FS2011 Free DLC pack conversion help?

Darksiede

FS2011 Free DLC pack conversion help?

Post by Darksiede »

I took the free 2011 DLC pack with the classic bale equipment and got them into 2013 but have run into a huge problem..

The smaller bales that these wagons use do not exist in 2013 and I do not have 2011 to borrow them from. Is it possible for someone to lend me a copy of the .i3d files for them?

<baleType fruitType="wheat" filename="strawbaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
<baleType fruitType="barley" filename="strawbaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
<baleType fruitType="dryGrass" filename="haybaleBalerSmall.i3d" />

With these i3d's missing is fills up the baler one time and continues to eat straw, but fails to ever produce a visible bail for later use. I attempted to convert it over to the newer (and larger) square bales like the big Krone uses, but it was a total mess... It filled up the bailer repeatedly while failing to give visible bails, eventually the bailer ceased filling but continued to eat straw. Once that happened it lagged the game to all hell and nearly froze.

Thanks in advance,
~Dark

PS: It just dawned on me, is there possibly a non-working (in 2013) eject key to launch bails from the bailer?
RubberPIX

Re: FS2011 Free DLC pack conversion help?

Post by RubberPIX »

Actually, those i3d files ARE included with the dlc, you just need to look again. I tried converting the baler myself and it doesn't want to produce any bales and I have yet to look into why. As for your last question, no there isn't, it should produce bales as it creates them and they should automatically drop from the baler when it's far enough out.

Andy
Darksiede

Post by Darksiede »

Think I found the problem, in the fahrAPN.xml it is looking for these files as noted above:

<baleTypes>
<baleType fillType="wheat_windrow" filename="data/maps/models/objects/strawbale/strawbaleBaler.i3d" />
<baleType fillType="barley_windrow" filename="data/maps/models/objects/strawbale/strawbaleBaler.i3d" />
<baleType fillType="dryGrass_windrow" filename="data/maps/models/objects/strawbale/haybaleBaler.i3d" />
</baleTypes>

What I found since you mentioned they are in the mod (which I never thought to look in beyond the xml files) are these files:

haybaleBalerSmall.i3d
strawbaleBalerSmall.i3d

Going to change over what its looking for and give it a shot, have to pick my daughter up from school before I will get the chance to test it however...

~Dark
Last edited by Darksiede on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darksiede

Post by Darksiede »

well, scratch that, actually got a quick test in and it still failed.. Ive also noticed since working on this mod I cannot exit game normally, when I click on exit it crashes out with an error log, will investigate farther this evening..

~Dark
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

After you do the basic conversion, you need to open fahrAPN.xml

Search for the call fruitType

Code: Select all

<baleTypes>
        <baleType fruitType="wheat" filename="strawbaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
        <baleType fruitType="barley" filename="strawbaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
        <baleType fruitType="dryGrass" filename="haybaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
    </baleTypes>
Change it to fillType

<baleTypes>
        <baleType fillType="wheat" filename="strawbaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="barley" filename="strawbaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="dryGrass" filename="haybaleBalerSmall.i3d" />
    </baleTypes>
FruitTypes is no longer used in 2013 this way. Leave Fruit types alone anywhere else you find it, however. Just those three is all you need.

Then open ParticleSystemShader.xml. Change customShader version from, 1 to 2:

<CustomShader version="2" classRequirement="">
After that, should work fine. The conveyor script it a little off, so the animation is shifted some, but barely noticeable. I tested this on my system, worked like a charm.

If you want to make the brand logo show up in the Store screen, that's easy to do too. Just change this:

<image active="store_fahrAPN.png" />
to this:

<image active="store_fahrAPN.png" brand="$data\vehicles\brand_fahr.dds" />
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

You are so awesome Staalker :)

Andy
Darksiede

Post by Darksiede »

Hell yes, thank you Staalker.. Working on fixing it proper now.. This helps immensely with my goal of running an oldschool farm with older & smaller equipment...

~Dark
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Staalker wrote:Then open ParticleSystemShader.xml. Change customShader version from, 1 to 2:

After that, should work fine.
No, should not. Converting a shader is more then just changing that value and in most cases you'll get errors in your LOG file. But since this shader comes with the game, you just have to replace it with the one from the installation directory.
Staalker

Post by Staalker »

bassaddict wrote:
Staalker wrote:Then open ParticleSystemShader.xml. Change customShader version from, 1 to 2:

After that, should work fine.
No, should not. Converting a shader is more then just changing that value and in most cases you'll get errors in your LOG file. But since this shader comes with the game, you just have to replace it with the one from the installation directory.
Yes, converting a shader is more than just changing that value.

However, in this case it works because the shader in the mod is actually fine, the game calls an error because the xml file says it's version 1 and not 2.

I was not in any way suggesting this worked for any other mod than this one. It works here, I tested it, and it returned no warnings or errors.

In this exact case only, the instructions I gave work fine. It should work fine.