Over 2 million official mods already downloaded by players!

Freki

Over 2 million official mods already downloaded by players!

Post by Freki »

Released one month ago, Farming Simulator 2013 on PC has enjoyed international success, by adapting in a video game all the challenges and subtleties of agriculture and farming.

The popularity earned by the game from Giants Software allowed it to set a new record for mods downloaded through the official Mod Hub for Farming Simulator 2013. Over 2 million mods have already been downloaded through this Hub -- directly accessible through the game’s menu -- which offers a selection of the best mods. These mods, and the hundreds of unique mods that have already been created by players and shared through many fan sites, allow Farming Simulator 2013 to offer a much longer lifespan with constantly renewed gameplay experience.

Thanks to the development tools supplied with the game, players regularly create and share new content, including new vehicles, maps, equipment, buildings, as well as brand new environments, gameplay modifications… and even crazy things like flyable planes! Giants Software have joined the fun with their own mods: their “Lizard ATV” off-road quad is currently the most popular mod, with nearly 350,000 downloads! This off-road vehicle allows virtual farmers to quickly get around their immense farm, by using paths that would be inaccessible to regular farming vehicles.

2 million downloads: this is a huge number that does not include the hundreds of thousands (or millions) of downloads taking place on fan sites dedicated to modding Farming Simulator 2013!

>> MODS <<
FOCUS INTERACTIVE TEAM
CornetPlayer

Re: Over 2 million official mods already downloaded by playe

Post by CornetPlayer »

Congratulations!!! Well done, Team.

This is the first game in the FS franchise that I played, and it's been a great experience. Lots of fun. Giants support for the modding community is a business model that others should follow.
Aal3474

Post by Aal3474 »

Impressive! With a fan base that large, I can see this game continuing for a long time. You deserve a self induced pat on the back.
blasceras

Post by blasceras »

Could this be a "Big Sign" for developers/producers/publishers of the need to revamp these forums for international customers?? (translating the wiki, forum helps, etc to English? ) Just saying :)
I find that the majority of the mods descriptions and help is not in english...
Anyway, i'm having a blast with this Great game folks! *thumbsup*
giacdegiac

Post by giacdegiac »

Will this persuade the developer to release patches, and add new contents faster ?
Nina

Post by Nina »

just wish I could find the mods I am looking for to replace the broken official stuff
Racn

Post by Racn »

Big Gratz Giants, glad to see the success you have had already, figure that just means bigger and better things for us in the future. Really enjoy what you have done. *thumbsup*
quadsimfarmer

Post by quadsimfarmer »

Congratulations Giants software, it's a great sign to the quality and popularity of the game. When the Mac version is released, I could see many more quality mods made available.
orangetayo

Post by orangetayo »

Really enjoying the game, thank you guys!
Hammeruk69

Post by Hammeruk69 »

well done Giants, great game..... though would be nice for a few more tractors to choose from N1. *thumbsup*
sfy

Post by sfy »

so how exactly does a mod wind up on that page? there are so many out there, yet we only have 4 pages of mods there.