Courseplay problem

02sam

Courseplay problem

Post by 02sam »

Hi guys can I ask a little advice please?
I am playing FS22 on the Fox map and I own field 1 and 2 and I have used courseplay on both fields successfully field 1 I have saved the course but field 2 I have only used a temporary course.
I have now ploughed out the grass strip between the two fields to make one big field.
My problem is if I move a tractor into field 1 and make a course with courseplay it only selects field 1 but if I move the tractor into field 2 and do the same thing courseplay selects both fields as one big field as I expected. So why will it not select both fields if I start in field 1.
The only thing I see wrong is there seems to be a temporary courseplay course visible on field and I am not able to delete it could this be the problem if so how do I get rid of it please
Drmattymd

Re: Courseplay problem

Post by Drmattymd »

Without actually being able to "see" your problem, I would suggest finding which vehicle the temporary course is loaded in and delete it there
Playing on PC and PS4
02sam

Post by 02sam »

Ok i have found the tractor that made the temp course and deleted it but it still will not let me select both fields from field 1 but it works if i first go to field 2
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Is field 1 a custom CP course that you recorded yourself? If so, there is a setting to 'prefer custom courses' or similar that you'll need to turn off.
PC Player - CoursePlay addict
02sam

Post by 02sam »

Hi no custom field is just the base map field. i have started a new save game in case i had altered something by mistake and this time i deleted each courseplay course as soon as it was finished and its still the same
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I would try plowing more around the edges and see if you could just make a custom field for the whole field. Sounds like you’ve run into a bug with the way fields are defined.
02sam

Post by 02sam »

UncleRico wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:06 pm I would try plowing more around the edges and see if you could just make a custom field for the whole field. Sounds like you’ve run into a bug with the way fields are defined.
Hi thanks for the advice and i think it is a bug if i start the corseplay on field 1 it will only select that one field but if i start the courseplay in filed 2 it selects them both
As you say i might have to make a custom field
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

in case anyone would fyi buck county PA fields 18,61 will do exactly as defined above. I first seen it happen before in FS 19. Y'all have a pleasant day!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
02sam

Post by 02sam »

Even making a custom field does not work if i start in field 1
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

02sam wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:25 pm Even making a custom field does not work if i start in field 1
It won’t, that’s why you need to extend the outsides of the field slightly so you’re starting in the custom field
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

So I was able to load up fs22 and theres an option in the courseplay options shaped like two gears that’s called “prefer custom fields” Make sure that’s active
02sam

Post by 02sam »

Ok thanks I will give that a try
Evgenyyy

Post by Evgenyyy »

Hello, I ran into a problem that courseplay sees the truck as a tractor in FS 22
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Evgenyyy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:08 pm Hello, I ran into a problem that courseplay sees the truck as a tractor in FS 22
explain further please
Playing on PC and PS4