ready to harvest colour

What_Triggger

ready to harvest colour

Post by What_Triggger »

Hi, I couldnt find anything realating to crops only planted grass.

Say if I plant wheat and wait to the darkest ready to harvest colour will i get more yeild over the first light green? or is this increase only related to grass,

thanks
Rhys

Re: ready to harvest colour

Post by Rhys »

There is no yield difference in the green stages also not with grass. But once the crop has reached the first green stage its advisable to set the passing of gametime to realtime so you have time enough to harvest. Waiting on the third green stage is not a good idea because the crop is going to spoil soon. Course grass does not spoil.
sketchie

Post by sketchie »

If you wait till the last green, you will have less time to harvest - it is advisable to start as soon as it turns green so you have maximum time to harvest. as the next stage is tops only then the crop is dead and useless.
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Grass will yield more
Farmer2013

Post by Farmer2013 »

Rhys - have you tried harvesting light green and dark green fields to see if there's a defference in yield?
I was a farmer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

I have only ever harvested crops (wheat, conola, barley) when they hit "brown" stage, I set game to real time and plant the field, then 120x till brown, and realtime to harvest, ive never had a crop spoil on me unless I intentionally left it, and have harvested some pretty big fields too, but always wanna upgrade ur harvesters and other equipment to make harvesting faster.
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Farmer2013 wrote:Rhys - have you tried harvesting light green and dark green fields to see if there's a defference in yield?
I did wheat and grass, wheat was no change , grass gave more. 50% more to be exact.