My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

eric21

Re: My wishlist for the next FS....( On console )

Post by eric21 »

It's 500?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Ah I vaguely remember it now
Vlaamse Viking

Post by Vlaamse Viking »

*thumbsup* at least someone who understood what I said.
Urinal2001 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:08 pm
FBtheSQL wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:46 pm Maybe you missed the OP also mentioned mining and a fire department.
In fairness, maybe you missed that the OP DIDN'T mention a fire department being farming, simply that as there is now a fire version of a Unimog, it would be nice to have a forestry Unimog.
Vlaamse Viking

Post by Vlaamse Viking »

*thumbsup* *thumbsup*
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:46 pm Flying over for console…it really would be useful, I think.
Vlaamse Viking

Post by Vlaamse Viking »

*thumbsup*
CiaFromTheAlps wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:07 pm Some good ideas here and there. First of all: no the same bugs as in FS22 and won't fix! .. wrong field texture, bales in the shop etc. That would show up like copy/paste and ka-ching (50$) ! First of all.. much better AI: Follow Me, Drive beside, bale&collect. Then console players can enjoy forage and vegetable harvesters and switch jobs while AI is baling or collecting straw (=more gameplay). Even the first 2 for starters. AI could also drive "O" instead of back and forth "I", but that comes almost itself, if workers are educated enough.
When we are talking about next gen - what could give more than ps4 or xbox equivalent ? 4K resolution or graphic things is not enough, if none of above is not going to happen. But add.. reflective beacon, hazards and 4X maps, high limits of bales and pallets (1000?), that would give something new and more to "old console" players.

Other things: Seasons with germination failure and moisture (on/off), more realistic animals (cleaning, watering, new borns..) (+on/off). These two could give more realistic and immersion of farming to players who like it and "players with fast money harvest/sell soybeans" could turn them off.

More than just features.. before creating them fully, Giants should think like players. We have seen fancy screenshot of a tractor and one pallet (Giants), but how the players see those: hundreds of pallets and bales (many screenshots of That ain't going nowhere). Just hundreds repetitive things turns into chore pretty fast and maybe was one of the reasons for example, animal cleaning was removed (scoop the grass away).
And how about more economic stuff to "production farmers" ? Than just pallets spawning.. Yes - keep the pallets inside (no automatic spawn if not wanted), and player come to fetch those and ask for spawn or something. Helps keeping the game load in sustainable level.

Basics are maybe there, but let the imagination fly a little more. New crops (?) but with something to do with them than just sell. Fancy equipment ? Productions ? Just to mention few examples.. peas, onions, alfalfa, coffee, poppy. Oh yes, one annoying thing: remove limits! If the tractor is going to hit 80 km/h downhill with 3 trailers(train) heavy load, let it go! Do not limit because of rpm "can't" go more. It can and will 😀.

What do you think? These should be quite easy to implement without extra large scripts and what is required is programmed inside the game and Sony/MS are happy. Also any of these would not require or turn the game to Snow Runner.
Vlaamse Viking

Post by Vlaamse Viking »

*thumbsup*
Hyperlight66 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:30 pm My wish list for the next FS on console....
1). Autoload bales, pallets, big bags & IBC containers (with an on/off switch for purists)
2). increased bale and pallet limit
3). 4X maps
4). version of Guidance Steering
5). Reprogram hired worker (for field work look at courseplay for improvements) (for driving on road look at autodrive for improvements)
6). American style chisel plows with appropriate HP ratings
Braydens12

Post by Braydens12 »

Look this is a thing giants works there way around or gives the people what they don’t want. I have seen many people ask for this. They get a few new brands every year but many want things like chevy ford things like that. I am not trying to be rude but I do want to bring this to giant’s attention.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Braydens12 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:22 am Look this is a thing giants works there way around or gives the people what they don’t want. I have seen many people ask for this. They get a few new brands every year but many want things like chevy ford things like that. I am not trying to be rude but I do want to bring this to giant’s attention.
If they got another big brand like Chevy or Ford, they would possibly hold them back for a new game release, so they could plaster the brand all over the cover and CGI trailers, like when JD was added. So it's possible.
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Glad this thread has gotten some new posts.
I have updated my Consolidated wish list thread with your ideas, (though most of them have nothing to do with consoles but are wishes for the greater game.)
Even included turtles.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

The old style of seasons with Geos
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Vfarms wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 pm The old style of seasons with Geos
I don't know what that means. A little more explanation for noobs. Old style as in FS 19 or FS17? Geos as in maps or something else?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Helazak wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:05 pm
Vfarms wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:57 pm The old style of seasons with Geos
I don't know what that means. A little more explanation for noobs. Old style as in FS 19 or FS17? Geos as in maps or something else?
The Seasons mod could be enhanced with a Geo mod which was a weather/climate/crop growth settings mod based on a geographical region. So modhub was filled with Geo mods that would enable you to adjust Seasons to your taste or the map you're playing
Playing on PC and PS4
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

In FS19, Seasons was a mod created by a modder whose name I can't recall. It was quite impressive, significantly better, in my opinion, than the built-in 'seasons' in FS22. So, there were these add-ons, I guess you could call them, called Geos. Essentially, they would recreate the weather and everything from certain areas. I even remember a Norwegian one, or something similar, where the sun never rose during a certain time of the year, and it was actually like that in the game with the Geo. So, anyway, if you were playing on a British map, you'd use a British Geo, or German for Germany, different places in the US, you get the idea. It made the maps 200 times more immersive.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Vfarms wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:13 am
In FS19, Seasons was a mod created by a modder whose name I can't recall.
https://www.realismusmodding.com/
Guil

Post by Guil »

Vfarms wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:13 am
In FS19, Seasons was a mod created by a modder whose name I can't recall. It was quite impressive, significantly better, in my opinion, than the built-in 'seasons' in FS22. So, there were these add-ons, I guess you could call them, called Geos. Essentially, they would recreate the weather and everything from certain areas. I even remember a Norwegian one, or something similar, where the sun never rose during a certain time of the year, and it was actually like that in the game with the Geo. So, anyway, if you were playing on a British map, you'd use a British Geo, or German for Germany, different places in the US, you get the idea. It made the maps 200 times more immersive.
It was a team of 4. One of them joined Giants as a programmer and has since left them. Realismus said they had no plans to bring seasons to FS22 as a mod