FS22 Dedicated Server + DLC

Sajakain

FS22 Dedicated Server + DLC

Post by Sajakain »

If we were to activate all the "Official DLC" to our dedicated server, would every single player be required to own the DLC to connect?
TopComet

Re: FS22 Dedicated Server + DLC

Post by TopComet »

As far as I know, yes.
Sajakain

Re: FS22 Dedicated Server + DLC

Post by Sajakain »

Hmmm.

On the one hand I suppose it can make sense. The DLC can be classified as "mods" to the game. I can understanding everyone needing the same "mods" that the server has in order to connect and play on it. On the other hand, however, this would be the only game I've seen in recent years take this approach when it comes to their "official DLC".

Conan Exiles and V-Rising come to mind - two other games in which I own all the DLC for. When we host a dedicated server, not only do I not have to enable any DLC to be included but neither is no player excluded if they don't own it themselves. If I own the DLC and my friend(s) do not, any one of us isn't held back connecting to the server.

In this instance, I have all of the DLC of Farming Simulator 22 but am unable to access any of it because others that I play with on our server do not. So to give access to everyone, the server has to have them all disabled. This approach seems very restrictive.