AI

Guil

Re: AI

Post by Guil »

FBtheSQL wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:35 am Is it possible to hire a worker when "create new field" is active? If so, this should be considered a bug, and fixed.
By that token, is it a bug if the player drives the tractor into water and needs to reset it or off the side of a cliff etc?

The setting is off by default and it's the player that has to change it
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Headlands....run 2 or more passes the way you want the worker to go and one down each side.....this has never failed
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

blue_painted wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:51 am
FBtheSQL wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:35 am Is it possible to hire a worker when "create new field" is active? If so, this should be considered a bug, and fixed.
I bet you "beverage of choice" that if hiring a worker and creating a new field was removed there would be an outcry "GIANTS have ruined the game!! I **rely** on AI creating fields ..."
I would never bet against something like that.
But, it doesn't make sense to have the worker create a field because he/she wouldn't know the boundaries you want.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

Guil wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:42 pm
By that token, is it a bug if the player drives the tractor into water and needs to reset it or off the side of a cliff etc?

The setting is off by default and it's the player that has to change it
Maybe not a big, but a silly feature imo. The hired worker would just plow in a straight line, not knowing when to turn around.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

If you plow around and create like this borders for a new field/as a new field, the helper can still create a new field inside your created borders. But you should look after him like you look for a little child. Like this, it is a good feature to use helpers to create new fields. If you didn't create plowed boarders he will go on straight.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

ltl.vamp wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:12 pm If you plow around and create like this borders for a new field/as a new field, the helper can still create a new field inside your created borders. But you should look after him like you look for a little child. Like this, it is a good feature to use helpers to create new fields. If you didn't create plowed boarders he will go on straight.
Are you saying if you start a working in a plowed box, he will stay within that box?
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Yes. Like in a normal field, you go around an he will stay within the "borders". But look after him.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Unless that's changed recently the vanilla AI will not plow the unplowed middle of a field where you've done a few headlands. You would need to use CoursePlay and set the course to bypass islands.
PC Player - CoursePlay addict
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

SavageCDN wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:16 pm Unless that's changed recently the vanilla AI will not plow the unplowed middle of a field where you've done a few headlands. You would need to use CoursePlay and set the course to bypass islands.
What does bypassing islands have to do with plowing in the middle of the field?
Playing on PC and PS4
SavageCDN

Post by SavageCDN »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:32 am
SavageCDN wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:16 pm Unless that's changed recently the vanilla AI will not plow the unplowed middle of a field where you've done a few headlands. You would need to use CoursePlay and set the course to bypass islands.
If you start with a few headlands manually, you can then create a course in CP that will plow the entire field for you including the non-yet-plowed middle, however CP will consider that 'unplowed middle' as an island, hence the requirement to 'bypass islands' in the CP course settings.
PC Player - CoursePlay addict
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

SavageCDN wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:29 pm If you start with a few headlands manually, you can then create a course in CP that will plow the entire field for you including the non-yet-plowed middle, however CP will consider that 'unplowed middle' as an island, hence the requirement to 'bypass islands' in the CP course settings.
This is my standard process. I only do one headland which is enough for courseplay to recognize the field. Then with islands off CP will build a course to finish the job. I just make sure I start the helper after the headland or it will widen the field a little. In the end you have to double check it didn’t miss a few spots in turns but it saves lots of time.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

SavageCDN wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:29 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:32 am
If you start with a few headlands manually, you can then create a course in CP that will plow the entire field for you including the non-yet-plowed middle, however CP will consider that 'unplowed middle' as an island, hence the requirement to 'bypass islands' in the CP course settings.
Thats exactly the opposite of how it works. Selecting bypass islands would make it want to avoid the unplowed field as it would see it as an island and thus bypassing it.
Playing on PC and PS4
humbe

Post by humbe »

I seem to remember using a single headlands plowing run to define borders of a custom field that courseplay would create routes in as if the middle was also part of the field. If plowing with allow field creation though. Expext the plow tagging a few bits outside of your border if you dont let it do enough headlands first..
Jason Hennry

Post by Jason Hennry »

Guil wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:41 pm It only became a thing in fs19 I think. Before that if you hired a helper it would disable the allow create field
Thanks for the help I was facing the same problem, gonna try
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

You folks are giving solutions while using courseplay, but the OP is asking that the AI be fixed. I believe that's Giants job, rather than relying on a mod to complete their functionality. Most of the community can't even use courseplay..