Small Guide on PC's

L2K Perma

Re: Small Guide on PC's

Post by L2K Perma »

croc25 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:55 am Hello,
My name is William and I need some advice on what graphics card to buy that would be compatible with my present Motherboard, Cpu etc.
Currently medium is all about my Gtx960 can muster.
Have been looking at a Gtx1660s/ti or a Gtx2070 of some kind but really don't have a clue as to what would be the best to get.
The budget is about £300 ish.

Processor AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Baseboard Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Any help would be really gratefully received as It's making me pull my hair out.

Thank you.
Looking at some quick specs online, you’ll likely want to replace your current motherboard and cpu, as your cpu already appears to be a bottle neck for your current gpu, which will only become more apparent if you go to a 1660 or 2070.
FS13 - Xbox 360
FS15 - Xbox 360/Xbox One
FS17 - Xbox One
FS19 - PC

PC specs: i5-8600k, M22 Kraken AIO cooler, 16GB ddr4 ram, RTX 2070 Super, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD
croc25

Post by croc25 »

[/quote]
Looking at some quick specs online, you’ll likely want to replace your current motherboard and cpu, as your cpu already appears to be a bottle neck for your current gpu, which will only become more apparent if you go to a 1660 or 2070.
[/quote]

Thanks, L2K, I have kinda decided that I am going to go with the Motherboard/CPU upgrade now and will possibly go for the Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC ATX Motherboard for AMD AM4 CPUs So then which means a Ryzen 5 5600X CPU or similar.
I am also thinking about an RX6650XT eagle 8gb graphics card unless anyone has got some other suggestions.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

malachi6 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:28 am Generally, purchasing a pc will be cheaper than building. As it will include components not generally thought of. Building nowadays is usually for enthusiasts or upgrades.
I can not really agree to that cuz a prebuilt with good parts and everything you need will cost around $4,000 in the usa. If you build it, you can do the same for $2,000-$3000 with parts from places like micro center and best buy. Not trying to say any one is qrong cuz your prices might be different depending on your country. Happy gaming!
Ice_boii :gamer:
crash

Post by crash »

Is anybody reading this thread? :P

- Rtx 3060 Ti dual oc v2 8gb is still the one to go for even after they launched the 12gb versions? The BUS width is 256Bit vs the 12GB 192bit width.

From what ive seen onm youtube its averaging 20fps or so higher than the 12gb..

Im playing at 4k high settings with a asus 2060 rtx dual oc 6gb now and fs22 seems to sit around 50-80fps.. Even RDR2 sits around 60 i belive, runs smooth on high+ settiogs.

Still on a OG ryzen 7 1700 overclocked to its boost speed, 3,5ghz or so :mrgreen:

To make it simple we can say that the 8gb version costs 6300NOK and the 12Gb cost 4700NOK (divide by 10 to get USD..)
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Godsjobsagoodun

Post by Godsjobsagoodun »

Hi, im new to fs and have been playing on ps5. Really want to upgrade to pc but know hardly nothing about them. ive been reading this thread, but am not sure exactly what to look for. i have found this pc for my budget, would this play on a 4k uhd tv with high settings? Processor:

Intel Core i7 12700 (12 Cores up to 4.9GHz, 25MB Cache)

Memory:

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x8GB)

Hard Drive:

Kingston 1TB NV1 NVMe PCIe SSD &

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti *

Power Supply:

Corsair CX650F RGB Power Supply

Motherboard:

Asus PRIME H610M-K D4 Motherboard

Cooling:

ID Cooling SE-224 Black ARGB Cooler with control

WiFi:

None

Operating System:

Windows 11 Home Advanced

Case:

Onyx

Thanks in advance for any help.
croc25

Post by croc25 »

Well I can tell you this,
I went with a Ryzen 5600X CPU,
NZXT N7 B550 motherboard,
16GB DDr4 3200 memory,
1TB M.2 SSD
Gigabyte P750GM V2 PSU
and a Gigabyte Radeon RX6700XT 12gb GDDR6 memory
and in a Deepcool CK550 case.

I still have to get a better Monitor but can play on Very high settings for the first time and the speed of the computer is a revelation.

