[Feature Request] Classic Baler/Loader from FS2011

Fragr92_

[Feature Request] Classic Baler/Loader from FS2011

Post by Fragr92_ »

Remember the free DLC for Farming Simulator 2011 that added a smaller baler with an automatic loader wagon?
If not just check the DLC section at the official Farming Simulator site.
I just think it would be good if they ported it over to FS2013 since there are no real options for collecting hay/straw
until you've earned around 200-300k. (Counting the baler, a tractor that can pull it properly, frontloader/autoloader,
bale trailer, etc.) Can't remember exactly what the Classic Baler/loader cost but it was a hell of a lot less than
the normal balers and it could be pulled efficiently by the starter tractors if need be.

And yes, i know this could probably be modded into the game but really, it probably wouldn't take Giants long
to do this since they seem to have already brough vehicles straight from 2011 with some minor changes (Deutz
Agrofarm 430fl for example). And since it was free for 2011 it can't really have been much work back then either.

Do this and i'll be a happy man *thumbsup*
Don't put up that which you can put down today.
Chris 7s

Re: [Feature Request] Classic Baler/Loader from FS2011

Post by Chris 7s »

I downloaded it then did the necessary work to make sure it works in FS2013, and it worked for me.
Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wvqnccu57e9qo0h
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

.RAR File?
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

Would it be possible to put each implement into its own .zip file please. I have tried to do so from the .RAR in the download but I don't know which files belong to which implement. Much appreciate the conversion :)
Fragr92_

Post by Fragr92_ »

Chris 7s wrote:I downloaded it then did the necessary work to make sure it works in FS2013, and it worked for me.
Here's the download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wvqnccu57e9qo0h
Thanks for the quick reply Chris 7s.

I installed the mod (Had to unpack it and repack the contents of the "old" folder as a .zip file to get the game to detect the mod) and
started a new game. The old baler and wagon have indeed been added to the game. However, the sceptic in me thought that the mod
had been released a little too fast so i decided to try the baler out as well. Turns out it loads up to 100% with hay but it doesn't produce
any bales. It still removes the hay from the ground after it reaches 100% though. But if removing all the hay from the ground was all i
wanted to do i might as well have just cultivated over it.
Could it be that it doesn't just produce standard bales but it's own smaller types of bales? I tried the FS2011 version again for reference
and the bales are a lot smaller than normal ones but their model looks just like a standard bale that has been shrunk. I also think they
sell for slightly less.
Didn't have a chanse to try out the Loader Wagon since i didn't get any bales to try it with.
RubberPIX

Post by RubberPIX »

Staalker helped me convert this one myself and there are a lot of problems doing so. The baler does indeed create it's own type of bales that also need to be converted. As they are right now, they don't store the amount of straw or hay in them so they end up being treated as if they have 4200 in them instead of the actual amount. There was another problem with the baler that caused it to do what you stated, not pushing out the bales. I don't remember the fix for it, but if look at http://forum.landwirtschafts-simulator. ... 79&t=46329 you will see the fix and everything that was already figured out. The biggest problem is with the trailer when you scoop up the bales. The triggers are a bit off and if you don't just sit there and let it go all the way into the trailer before you move on, it could just ignore the fact that it was picked up and show up on the ground as if you never touched it. This may be fixed by fixing the bales, or it may be a problem with the trailer. I'm not really a modder so I don't know a solution. :( This conversion may have seemed easy at the start, but it quickly proved to be something for actual modders.

Andy

PS. I should point out I haven't downloaded the file provided since I'm waiting for it to officially be released or for someone to say it works exactly like it did in FS11.
Fragr92_

Post by Fragr92_ »

And that's why i didn't file this in the modding section and asked Giants to do it instead. :)
They know their stuff better than any modders since they made the game and engine in the first place.
But don't get me wrong, modding is a great thing and i'm thankful that Chris 7s took the time out of his day to help me
even if he didn't quite manage to make it work.
It's just that, like i said before, Giants knows their stuff better and with more complex stuff like this it's sometimes
better to just ask the devs straight off the bat. Especially considering it was a freebie in a previous game based off
the same engine :)