Question About Mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BrummieFarmer

Question About Mods

Post by BrummieFarmer »

I am in the process of making a map for fs22, but I need some clariffication regarding placing mods/placeables into the map.
If I add a placeable building into map that is on modHub, do I need permission from the mod author, or is it ok to just give credit if I use the mod as is without editing the mod and would it then be ok to upload to modHub ?
I have read terms & conditions and the guidelines, but they are a little confusing. I have tried contacting some of the mod authors, but never get an answer.
Could someone please clarify this for me as there is a lot of conflicting information on the internet and I don't want to do the wrong thing.
dairy stu

Re: Question About Mods

Post by dairy stu »

I too would like some clarification on this please giants.
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

If the mod IS staying in the map then yes you NEED permission from the modder.

No only if you are using the dependencies tag in the moddesc as this will then download the automatically from the modhub

Hope that clear misleading info
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
BrummieFarmer

Post by BrummieFarmer »

Missyb wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:28 pm If the mod IS staying in the map then yes you NEED permission from the modder.

No only if you are using the dependencies tag in the moddesc as this will then download the automatically from the modhub

do you mean add them as required mods and that would be ok ??
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

BrummieFarmer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am
Missyb wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:28 pm If the mod IS staying in the map then yes you NEED permission from the modder.

correct
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

correct

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
BrummieFarmer

Post by BrummieFarmer »

Missyb wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:08 pm

correct

Thanks for clearing that for me