I am super pleased with how this performs. Beth thing I did was watch jaytwocents and pccentric on YouTube. They build a lot of different systems.
deldex79

Post by deldex79 »

L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 am Seems this topic comes up about every week or two so figured I'd make a post specifically about it.

A lot of info in the spoiler below
In order to even run Farming Simulator 19, you'll need an i3-2100T or FX-4100 processor, though these processors are quite old and thus you'll be restricted to low quality and low fps, even with a decent graphics card. This is due to a term called bottlenecking, essentially, the processor can not send data to the graphics card fast enough even when it's using 100% of the CPU.

Graphics cards can also be a bottleneck, rather than the CPU being unable to send data fast enough, a GPU bottleneck is where the GPU can not keep up with the data that the CPU is sending. For Farming Simulator 19, the minium requirement is a GTX 650 or a Radeon HD 7770. This will also only be able to play the game on low settings and low fps.

The other important thing in the computer for gaming wise is the memory or rather the amount of ram in it. Farming Simulator 19 requires 4 GB at least. However most gamers will tell you that the minimum for games today is more like 8 GB while 16 GB being the current favorite.

Now that I've talked about the minimum requirements I'll talk about some recommendation parts that should be able to easily run the game while being somewhat budget friendly.

For a processor I would go with either an i5-8400 which you can get new for about $200 while AMD wise I'd go with a Ryzen 5 1600, cheaper than the i5 but still a decent CPU.

While Farming Simulator 19 is not a very demanding game compared to others I would recommend a GTX 1060, GTX 970 or GTX 1660 Ti for NVIDIA cards or the RX 580 or RX 570 for AMD cards.

Ram will depend on the motherboard and processor that your using, there's not much difference between specific ones, however you need to find out if the system requires ddr3 or ddr4 ram.

Buying used is also another option for budget buyers. Of course there are risks with buying used. One recommendation I have is that if you're buying used components, always ask the seller if you can test the parts before paying.
Below are some sites to help with computer components which I personally use and certainly will help when either picking out a prebuilt or your own parts.

http://www.pcpartpicker.com Useful for putting your own computer together. Helps by automatically making sure your parts are compatible with each other as well as listing the power required for your system and generally chooses the lowest price for the part from a list of about 10 websites.

https://thefoodiegeek.net Useful for looking at how well parts do in gaming. You can test how well a CPU and GPU setup will do in nearly any game. Quick note: For Farming Simulator 19, the graphics portion seems on however the CPU portion seems way off or switched around from what it should be on the recommended vs minimum settings.

If you're unsure about a system or looking for more help, then please post below and I'll be sure to take a look.
I used PC parts picker and it works great; it helps with compatibility and also helps you find the best price for said item because it is linked to all of the sites that sell said item. It's also where the majority of the inventory is at the moment, and it's much faster than searching on your own.
eed123

Post by eed123 »

Godsjobsagoodun wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:40 pm Hi, im new to fs and have been playing on ps5. Really want to upgrade to pc but know hardly nothing about them. ive been reading this thread, but am not sure exactly what to look for. i have found this pc for my budget, would this play on a 4k uhd tv with high settings? Processor:

Intel Core i7 12700 (12 Cores up to 4.9GHz, 25MB Cache)

Memory:

16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz (2x8GB)

Hard Drive:

Kingston 1TB NV1 NVMe PCIe SSD &

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060Ti *

Power Supply:

Corsair CX650F RGB Power Supply

Motherboard:

Asus PRIME H610M-K D4 Motherboard

Cooling:

ID Cooling SE-224 Black ARGB Cooler with control

WiFi:

None

Operating System:

Windows 11 Home Advanced

Case:

Onyx

Thanks in advance for any help.
I'm with same setup exept cooling and OS win10 :)
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Hey everyone. A few years ago I put together a ghetto PC which has recently failed to start. It gets as far as the Windows self repair nonsense, so I guess it's booting ok, but I haven't been able to get anywhere with it. It's always been a little clunky so I'm thinking it may be time to move on anyway. My only real criteria at the time was "at least as good as an Xbox".
So currently;
Ex-business Dell Optiplex 7020
www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-OptiPlex-Desktop- ... B09GPLGG7K
GTX 970
2x 4GB Ram
beQuiet 500W PSU (the only thing I got brand new)
Some random HDD

