Friend gets stuck on 12% sync on more than one map !

Watch567

Friend gets stuck on 12% sync on more than one map !

Post by Watch567 »

I am on PS5 and my friend is also on PS5 (hers in new slim model) I have over 700hrs on map so a lot of alterations when trying to sync is what I’m thinking!

My game is vanilla only have season pass (1and2) downloads , NO mods .

This happens everytime we start a new map , we are on our third map now . All the time it’s when we get to certain point of gameplay like lots of trees cut down , landscaping and factories .

It’s like it can not hack processing all the different alterations on the map compared to a fresh one. Like it’s trying to write my map data over her map data and struggles with all the differences.

If anyone can help with a workaround or suggestions would be really grateful.

Even better if it’s a coding problem then need to get someone from Giants to help figure this out.
Guil

Re: Friend gets stuck on 12% sync on more than one map !

Post by Guil »

Lots of trees cut and on the ground, bales and pallets are all really hard on servers.

You never bothered to reply to the last thread you created about this so doubt you will this time either
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

Hi Guil thank you for the reply ( and previously as you have brought to my attention) I am new to FS (NOV23) really enjoy the game but this is quite frustrating to say the least. I do apologise for not releasing anyone even replied to my last post (again new to this website and it is still taking me time to get use to it)

Anyway back to this issue… on one map a lot of cut trees but no tree left on ground , hardly any pallets or bales but I do have a lot of vehicles and land and factories .

So fwould a dedicated server help this without the need to try and find out why the game does not work fully?

Again thank you for you reply
Guil

Post by Guil »

It may but there is no guarantee. Have they tried to host a game and you join them?
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

The saved data is on my PlayStation and I don’t think there is anyway of transferring that data over ?
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

It seems like Giants servers not fit for purpose then?
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's not Giants server, it's a game you are hosting and your friend is trying to join. You don't need to swap and save data. Just have your friend create an online session and you try join it and see is there any problems
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

Then that means a whole new map for the upteeth time tho. And yeah you have to start save game somehow no? Has to be on one or other PlayStation ! Can’t save to giants servers?
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I think Guil is trying to advise you to try and see if you can join your friends game - just to see if that works.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yes, it's irrelevant what save or map ye try. Just see if it works. If so it could be your network blocking the connection.
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

Hi. Yes I can connect to hers as a brand new map from her end and vice versa , it’s just our maps we have lots of progress on. I reckon if she started a new map and we played on it for a while , it will do same thing but only one way to find out really . Start another new one on HER PS and see how it goes . That’s 3 maps I feel I have lost now (over 700hrs on one and over 1000hrs total) I’m quite sad 😔
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

She can connect to me on any new save I make , it’s just maps with lots of progress on
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's likely a sync issue
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

That’s my title , the sync is giants problem not a console problem
Watch567

Post by Watch567 »

Any help with this please ?