Connection problem

DirectCedar

Re: Connection problem

Post by DirectCedar »

archigiova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:23 pm I've had a similar issue. What I found was that sometimes the server routes might be cluttered or blocked based on the IPs. Initially, I tried using a VPN and switching my IP addresses, but it didn’t help. It seemed like the game servers were somehow recognizing and throttling these VPN connections, displaying constant "server timeout" errors.
So, have you found a workaround based on this observation? I have observed similar symptoms, and I remain stumped after trying every suggestion I can glean online and from a number of friends who are IT professionals. I've tried multiple VPNs with no success. Giants continues to ignore all of my and all of the other frustrated players' inquiries for tech support on this well-documented issue.
Guil

Re: Connection problem

Post by Guil »

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 am
archigiova wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:23 pm I've had a similar issue. What I found was that sometimes the server routes might be cluttered or blocked based on the IPs. Initially, I tried using a VPN and switching my IP addresses, but it didn’t help. It seemed like the game servers were somehow recognizing and throttling these VPN connections, displaying constant "server timeout" errors.
So, have you found a workaround based on this observation? I have observed similar symptoms, and I remain stumped after trying every suggestion I can glean online and from a number of friends who are IT professionals. I've tried multiple VPNs with no success. Giants continues to ignore all of my and all of the other frustrated players' inquiries for tech support on this well-documented issue.
The only VPN I found to work with FS is private internet access