Sim Panel

D.Acker

Sim Panel

Post by D.Acker »

Has anyone used the Sim Panel button box with FS? Have the Saitek side panel, but the joystick drifts etc.. Just bought a Logitech Extreme 3D joystick which is way better anyway IMO.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with this https://www.simpanel.com/flx
Noraf

Re: Sim Panel

Post by Noraf »

Probably not the answer you are after, but have you considered Sim Dashboard?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

At that price point you might as well get a Stream Deck + or Stream Deck XL :)
More flexible!
D.Acker

Post by D.Acker »

Noraf wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am Probably not the answer you are after, but have you considered Sim Dashboard?
Yes and no. I’m not opposed to other options either. I did look at the Sim Panel a while ago. I’ll revisit that option. If I remember correctly it Android OS only correct?

Thanks!
Last edited by D.Acker on Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D.Acker

Post by D.Acker »

olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 pm At that price point you might as well get a Stream Deck + or Stream Deck XL :)
More flexible!
I’ll take a look at it. Do you by chance use either for non streaming purposes?
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

D.Acker wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm I’ll take a look at it. Do you by chance use either for non streaming purposes?
99% of the time I use it for things not related to streaming. I think the name is just to catch the hype of streaming really.
It's a button box with small displays inside each button. And it's really good at what it does.
A button is nothing unless you
a) give it a shortcut or a preset function
b) apply a color, text or icon to make it intuitive to use

For Farming Sim I have set up a "main menu" where I have different pages depending on the task I'm about to do. Such as if I'm mowing, I go to the mowing page and I get all the controls I need for that; activate all, lower all, change work mode, attach/detach, GPS options, catch GPS direction, toggle GPS and so on.

On another page I have controls for harvesters. Activate header, unfold/fold combine, lower/raise header, pipe in/out, all the mentioned GPS stuff..

The good thing is the buttons change what they show. You don't have to remember what a button does, like you'd have to with the Logitech and Hori side panel things, or even a generic joystick. Like.. What does Button 21 do again? Or 18? Shoot.. Button 4 is what you're looking for.. But how are you going to remember all that? With a Stream Deck You can label the buttons with colors, icons and text however you please.

I recorded an example of my setup.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

D.Acker wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 pm
Noraf wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am Probably not the answer you are after, but have you considered Sim Dashboard?
Yes and no. I’m not opposed to other options either. I did look at the Sim Panel a while ago. I’ll revisit that option. If I remember correctly it Android OS only correct?

Thanks!
Yes, android only
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
D.Acker

Post by D.Acker »

olahaldor wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:55 am
D.Acker wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm I’ll take a look at it. Do you by chance use either for non streaming purposes?
99% of the time I use it for things not related to streaming. I think the name is just to catch the hype of streaming really.
It's a button box with small displays inside each button. And it's really good at what it does.
A button is nothing unless you
a) give it a shortcut or a preset function
b) apply a color, text or icon to make it intuitive to use

For Farming Sim I have set up a "main menu" where I have different pages depending on the task I'm about to do. Such as if I'm mowing, I go to the mowing page and I get all the controls I need for that; activate all, lower all, change work mode, attach/detach, GPS options, catch GPS direction, toggle GPS and so on.

On another page I have controls for harvesters. Activate header, unfold/fold combine, lower/raise header, pipe in/out, all the mentioned GPS stuff..

The good thing is the buttons change what they show. You don't have to remember what a button does, like you'd have to with the Logitech and Hori side panel things, or even a generic joystick. Like.. What does Button 21 do again? Or 18? Shoot.. Button 4 is what you're looking for.. But how are you going to remember all that? With a Stream Deck You can label the buttons with colors, icons and text however you please.

I recorded an example of my setup.
Great! Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it. That looks really slick. Now to decide if I want to do this or get a cheap android tablet for sim dashboard. Either seem like good options for sure.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

It's worth considering touch on screen vs. a tactile button cpress.
I tried the Loupedeck wihch has touch screen, and I didn't like it at all. There's no way I can operate a touch screen "without looking". Using physical buttons will enable muscle memory. :D

Good luck, look forward to see what you end up with and how you set it up :)