Giants going the Arcade way?

Burekcina

Giants going the Arcade way?

Post by Burekcina »

I know it's getting kind of old but i was thinking today if Giants software are making the decision to turn FS into an Arcade game instead of Simulation?

All of the expansions are aimed towards the younger population and each is getting further away from the farming aspect of the game. There are no real improvements to the engine, community management is a joke, new releases are kids games and magazines?

Do you feel the same? I know modders are doing a great job at making improvements but it seems like Giants are completely ignorant to the issues this sim has had for more than a decade now.
mydixiewrecked

Re: Giants going the Arcade way?

Post by mydixiewrecked »

Burekcina wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 pm

community management is a joke

You mean nonexistent? I've seen some grumbling about the testing elsewhere. It's a s#!+show as of late
Eische

Post by Eische »

Burekcina wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:15 pm All of the expansions are aimed towards the younger population and each is getting further away from the farming aspect of the game. There are no real improvements to the engine, community management is a joke, new releases are kids games and magazines?
With all the time you spent in writing posts like this you could have been hired by Giants as a contractor to show them how a proper farming sim is made that sells as good as their games.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I have relegated myself to the understanding that this is probably my last installment into the series I will buy. I'm having fun with what I'm doing in game, and i feel as long as I don't expect anything better I'll be content.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

I loved playing fs19 with mods like Manure System, compost, Seasons etc. I never played a FS game as much as this version.
But in FS22 Manure System came far to late, compost is way less usefull and "Seasons" is a joke.
I stopped playing a few months ago and haven't played since.
The only map which is fun AND realistic (with proper Manure System support), is Talbach.
mydixiewrecked

Post by mydixiewrecked »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:22 pm I have relegated myself to the understanding that this is probably my last installment into the series I will buy. I'm having fun with what I'm doing in game, and i feel as long as I don't expect anything better I'll be content.
Ditto

I've been underwhelmed starting off from release date of 22. It's good now with the mods and Alma, but I see zero benefits jumping to a new game until the next version proves worthwhile.
apollos

Post by apollos »

I agree I don't really see the point.
192.168.1.1 192.168.100.1
Last edited by apollos on Fri May 24, 2024 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

FS19 was a huge step sideways for the franchise. FS22 did a relatively decent job of correcting some of the problems and putting things back on track but I've always got the impression it was too little too late. So many people from the community (particularly the good map makers from FS15 and 17) had lost interest and moved on.

I'm interested in what the next version is going to be like but I'm not holding my breath. I certainly hope it doesn't move too far away from being a farm sim.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It used to be acrcade style back in fs11 and fs13, there is people who think the simulation is hard not aclrcade style
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I've said it before, simulation is just a word in the title, and has never really meant anything.
One of the biggest draws to the game is being able to drive the machinery. But all the machines seem to be a copy/paste of each other, with a different skin. You can't adjust your position, and the mirrors are useless.

Add in forestry, and you step away from farming.
Add in factories, and you step away from farming.

This is just a guess, but I don't think anyone at Giants really cares about farming. They develop with minimal effort and attention to detail. They add what they think will sell copies, whether it relates to farming or not. Their saving grace are the modders, children at Christmas time, and the people who get a kick out of driving something with a brand name pinned to it.
I guess another saving grace is that I can play the way I want, by ignoring 80ish% of the content and stick to the farming.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Forestry is part of agriculture, the older players arnt really used to change
NowHeresRoy

Post by NowHeresRoy »

eric21 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:26 pm Forestry is part of agriculture, the older players arnt really used to change
After all these years, Eric is still here :biggrin2:
We been at this awhile haven't we? Glad to see you're still farmin *thumbsup*
PC User
TEXAS USA
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

I'm loving FS22!!

It's awesome, for me - when played on a decent PC rig using a custom button box / multiple input devices and mod hub available simulation enhancing mods, together with tactile feedback from SimHub and bass-shakers, Philips Hue lights, etc - it's been very easy to create a great simulator and lose oneself in it. Ok, it's not exactly the same as driving real equipment, but it's still easy to get all immersive and remove myself from reality.

And have a massive variety of interesting things to do.

Often, I just stop and look around at the scenery - it can be absolutely stunning at times.

Anyways - we are individuals and enjoy different experiences differently.

Happy Farming everyone!!! :biggrin2:
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

I also think FS22 is best, look other games, which have word "Simulator" inside, what they simulate? Not much more. They are trying to be realistic same time they are not.
If you want realistic experience, then it is real life, if you want to have fun and something looking realistic, then it is games.
FS19 was a big let down in some way, i still play FS17 sometimes, it is good in different way.

Also... forestry and farming are working together nowadays, most farms do forestry also, if they have forest. I also feel first time in FS series, forestry kinda works in FS22, did not like it before.
Productions was highly requested feature from players, lot of farms do smaller production but how Giants made it and handles it, it is very sloppy and dull gameplay feature. I hate it
and try to avoid it in FS22. If they want to, they can actually make productions buildings, where you can go inside, see all the elements, not just drop off something to one place and after little time
pick up from other side of the house.

FS22 is most realistic FS so far, seasons is not good atm... because there is only two options... no seasons or very easy seasons, no hard mode anymore, like it was before. Every year is same. Soon it will get boring. Where is struggle of real life farming when you have good and bad years?

Really hope in next FS they learn from these mistakes, make more hard and complicated seasons and better production system. Also I do not mind more harder and realistic farming, but it should
also have options to turn some features off, some players does not like too complicated farming.

Simulation is not always fun, it is how it can be made fun and more appealing to many more players also to arcade players. I hope Giants will make next game with more switchable options so it will be fun for everybody, even to hardcore real farmers.
Now I am playing two FS games, FS17 for fun and FS22 for simulation.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

After playing 17, 19 and 22, I can't say Giants is going more the arcade way. Instead of others, 19 was for me the worst of the 3 mentioned, bad sound, bad graphics and lightning and ugly map borders. For me 17 is still the best, but since then there is nice stuff added.

I'm speaking here over the basegame without mods, it's not fair to compare modded versions, because it's not up to Giants when specific mods are not released for newer versions. Giants is just adding more to the basegame, like seasonal growth and visuals. The seasons mod in 19 was more in depth, but it was not made by Giants and there are also people who don't like it at all.

The production part does not interest me at all, but it isn't in the way either.