they think they’re wrong. Which in my opinion it’s like a poor person complaining at the food shelf some cheap jerk donated off brand spaghettios, it’s never a good look. That all said the
five minutes of fame
and
Okay Mars map somebody must be really bored because this is about the stupidest thing I've seen on this game and over the years I've seen a lot of stupid mods but this one takes the cake
comments are so uneducated they’re borderline abusive.
I stick to my statement, nobody is abusing modders in this thread. The OPs "stupidest thing I've ever seen" comment was in another thread. It's why at the beginning of this one I suggested he share his ideas about what would make a better map before the flaming kicked in.

The "15 minutes of fame" wasn't abuse imo. There's nothing wrong with hoping.

My main point is let people have their opinion. Some are better at expressing it than others. If there is negative feedback, either take it with a grain of salt or take it as advice on how to improve.
The star rating for example, only has 1 selection (20%) for positive feedback, and all the rest (80%) are negative since they're less than perfect.