Missing SDK folder

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
tosc71

Missing SDK folder

Post by tosc71 »

Hi, I am new to this forum so please forgive any mistakes I have / will make in this post.

I have searched both online and in the forum search, for my question, but cannot find anything close to my issue.

In short, I installed the FS 19 Editor (haven't gotten FS 22 yet), and the video tutorials from Giant say to use the starter or demo file in the sdk folder, but my sdk folder in the game install folder (Epic Games / Farming Sim 19 / SDK), no where in those files is there an id3 file to start with. did they remove the starter file? I think I'm kind of stuck at step 1, open id3 file..
XPModder

Re: Missing SDK folder

Post by XPModder »

I dont think the sdk folder is supposed to contain any i3d files...
What were you interested in?
A map?
A vehicle?
A placeable?
You can find the i3ds for all of these in the relevant subdirectories of the data folder, but dont edit any of the files there, instead make a copy to a different location somewhere (eg in your documents folder) and then work on that copy. The easiest way to make a copy of an i3d file is to open the original in the editor, then go to File->Export all with files and select your desired destination folder. The editor will then create a copy of the original file in the selected destination. When its done, close the editor and when it asks if you want to save changes, select "Discard Changes".
Then you can navigate to your destination directory and you will find the copied i3d file there. This one you can now open in the editor and edit however you want.
Das Universum ist unvorstellbar groß und wir sind im Vergleich dazu winzig.

Daher kann mir jemand der unter uns Winzlingen Unterschiede in Hautfarbe oder Herkunft sucht, nur Leid tun, weil seine Sichtweise so begrenzt ist!

Fremdenfeindlichkeit ist Menschenfeindlichkeit!