Looking at partpicker.com, I was thinking something along the lines of their "modest AMD build"
https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/mtFfrH/m ... ming-build

Thoughts on how these may compare? TBH I've pretty much forgotten what I had learned last time around.
Thanks!
zegg67

Post by zegg67 »

PC partpicker is great place for sure.!!
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Its been a while since I built a computer but it always helps to know how you are doing compared to others who play the game.
i used the test software at https://www.userbenchmark.com/Software and my laptop that I play this game on clocked in at:
UserBenchmarks: Game 194%, Desk 111%, Work 237%
CPU: Intel Core i9-13980HX - 108.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 (Laptop) - 181.3%
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics - 9.2%
SSD: Nvme Micron_2400_MTFDKBA1T0QFM 1TB - 233.6%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance SODIM 4800 C40 2x16GB - 132.3%
MBD: Asus ROG Strix G814JZ_G814JZ
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
zegg67

Post by zegg67 »

PC partpicker is goto place, it just made stuff so easy..
Mr_Tony_Sm

Post by Mr_Tony_Sm »

Is my PC up to spec? :D

This was my DDR5 Bench... MR_TSM #149 world rank, overclocking is good :D

Terranregory

Post by Terranregory »

Much obliged, sir. Move to PC has been a concept I've been kicking around.
space bar clicker
zegg67

Post by zegg67 »

L2K Perma wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:05 am Seems this topic comes up about every week or two so figured I'd make a post specifically about it.

A lot of info in the spoiler below
In order to even run Farming Simulator 19, you'll need an i3-2100T or FX-4100 processor, though these processors are quite old and thus you'll be restricted to low quality and low fps, even with a decent graphics card. This is due to a term called bottlenecking, essentially, the processor can not send data to the graphics card fast enough even when it's using 100% of the CPU.

Graphics cards can also be a bottleneck, rather than the CPU being unable to send data fast enough, a GPU bottleneck is where the GPU can not keep up with the data that the CPU is sending. For Farming Simulator 19, the minium requirement is a GTX 650 or a Radeon HD 7770. This will also only be able to play the game on low settings and low fps.

The other important thing in the computer for gaming wise is the memory or rather the amount of ram in it. Farming Simulator 19 requires 4 GB at least. However most gamers will tell you that the minimum for games today is more like 8 GB while 16 GB being the current favorite.

Now that I've talked about the minimum requirements I'll talk about some recommendation parts that should be able to easily run the game while being somewhat budget friendly.

For a processor I would go with either an i5-8400 which you can get new for about $200 while AMD wise I'd go with a Ryzen 5 1600, cheaper than the i5 but still a decent CPU.

While Farming Simulator 19 is not a very demanding game compared to others I would recommend a GTX 1060, GTX 970 or GTX 1660 Ti for NVIDIA cards or the RX 580 or RX 570 for AMD cards.

Ram will depend on the motherboard and processor that your using, there's not much difference between specific ones, however you need to find out if the system requires ddr3 or ddr4 ram.

Buying used is also another option for budget buyers. Of course there are risks with buying used. One recommendation I have is that if you're buying used components, always ask the seller if you can test the parts before paying.
Below are some sites to help with computer components which I personally use and certainly will help when either picking out a prebuilt or your own parts.

http://www.pcpartpicker.com Useful for putting your own computer together. Helps by automatically making sure your parts are compatible with each other as well as listing the power required for your system and generally chooses the lowest price for the part from a list of about 10 websites.

http://www.game-debate.com Useful for looking at how well parts do in gaming. You can test how well a CPU and GPU setup will do in nearly any game. Quick note: For Farming Simulator 19, the graphics portion seems on however the CPU portion seems way off or switched around from what it should be on the recommended vs minimum settings.

If you're unsure about a system or looking for more help, then please post below and I'll be sure to take a look.
i always recommended that PC part-picker is easily the best pick.!