[FS19]standalone Fanatec CSL LC (non Elite) pedals not working right. XML Solution?

Soulblazer

[FS19]standalone Fanatec CSL LC (non Elite) pedals not working right. XML Solution?

Post by Soulblazer »

As the title suggests, I got a set of CSL LC pedals from Fanatec, all on their own, no wheel.
In fact, I don't have a wheel at all, only pedals (+ gamepad)

Trying to bind the pedals ingame onto game controller controls succeeds, but the behavior is wrong.
The pedals have three separate axes, x, y and z.
Gas pedal is X. Axes output goes from -1 (not depressed) to +1 (fully depressed)

FS19 accepts it as an input, but: Only one direction (+ or -) and it seem to get mapped wrong since it only goes foward if I depress the pedal to the midpoint.
Suggesting to me that the negative input gets discarded.

Before coming here, I looked at some input preset xml files and edited the "FanatecPodiumPedals.xml"
since they seem to be very similar (and in fact, the productID of the CSL LC pedals I have is 6205, and the podiums are 6204).
This also successfully was reflected in the binding name inside FS19.

However, I think the axes configurations are still bad since I could not really grasp the syntax of the XML files by myself and a google search did not yield good information either.

Here is my current xml config:

Code: Select all

<deviceMapping backends="rawInput;directInput;macosXSdl">
    <productKey productId="6205" vendorId="0EB7" />
    <productName vendorId="0EB7">
        <keyword text="fanatec" />
        <keyword text="cls" />
        <keyword text="elite" />
        <keyword text="pedals" />
        <keyword text="lc" />
    </productName>
    <category>wheel</category>  <!-- gamepad, wheel, joystick, farmWheel, farmSidePanel -->
    <buttonMappings>
    </buttonMappings>
    <axisMappings>
        <axisMapping physical="X" logical="0" scale="-1" offset="0" label="ACC" />
        <axisMapping physical="Y" logical="1" scale="-1" offset="0" label="BRK" />
        <axisMapping physical="Z" logical="2" scale="-1" offset="0" label="CLT" />
    </axisMappings>
</deviceMapping>
ACC BRK and CLT are properly displayed in the game.
But having looked at other config xmls, there are entries that deal with "triggerSeparateAxes"
as well as the scales and offsets.

This might be the solution ,but I do not know how to apply them properly.
Perhaps someone here does? Perhaps GIANTS staff? Or just a savvy modder?

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers~

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Jazzert

Re: [FS19]standalone Fanatec CSL LC (non Elite) pedals not working right. XML Solution?

Post by Jazzert »

I found with my clubsport pedals in FS 22 that the dead zone was actually in the middle of the travel rather than at the beginning so it would register until I pressed halfway and then there would be no movement beyond that until I pushed way further or harder. When I removed the deadzone in the game they worked correctly.
Soulblazer

Re: [FS19]standalone Fanatec CSL LC (non Elite) pedals not working right. XML Solution?

Post by Soulblazer »

Jazzert wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:58 pm I found with my clubsport pedals in FS 22 that the dead zone was actually in the middle of the travel rather than at the beginning so it would register until I pressed halfway and then there would be no movement beyond that until I pushed way further or harder. When I removed the deadzone in the game they worked correctly.
It's been some time, I gave up back then, tried it again now, gave up again.
It's just too stupid, don't know why they decided to do it this way, man.

I tried several types of offsets and scales, and none really work, it seems to be hardcoded to dismiss the lower range until the midpoint.
Well, I'm not buying FS22, even if it works there. How could any driving type simulator be this finicky about driving controls.

Don't people build rigs for this? Like for trucking sim? Maybe not, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Odin alive, man, it's just a simple friggin offset.

And P.S.: Deadzone is at 0, maybe if it went negative then that would work, but the GUI does not support that. Lol. Do I have to write my own damn driver for this so it stays in the positive range so FS can use it?
Maybe wipe its mouth too and pat it on the back until the Bäuerchen comes out?

nhnhnnhnhhh
If this issue somehow made pronouns or something not work correctly they'd probably leap at it like they've got fire in their pants to not offend.

Anyone in the audience who has pedal dysphoria who can help me out?