Getting rid of planted grass??

Juls

Getting rid of planted grass??

Post by Juls »

I have a field I planted in grass, and i now want to plant canola,

neither the cultivator or plough will remove the grass,

so how do i get rid of the grass so i can plant canola?

It's probably a silly question, i'm sure there must be a easy way to do this.

Cheers
Juls
Rosenberg

Re: Getting rid of planted grass??

Post by Rosenberg »

i also have this problem. By a mistake i pressed O hven i hired a worker. And i found out a bit later that my two fields that i had combined together and expanded, went back to the way it was original. The only way i could get rid of the grass, was to use a plow and allow it to create new field. Hope they can fix this bug in the next patch.
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

When you plant grass you effectively remove the field. To replant something else you need to plough a new field in the grass, regardless of any ploughing you did before planting grass. You cannot get workers to do this as there is no field for them to work off. Also makes sure you enable create fields.

You can plough in any direction you want to save time then use a cultivator to straighten up the field. If you really like neat fields like I do use the starting seeder with grass to straighten any edges after you finish ploughing.
Juls

Post by Juls »

Ok thanks, I did try that but nothing happend will try again.

Juls
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

Juls wrote:Ok thanks, I did try that but nothing happend will try again.

Juls
Keep an eye on your options on the top left of screen when you use the plow. There should be a button to create new fields or something like that.
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

Juls, you'll see multiple posts on the forum concerning joining two fields together, such as #15 and #16, to create one large field. Use the plow to plow the road between the two fields. Of course, you must own both fields.
ThomasMJ3377

Post by ThomasMJ3377 »

think it is SO stupid the way they have chosen to use with grass on I never sows grass and has then no queues really hope the giant's made ​​a new patch to fix it so you can plow it down to the field now even is actually in the game :) Anybody know if there are some giants people who read in here I wonder?
CornetPlayer

Post by CornetPlayer »

ThomasMJ3377 wrote:think it is SO stupid the way they have chosen to use with grass on I never sows grass and has then no queues really hope the giant's made ​​a new patch to fix it so you can plow it down to the field now even is actually in the game :) Anybody know if there are some giants people who read in here I wonder?
bassadict works for Giants. he is a frequent contributor here.