Mods not downloading

Guil

Re: Mods not downloading

Post by Guil »

Alexv1125 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:51 pm
Guil wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:24 pm
Alexv1125 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:01 pm Yea so i went ahead and reset the router again and i'm still having the same issue where it just keeps installing but never actually doing it. it's the weirdest issue i've ever had on my xbox series x. The game and Xbox are both up to date.
Reset or reboot? 2 very different things. Reset the router by holding the reset button on the back near the power cable, sometimes it's a button and others it's a pinhole to push a needle or a pin into. Hold it until the lights turn off or start blinking. If you know how to login to the router you can do it that way either.

If it still doesn't work then try port forwarding https://www.farming-simulator.com/netwo ... country=br
I've done both reset and reboot for the router. ill see if i can try the port forwarding. it just doesn't make sense because its only if I try to install Maps if i install other stuff like tractors it works perfectly fine.
This is new info as your first post it said all mods. As Noraf asked, what storage space have you left for mods? Check in game and not what the xbox storage is saying. Can you download another mod today?
Alexv1125

Post by Alexv1125 »

Guil wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:56 pm
Alexv1125 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:51 pm
Guil wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:24 pm

Reset or reboot? 2 very different things. Reset the router by holding the reset button on the back near the power cable, sometimes it's a button and others it's a pinhole to push a needle or a pin into. Hold it until the lights turn off or start blinking. If you know how to login to the router you can do it that way either.

If it still doesn't work then try port forwarding https://www.farming-simulator.com/netwo ... country=br
I've done both reset and reboot for the router. ill see if i can try the port forwarding. it just doesn't make sense because its only if I try to install Maps if i install other stuff like tractors it works perfectly fine.
This is new info as your first post it said all mods. As Noraf asked, what storage space have you left for mods? Check in game and not what the xbox storage is saying. Can you download another mod today?
Sorry i thought I mentioned that before this is only happening with Maps i have 64.91 / 8,174.25 MB (1%) available. I was able to install a very small map yesterday that was only 29.84 MB but that was it. When I go to install the maps it does show that it uses the storage space but goes to 100% install then back to pending. I also dont have the ability to run a hard line at the moment. According to the xbox though my connection is really good I get about 150 Mbps download and about 100 Mbps upload.
Guil

Post by Guil »

That's your issue then. You need to delete mods, your mod storage is full and you cannot increase it.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Sort of figured it might be that, yes.
Best you can do, delete all mods not currently in use in the savegame you play. Also, because of limited space, if you have multiple saves because of playing on multiple maps, remove the maps you don't actively play on how, game will prompt you to download when you try to load that save on a later date. (Be sure to make room for the map again then)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Alexv1125

Post by Alexv1125 »

Sorry again that was not worded right the 64.91 is how much i have used out of the available 8,174.25 . That is just the small map and the 2 mods it required I was able to install I deleted all other mods I had installed. I basically have all storage available for mods. So i dont think its a space issue and i was able to run a cord and hardwire the xbox to see if it was a wireless internet thing and i can confirm it's not that I tried to install a map on a wired connection and it still did the same thing. I'm starting to think i just can't install these larger MB size maps and need to go with smaller ones.
Jetw01

Post by Jetw01 »

Hi guys just wanted to see if there is a fix for this the exact same thing is happening to me much appreciated
Ironmanfarmer

Post by Ironmanfarmer »

Jetw01 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:21 am Hi guys just wanted to see if there is a fix for this the exact same thing is happening to me much appreciated
Same here, I can't download maps, I deleted everything, even the game and they just keep cycling when they download
RailsRock

Post by RailsRock »

Ditto ….. only able to download smaller mods, but when it comes to larger files and maps, it’s a no-go on the X-Box Series X. Very frustrating.
BigDMan

Post by BigDMan »

Been having the same issue since at least a week ago. Larger file sizes from 400mb on up cycle between 0-100% then go to pending until failed appears. Can download smaller files with ease and have more than enough disk space available for the mods wanted. Internet connection is fine, have restarted console many times, hard reset done as well.

Xbox series X
jrolson

Post by jrolson »

Bandwidth is getting swamped right now with everyone downloading mods/patch updates
Wish we had mirror sites to download from...
james.heke@gmail.com

Post by james.heke@gmail.com »

Is there anything being done about maps not downloading? I have series x xbox and as previous players have said there is an issue with maps not downloading/installing. This is a new problem as I have previously been able to successfully download and install maps.
Opteo

Post by Opteo »

I’m having this too, and never had problems before. Seems there are a lot of people suddenly having this, making it very unlikely that it’s a local network issue.