Loading Waggons vs. Baling Technology

cowfoot

Loading Waggons vs. Baling Technology

Post by cowfoot »

I am wondering if there are places I can just sell raw straw and hay from loading waggons, and if so if that is better or more practical than selling bales on the farm. I think the green ramp icons on the map are for selling cut grass, but I don't really know because I haven't used them at all. I am not currently interested in cattle, so I just want to sell the hay and straw. What I hope you can tell me is which is more practical, selling hay and straw from loading wagons (if that is possible) or baling the stock and selling it in the barn at the farm?

Thanks for any help.
Old McZerO

Re: Loading Waggons vs. Baling Technology

Post by Old McZerO »

Just unload you forage wagons into the straw shed if you want to sell it.
cowfoot

Post by cowfoot »

Ah, thank you Old McZerO. I didn't know that we could do that.

I only wonder now, since I haven't harvested straw or hay in a forage waggon yet, is a windrower necessary for using loading waggons?
Mantose

Post by Mantose »

no, you dont need a windrower. They do make it easier on some situations though.

It would be very easy to test ... just make or give yourself the money then buy the equipment and test it out. Then dont save the game.
Old McZerO

Post by Old McZerO »

With the starter harvesters it can be more efficient to windrow straw but as you get into the bigger ones it becomes obsolete.