How to: Connecting multiple big trailers!!

csx6245

How to: Connecting multiple big trailers!!

Post by csx6245 »

I was able to figure out after trail and error with the vehicle xml files to change to where you can tow multiple big trailers. For example I did the Krampe Big Boy 900 you go into the file. For me its in the C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 2013\data\vehicles\trailers\krampe\krampeBBS900.xml Change the xml to a txt file to open it in notepad and make a change the following scricpt. All you do is where it says trailerlow replace it with trailer. Then save and change the file back to a xml. And remember to always copy the original file first before making changes.

*Note from the photo that the trailers look funny its because there are two hitch points on the tractors and now you are using the upper hitch point not the lower this is also why you cant hitch multiple together because the hitch on the trailer is an upper hitch point not a lower.

<attacherJoint index="0>6" jointType="trailerLow"/>
<trailerAttacherJoints>
<trailerAttacherJoint index="0>7" low="false" maxRotLimit="10 80 80" />
</trailerAttacherJoints>

Last edited by csx6245 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boosted

Re: Connecting multiple big trailers

Post by Boosted »

If I could use that trick to hitch together blue bail trailers that'd be sick. however i dont believe theres a hitch on the back of a blue bail trailer =\
Sucratzz

Re: How to: Connecting multiple big trailers!!

Post by Sucratzz »

maybe you can change the code to make the rear of the trailer a low point rather than changing the trailer to connect to a high point. Would make it visually better. I don't know if the .xml will let you do that tho.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

nice
NickelPlate

Post by NickelPlate »

Now that's what I call a grain train! What are you using to pull that an X720? :mrgreen:
csx6245

Post by csx6245 »

Yeah its the 720, after using this I recommend no more than 4 after that the 720 is a bit sluggish after u load all 5 trailers. I have been trying to make changes to allow the CaseH to tow these trailers with little affect so far.
csx6245

Post by csx6245 »

Actually I figured out how to use the Case just attach a Kroger 402 or any big trailer you haven't did this mod for and have it be the first trailer then attach the modded trailer behind it and it will work. So with that beast I am betting it can pull maybe 8 or so large trailers.