Map: Mars the Mission

Helazak

Re: Map: Mars the Mission

Post by Helazak »

Using workers is not cheating. What else are they going to do, sit in the lounge in the parking garage and watch the TV that doesn't work? I recorded an autodrive path on the rim of the mezzanine and then used a helper to plant trees on that path. I am not concerned with the tree goal right now so I am exclusively planting American Elm which in 8 months will be chipped and I will plant again.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Tried to build an underground facility by terraforming over the top of a dome, hoping to still be able to walk inside. Nope. Fills it with dirt.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.

Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

I am currently in March. February was all snow and all I could do is fertilize and lime. Now I have to wait for the snow to melt before I can harvest grass. I am in a dome and I am waiting on snow to melt before the mower will work.

Helazak

Post by Helazak »

A couple nuggets of knowledge that might help. You cannot build inside a dome but you can build just outside it with something that projects inside the dome. Be careful painting so you dont accidentally change the floor tiles because that pattern is not available but you can build an electric gas pump just outside and make parking spaces inside the dome so your electric tractors can recharge while parking. Also Manure bins can be outside the cattle dome but near the barns.

Also, as stated earlier you can sell the outside land if you want. But you can also build outside which means windmills and solar panels all over the place for renewable income. I also just figured out how to get outside the dome and build stuff out there. A little short on cash right now but as I buy new equipment I want to try to farm outside the dome with my old stuff.

Boots

Post by Boots »

Helazak said - Using workers is not cheating. What else are they going to do, sit in the lounge in the parking garage and watch the TV that doesn't work?

The hired workers were playing a game (ha ha) and looks like they were having chees sandwiches ?

I had planted just over 7000 trees and got the message that there were too many trees - cut some down
to get 10000 trees planted - I will have to cut down 3000 trees (Not a fan of cutting down that amount of trees)

It took ages to get rid of the trees at the sawmill so I gave up on that
Tried the Devour Trees - that did work very quick
So I settled for the Trex600

My next problem came when I started to store the 6 crop types (800,000 of each type)
That is 4,800,000 lit. - there is no where to store that amount in the map ?

You see at the cattle dome I placed a shed to keep supplies for feeding the cows so I don't have to keep
opening and closing the air lock doors for every trip

Not a fan of the production side of the game - So the new DLC gets a miss
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Devour trees is my absolute favorite piece of forestry equipment. It works great with the table saw Mobile Utility (mod by Jos). Use the smallest trailer, put the table saw in the trailer and the pipe will shoot the chip directly into the sell station.

Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Status report: 1 year on mars 6:00 am August
Have successfully accomplished the following with $700k in the bank and zero loans:
- 240 ha planted
- 33 large bee hives
- 82 chickens
- 52 pigs
- 87 Sheep
- 102 Cows
- 12k trees planted
- 2k harvested
Crops in storage
- 3 Mliters Grass
- 2 Mliters silage
- 400 kl TMR created
- 200 kl wheat
- 100 kl canola
- 100 kl barley
- 3 kl honey
- 5 kl milk
Field crops planted
Wheat, Barley, Canola, Corn, Sunflower, Potatoes, Soybeans
12 months game time.
260 hours played real time
Only found 3 pieces of cheese and one won’t let me pick it up.
A few photos.
Home: I built a house on a mountain overlooking the Air traffic control tower so you can see the entire dome.

Top: Overview map showing 47 different fields. With the different crops planted. Was all grass and now transitioning to other crops since I now have a stockpile for livestock.

Spacex: I built a tall butte by the spaceship to get a better camera angle so you can see the fields outside. Couldn’t find a drone mod for a good overhead photo. The outside of the dome is sectioned off by invisible map borders. You can see I have marked the edge of the map creating paths between fields. If you get your construction view above the path you can build bee hives between the fields. I assume the bees can penetrate the barrier to gather pollen. Each section is isolated so you can never walk or drive across them. Each area has to have its own equipment. I had to get creative to figure out how to get vehicles outside into each cell.

Garage & Shed: For autodrive buffs, I have used the garage dome and the covered sheds for vehicle storage. Set up paths and waypoints so each implement and vehicle has its own parking space.