Why no pre-order bonus....

Tonko

Why no pre-order bonus....

Post by Tonko »

I ordered Farming Simulator 2013 on the 5th of August from GIANTS directly (before Steam even added the game) and I am a little frustrated that people who went via the official site directly to purchase the game do not get any pre-order bonus like people who order on Steam are getting. It seems unfair that people such as myself are missing out.

Why is this the case, and why have no Dev's replied to people asking about pre-orders for people who have bought the game direct?
farmhand007

Re: Why no pre-order bonus....

Post by farmhand007 »

My best guess is they had to do it, because of the way fs11 was handled on the steam version. Although I had purchased fs11 from giants site directly, i've heard a lot of bad feedback on patches arriving late and dlc not working as expected. So this time around they offer the free tractor with pre-order to lure people back. With mods being easier to install, people can simply install a modded version of the tractor. So it's something I can overlook, and doesn't feel so special. Their should be pre-order bonuses from every seller though, something to sweeten the deal. I'm suprised amazon didn't offer a credited amount of money on future purchases, for those that buy fs13. It's something they usually do on pre-orders that i've done in the past.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

I agree that Steam probably forced Giants into the preorder bonus deal. There's a lesson to be learned from this. Always wait until close to release date to preorder because game sellers often run special promos or discounts to compete with each other and sometimes that means exclusive dlc or lower price. I waited to preorder the Steam version just last week and same with the recent XCOM. I'm not a big fan of exclusive content for preordering or special collectors editions. Preordering used to be non existent, you didn't get the game until it was available on a store shelf and everyone got the same thing. But unfortunately that's the way business is done now with everything moving to digital distribution channels. I wouldn't worry too much, it's just one tractor and I'd wager Giants will give to everyone at some point in the future either on its own or with a future dlc.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Let's wait and see what we get from Giants...
kris5166

Post by kris5166 »

What time can i buy it for the mac?
walker29

Post by walker29 »

Steam doesn't force anyone to do pre-order bonuses. They probably let companies know that it works to draw people in though.
alexbnc

Post by alexbnc »

What would happen in multi-player games if Steam players have that tractor but stand-alone games don't have it?
farmhand007

Post by farmhand007 »

I live in usa, just now I'm able to finally download farming simulator 2013. Here's what listed on the download page thing.
Windows
Farming Simulator 2013 (English, French, Spanish, Italian) Download now
Farming Simulator 2013 (Deutsch) Download now
Farming Simulator 2013 (Polski) Download now
Lizard ATV (GIANTS Direct Order Bonus) Download now
Lamborghini R6.125 (GIANTS Direct Order Bonus)
Wallpaper (GIANTS Direct Order Bonus)

So it looks like ordering from giants main site does have advantages after all.
alexbnc

Post by alexbnc »

farmhand007 wrote:I live in usa, just now I'm able to finally download farming simulator 2013. Here's what listed on the download page thing.
Windows
Farming Simulator 2013 (English, French, Spanish, Italian) Download now
Farming Simulator 2013 (Deutsch) Download now
Farming Simulator 2013 (Polski) Download now
Lizard ATV (GIANTS Direct Order Bonus) Download now
Lamborghini R6.125 (GIANTS Direct Order Bonus)
Wallpaper (GIANTS Direct Order Bonus)

So it looks like ordering from giants main site does have advantages after all.
I'm already downloading it, baby! Yes they give us 2 bonus vehicles, including the Lamborghini. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
farmhand007

Post by farmhand007 »

Glad I took a nap earlier it's gonna be a looonnggg night lol.
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

alexbnc wrote:What would happen in multi-player games if Steam players have that tractor but stand-alone games don't have it?
That's a really good question which I hope Giants can answer. I hope that the preorder bonus machines don't prevent players from being able to join games that don't have them. That would be bad.
Tonko

Post by Tonko »

Awesome! I am downloading it all now. Thank you GIANTS for not letting your customers down on this pre-order goodness :)
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

I didn't order from Steam, I ordered from gamersgate.com

My preorder bonus was a 20% discount.

I paid only $23.52 for my copy.

I am sure someone will have a mod that matches the DLC soon enough, so I got the better deal =)
2Wayne

Post by 2Wayne »

There is something to learn from steam. Any game that is supported with updates and other cool things like custom content and mods, then you should never buy that game on steam. The updates with them are always late and they don't care. Yeah its nice to have all your games in one place but its a pain to see people having fun and playing with the new fixes and patches and other cool mods before you can because steam is to lazy to put up the patch. Until they fix that i will never buy any game that has all this great content on there only like FPS and other major games that are really supported.

I was able to buy FS2013 from the giants website and i received all the extra content!
Last edited by 2Wayne on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jasondaniels10

Post by jasondaniels10 »

I am from Australia and I pre-ordered the game through the official Farming Simulator 2013 Website (Giants). I also received what farmhand007 posted up. So I guess no matter where you live if you ordered before release date you would of received the bonus content. :D