How to control when Autosave?

SirAser

How to control when Autosave?

Post by SirAser »

I'm currently having fun on a huge 16X-map(Huron), for the first time ..and I'm really loving it!(the size feels 'just right'!) ...except for one thing!

EVERYTIME, I hit Escape(to watch my map, my contractor list, or want to start a job in CoursePlay etc.)..using any menus ..it start with a autosave!
And on normal maps, where it just takes a second, I'm pretty used to this happening.

But on a 16X-map...!! Oh my.. it takes 4-6 second EVERY TIME!! ..and I'm about getting crazy about this 'constant autosaving', wasting a ton of my playtime...!? This really reduce the quality of playtime!

Is there any way ..a mod, that I'm unaware of, that give me the ability, to take control of when and how often, a autosave is needed?? like reducing autosave to every 15 min?, or the option to stop autosave linked to hitting escape??
FS17 on PS4 - Gave it to my 6 year old son - was helping him and got tangled into liking simulating farming
FS19 on PS4 - My son again insisted - and I got it for free to PC
FS22 on PS4/5 - same demands and I was impressed...
FS22 on PC - I PAID for the game and for multible mods, now running with 500+mods and SIM Dashbords/Button boxes ..it's freaken addicting, intelligent ASMR made fun!!
JensChrDK

Re: How to control when Autosave?

Post by JensChrDK »

You don't need a mod to reduce it to every 15 minutes, that is a basegame feature.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Eische

Post by Eische »

Autosave setting is right in the game setting menu.
You can define the amount of minutes and shut it off completely.

Don't get confused though:
FS has no traditional autosave where it saves while you are playing. Instead, autosave is triggered by entering menu (ESC on PC) if set amount of minutes have passed since last save.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If it annoy you too much, turn it off, and save manually. (Don't forget to save though 😅 )
Personally I don't use autosave anymore, and have accepted the risk there is with that.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
SirAser

Post by SirAser »

Eische wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:36 am Autosave setting is right in the game setting menu.
You can define the amount of minutes and shut it off completely.

Don't get confused though:
FS has no traditional autosave where it saves while you are playing. Instead, autosave is triggered by entering menu (ESC on PC) if set amount of minutes have passed since last save.
Well.. as I recall, it is set to autosave each 15 min, as standard ..but this is happening almost every time I enter the menu(hit escape) ..even down to a few seconds in between?!? - I will check those settings later on!
Wonder if it is a hardware-dependent issue? ..but I don't believe my rig is that outdated, that this should even be a problem?
(Running a i7-12700(I think), with a RTX3080 and 36GB RAM)
FS17 on PS4 - Gave it to my 6 year old son - was helping him and got tangled into liking simulating farming
FS19 on PS4 - My son again insisted - and I got it for free to PC
FS22 on PS4/5 - same demands and I was impressed...
FS22 on PC - I PAID for the game and for multible mods, now running with 500+mods and SIM Dashbords/Button boxes ..it's freaken addicting, intelligent ASMR made fun!!