Manual Ignition

Meiska

Manual Ignition

Post by Meiska »

I wasn't sure where to post this. I've seen this mentioned a lot and Giant has it advertised under their mods. Can anyone tell me what it does? Thanks.
Mantose

Re: Manual Ignition

Post by Mantose »

Normally when you enter a vehicle, it turns on automatically. With the mod, you would have to press a key/button to turn it on. I assume thats what manual ignition means.
TMoSM

Post by TMoSM »

Yes when you have this installed, you jump in a vehicleand have to press Y two times to get the engine running. I use this so i can just sit in the combine and wait for fields to grow rather than wasting fuel on idol *thumbsup*
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

I use it so all my machinery stays on, so when I TAB between vehicles I don't have to wait for each one to start before I can take off.
Only thing is that it seems like my tractors use more fuel when I drive them since I installed this mod. I don't mean when they are idle when I'm not using them, but when I drive them, they absolutely guzzle down fuel :shock:

I refueled my tractor with 500L reservoir, now I just made straw bales on 1 small field and collected them and it already used up half of the gas :confusednew:

Money is not a problem, fuel is cheap in this game, but I don't feel like driving there and waiting for the tractor to fill up lol

Guess I'll be using the adjustable fuel usage mod too :mrgreen:
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

markothevrba wrote:I use it so all my machinery stays on, so when I TAB between vehicles I don't have to wait for each one to start before I can take off.
Only thing is that it seems like my tractors use more fuel when I drive them since I installed this mod. I don't mean when they are idle when I'm not using them, but when I drive them, they absolutely guzzle down fuel :shock:

I refueled my tractor with 500L reservoir, now I just made straw bales on 1 small field and collected them and it already used up half of the gas :confusednew:

Money is not a problem, fuel is cheap in this game, but I don't feel like driving there and waiting for the tractor to fill up lol

Guess I'll be using the adjustable fuel usage mod too :mrgreen:
Depending on how you enjoy playing the game, you could get one of those mobile fuel tanks. From the sounds of your post though you would probably be happier with a fuel usage mod :)
Allebane

Post by Allebane »

Seems like mine is using more fuel also :(
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

So it's not just my imagination then :zunge:

I looked at it closely last time I was taking the bales to the cow pit and I noticed that when driving with my tractor (one of the better green big ones) it consumes a liter of fuel every 6 seconds :shock:

It's not a problem to refuel it money wise, I even don't mind going to the fuel pump if I'm in a good mood, it just takes SO LONG to refuel a 600L tractor.

Anyway, I will try to find a way to edit the mod files, because it's obviously the mod that alters it and I will post if I find anything to reduce this madness :hi:
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

Is it possible that leaving a vehicles engine on contributes to fuel usage when tabbing? I haven't noticed an increase but I never leave an unattended vehicle idling. Will test it further in tonight's session.
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

If you leave your vehicles on and TAB out they WILL use fuel. Not as much as they do when driving, but I think default is 25% of that, unless the mod changed that to more or less, but they do use fuel when on, I can confirm that, because that's how I use a lot of my fuel by leaving tractors on for days *thumbsup*
Boosted

Post by Boosted »

lol ever since I bought a bigger tractor when i was upgrading from starter equipment seems like fuel goes down a lot faster, maybe this was a stealth fix in a patch for the game an not that mod. cuz ive been refilling my tractors like a mad man for the past 2-3 days
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

Ok, I have found how to make fuel consumption go back to default while using this mod!

Here's what you need to do.

Go to documents/my games/Farming Simulator 2013/mods

There look for a .rar file named "ZZZ_manualIgnition.rar". Open that .rar file with winrar or 7zip, whatever you have installed
In that .rar file look for a file called "manualIgnition.lua" - double click it
DO NOT EXTRACT THE ARCHIVE AT ANY POINT! Mod stopped working when I extracted and rearchived, so just open it.
When it asks you what you want to do click on "select program from list of installed programs" and click OK. When it displays a list look for Notepad, select it and press OK.

Now it will open a wall of code in notepad.
In there look for 2 lines (ctrl+F to make it easier):
-self.idleFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#idleFuelUsage"), 10) / 100;
-self.movingFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#movingFuelUsage"), 40) / 100;

Change both 10 and 40 to 0

It should look like this
-self.idleFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#idleFuelUsage"), 0) / 100;
-self.movingFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#movingFuelUsage"), 0) / 100;

Press ctrl+S and click yes to save it. It will ask you if you want to save changes to the archive, press yes. If it doesn't notify you that there are changes to archive and if you want to save, you did it wrong, so close everything and repeat the process.

This made my fuel usage go back to what it was without the mod on, but with manual ignition still working like it should. I tried making it use less fuel than normal, but I couldn't figure it out, because no matter how I changed it I couldn't get it to use less than default.
n9mfk9

Post by n9mfk9 »

were can this mod be found?
thanks beau
WolfDK1984

Post by WolfDK1984 »

markothevrba wrote:Ok, I have found how to make fuel consumption go back to default while using this mod!

Here's what you need to do.

Go to documents/my games/Farming Simulator 2013/mods

There look for a .rar file named "ZZZ_manualIgnition.rar". Open that .rar file with winrar or 7zip, whatever you have installed
In that .rar file look for a file called "manualIgnition.lua" - double click it
DO NOT EXTRACT THE ARCHIVE AT ANY POINT! Mod stopped working when I extracted and rearchived, so just open it.
When it asks you what you want to do click on "select program from list of installed programs" and click OK. When it displays a list look for Notepad, select it and press OK.

Now it will open a wall of code in notepad.
In there look for 2 lines (ctrl+F to make it easier):
-self.idleFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#idleFuelUsage"), 10) / 100;
-self.movingFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#movingFuelUsage"), 40) / 100;

Change both 10 and 40 to 0

It should look like this
-self.idleFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#idleFuelUsage"), 0) / 100;
-self.movingFuelUsage = Utils.getNoNil(getXMLFloat(xmlFile, "vehicle.fuelUsage#movingFuelUsage"), 0) / 100;

Press ctrl+S and click yes to save it. It will ask you if you want to save changes to the archive, press yes. If it doesn't notify you that there are changes to archive and if you want to save, you did it wrong, so close everything and repeat the process.

This made my fuel usage go back to what it was without the mod on, but with manual ignition still working like it should. I tried making it use less fuel than normal, but I couldn't figure it out, because no matter how I changed it I couldn't get it to use less than default.
Well..

You most likely made an Rar file instead of a Zip file;-) made that mistake in FS2011 a few times
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other Bastard die for his"
George S. Patton.

"Who am I? I am but the sum of my experiences
and today i am more than i was yesterday and less than i will be tomorrow"
TerraByte.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up"
Thomas Wayne.
markothevrba

Post by markothevrba »

Oh yeah, it's probably that, I didn't even think about that, I was so busy trying to make my tractors super economic :mrgreen:
Meiska

Post by Meiska »

Wow so many responses! Sorry, had an unexpected out of town vacation pop up. I probably won't use this mod because I'm weird and like to hear them start up and start to move (I know it's annoying to most people so I understand WHY the mod is avail)

n9mfk9 - It's avail on the official site like when you're in game and choose to download mods from the menu. There seems to be a number of them avail across the internet as well. Been debating it and finally broke down and asked about it.

Thanks so much for everyone's reply.