Map Scaling

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Redmen

Map Scaling

Post by Redmen »

Can someone please point me to a in depth tutorial on correctly changing the size of a map blank.

I found an excellent video from Baurer Brown that explained UPP and scaling the map DEM and weight files. It did not mention the GDM or GRLE files though, or if anything else needs to be changed (like in the map xml). I saw several posts on this forum and the GDN forum with reference values for these, but not how to change them. So far all the other tutorials I have seen are taking someone else's larger map and trying to wipe it clean. I currently have a clean standard size map blank that I created by following a Baurer Brown tutorial video that I would like to change the size of.

From what I can gather, I need a different program to convert the GDM and GRLE files so I can edit them. Also, what about the compression (image quality setting) when I am scaling the DEM and weight PNG files?
LS-Lara

Re: Map Scaling

Post by LS-Lara »

Redmen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:25 pm From what I can gather, I need a different program to convert the GDM and GRLE files so I can edit them.
You will need Giants "GRLE Converter" from GDN. Despite of the misleading name, it is also suited for GDM files. You would convert those into PNG, do any changes on that level and then have Giants Editor re-convert it. Some basic workflow is outlined HERE.
Der Sinn des Lebens ist:
29.61%

Mein Traktor:
Base:
HP Pavilion 690-03xx
Core i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2x Benq GL2450H
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Custom:
2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 C16 XMP 2.0
Samsung NVMe M.2 970 EVO Plus 500GB