No votes
Google Stadia
No votes

Total votes: 73

FBtheSQL

Re: What hardware you use to play FS22?

Post by FBtheSQL »

Guil wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:14 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:02 pm It funny when PC owners think Console owners don't have a clue about computers by saying things like "until you see what is actually possible on PC... you have no idea".
Yes, we know the right PC has more possible configurations, as long as you feel like digging into the game files and tweaking them.
I'm only guessing, but I suspect most non-console players are using laptops, which surprisingly isn't a polling choice in this thread.
Again, I'm guessing, Series s/x and PS5 are on par with most laptops, and probably most PCs being used to play FS22.
The average player isn't likely to overclock a gaming PC and dig into game files to squeeze out tweaks that weren't meant to be.
Changing a few things in an xml is hardly digging into game files?

Even without doing that, simply changing the graphics preset can have a huge difference in how the game looks and runs. You could also use Geforce Experience if you have a Nvidia gpu
I was sort of responding to Mr_Tony_Sm comment above about PCs, where he mentions "game.xml tweaks, and nvinspector tweaks".
I was guessing that the average FS gamer doesn't have the knowledge or comfort level to manipulate those things.
I wouldn't be surprised if very few FS players know what an xml file is, how to read it or know where to find game.xml on their PC.
Probably even less know what nvinspector is, how to get it or feel comfortable using it.

If you can tweak your system to do what you want that is awesome. I wasn't trying to argue, just suggesting most console players are likely happy with their simplified setup.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I am running a high end laptop ASUS STRIX G814 with 32G RAM With Dual 32" monitors.
I love the flexibility of all the mods on Modhub.
I can, but I dont like altering scripts.
I dont like using sites other than Modhub.
I dont own a console (I do own a Wii that I bought 12 years ago but I dont think that counts.)

Having said that it is still possible to bring the graphics card to a crawl. Just take a chainsaw to two acres of trees and cut them all at the same time and have them laying across each other.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
FenlandFarmer

Post by FenlandFarmer »

my son got me a chuck out Pc from his office where he works . he said he changed the graphic card and did some other things . it runs well enough for me . its not on the Tv like his playstation was so i dont get in the wifes way watchng tv ha ha