Game time still advances while game is paused

stephenstl

Game time still advances while game is paused

Post by stephenstl »

I am not sure how come the pause button is not stopping game time, I have had to pause the game to do something but when I get back I find that the game time has continued to advance while the game was paused. I have had the Game time advance several minutes or hours depending on what my time scale is running at while paused. I was wondering if anyone else is having this same issue with their game while paused???????
crash

Re: Game time still advances while game is paused

Post by crash »

You use the actual pause button in the options meny?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

On PC you have the "open menu" and the "pause game".

Open menu will not stop time
Pause game (with pause key on the keyboard) will. By the way, animals continues to move, even in pause, that's strange.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

They're still working on the pause function. That's why stuff still moves when paused. I think they lost their "to complete" list.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

It would be annoying if every time you entered the menu you would have to restart course play or a helper. I like how it is now vs pausing every time you go into the menu. I think they do too and that's why it is the way it is.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:04 pm It would be annoying if every time you entered the menu you would have to restart course play or a helper.
Yes it would...but there are ways to get around that...they are probably waiting for a modder to do that, like with automatic save.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

The game have had autosave for ages though, was that done by a modder first?

And, they have gotten arround that, since you have a dedicated key for pausing the game
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Automatic saving...without the need to open the menu.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:38 pm They're still working on the pause function. That's why stuff still moves when paused. I think they lost their "to complete" list.
They cannot lose what never existed ! Giants never finish / polish things.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:04 pm It would be annoying if every time you entered the menu you would have to restart course play or a helper. I like how it is now vs pausing every time you go into the menu. I think they do too and that's why it is the way it is.
A typical game pauses the game loop which wouldn't change the properties of objects. When they start calling the game loop again, everything would resume as if nothing happened.

There's probably programming classes where the devs could learn to do that.
crash

Post by crash »

There are some things i change in the meny on every new game i start, The first one is always to turn off automatic saving.. First off all, if you do something stupid that you regret, you can be damn sure that the game saves when you open the meny... And if you just want to take a quick look at the map or productions meny. The game is going to save when you open the meny, EVERY time. So autosave off, always..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
CasualDrama

Post by CasualDrama »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:02 pm On PC you have the "open menu" and the "pause game".

Open menu will not stop time
Pause game (with pause key on the keyboard) will. By the way, animals continues to move, even in pause, that's strange.
Been PC gaming for many years, just found out right now upon reading this that my keyboard has a specific pause key. LOL
humbe

Post by humbe »

Been using pause quite a bit myself. Sadly, while paused, the game still use quite a bit of resources. Would be nice to pause it and minimize it, and be able to let my GPU and CPU rest. Would also be nice to be able to inspect state in menues while paused, but I'd much prefer a pause that just froze everything and freed PC resources, rather than a pause that just halted time but still use almost the same amount of resources.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I can imagine after all these years of just tacking stuff on to the existing frame, the spaghetti code is totally out of control. It would probably take a complete rewrite and competence to make any meaningful improvements.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FBtheSQL wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:24 pm I can imagine after all these years of just tacking stuff on to the existing frame, the spaghetti code is totally out of control. It would probably take a complete rewrite and competence to make any meaningful improvements.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm ....
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads