Using the front-end bale loader with a trackpad

Shubes

Using the front-end bale loader with a trackpad

Post by Shubes »

This may be an odd question and probably won't get a lot of input but I'm hoping SOMEONE besides me is using a Mac with FS22. My question/challenge is, I'm trying to use the bale lifting device that attaches to the front of my tractor - specifically the Fliegl Schmetterling $2,200 attachment - but I'm on an iMac and using a trackpad instead of a conventional two-button mouse. The videos that I've watched make it seem simple enough to raise/lower/tilt the forks but I can't figure out how to get the forks to spread/close using the trackpad. Using either the "right-click" or the "Ctrl" keyboard button (which is alt-click on a mouse) doesn't trigger the open/close dialogue on Mac like it apparently does on a PC. Again, I'm watching a couple YouTube tutorials, and it seems like as soon as you press the right-click when using this tool, a dialogue opens to open/close the forks. I'm not getting that with any combination I've tried. I *do* get the options to raise/lower and tilt forward/backward but there's no way to spread/close the forks so I wind up just pushing the bales all over the place.

Is there anyone who can offer up a solution to this? Really like my trackpad and I don't want to have to plug in a conventional 2-button mouse just for this. Any feedback/suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all from a brand-noob!
JensChrDK

Re: Using the front-end bale loader with a trackpad

Post by JensChrDK »

First of all, I'm sorry that you want to use that tool, probably one of the worst bale tools in the game.
But, do you have a keyboard attached to you Mac? Then just press X to open or close it, and V to lower or raise it.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Shubes

Post by Shubes »

JensChrDK wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:21 am First of all, I'm sorry that you want to use that tool, probably one of the worst bale tools in the game.
But, do you have a keyboard attached to you Mac? Then just press X to open or close it, and V to lower or raise it.
Thanks for taking time to reply! I finally gave up trying to use that tool but your reply confirms that I made the right decision. I never could get it to work (well, technically, it DID for a few seconds before I gave up on it) so I just went with something different. Only reason I was interested was it was the cheapest option available and as a brand-new player, I don't have the money to buy the stuff that I really want, but "leasing" drains my finances too fast! Thank you again for replying!
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

No worries mate :biggrin2:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick