Trains

Duck_Hunter

Trains

Post by Duck_Hunter »

Is there a way to view from car to car when loading? I mean, when I load say a long train of 20 cars, I am in the engine, and I have to look from there to line up the fill point with the cars. It would be much easier if I could be at the elevator fill point and see what I am actually doing. I know I can change the car by the "G" key to open each car, but how can my view jump to each car? I am on PC. Any ideas on how to do this?
Guil

Re: Trains

Post by Guil »

It's not possible base game anyway. I've never heard of a mod that does this.
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

there may be way of adding in a camera to default wagons then cycle through views
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Its not the answer you are after, but I always park a vehicle by the fill point. Either temporarily, or more often, I have a mod of an old cheap bicycle which I just lean up against the pipe and leave there permanently. I switch to that, see that the wagon is lined up, then switch to train to fill and repeat when needed.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I used to just move forward slowly until the fill trigger prompt appeared
Duck_Hunter

Post by Duck_Hunter »

Urinal2001 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:21 am Its not the answer you are after, but I always park a vehicle by the fill point. Either temporarily, or more often, I have a mod of an old cheap bicycle which I just lean up against the pipe and leave there permanently. I switch to that, see that the wagon is lined up, then switch to train to fill and repeat when needed.
That's a awesome idea, I will do that
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Maybe Helazak will see this, and add the following to his wish list.

- In base game enable a -Tab To- the current trigger while the trigger is occupied. This would allow the player to tab between the vehicle on the trigger and the trigger itself, which would be especially helpful for trains.
herrman

Post by herrman »

Or maybe we could ask VertexFloat if he can add wagons in his Camera system mod...
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks