PRESENTATION

Morphe

Re: PRESENTATION

Post by Morphe »

Hey, I'm 25 years old and live in Indiana, USA (plenty of farms around here).
I am a scientist that works with DNA sequencing and bioinformatics data analysis.
In my free time, I like to play PC games - my favorites are Team Fortress 2, Civilization 5, and Minecraft.
I enjoy farming in Minecraft, and so when I saw FS2013 on steam, I thought I'd check it out.
Nearly 50 hours into FS2013 now, I really enjoy it - I've only done cropping so far but I'm just about the start my sheep farm operation.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

I'm a 42yr old American raised in Iowa doing farm work for income in the high school years, permanent resident of Australia via marraige (we met playing Everquest 8 yrs ago).

After a uni degree in Economics, I spent 13 years on Wall Street, and then decided to get into IT - went about it via customer service / QA for SOE in the EQ/Planetside/SWG days, moved to Australia and went to work for a software development shop that makes investment accounting systems. I'm a project manager now.

All of this is probably why I spend so many hours testing the various dynamics of a farming simulator online game, with a concentration in the $$ side of it . . .
Cpt.Ass
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Cpt.Ass »

Top Soil wrote:I'm a 42yr old American raised in Iowa doing farm work for income in the high school years, permanent resident of Australia via marraige (we met playing Everquest 8 yrs ago).

After a uni degree in Economics, I spent 13 years on Wall Street, and then decided to get into IT - went about it via customer service / QA for SOE in the EQ/Planetside/SWG days, moved to Australia and went to work for a software development shop that makes investment accounting systems. I'm a project manager now.

All of this is probably why I spend so many hours testing the various dynamics of a farming simulator online game, with a concentration in the $$ side of it . . .
And i think many of us love you for that :hi: Or at least i love your work here at the forum :smileynew:

And back to topic.

Im Ulrich, 25 years old, living in Legoland aka. Denmark and at the moment im working at the office for a windowcleaning company as i have a broken wrist.
Ive spend almost all my game time since it came out in this game where im usually playing BF3 or CoD4. But this game is so relaxing and pretty fun when your in multiplayer.
Steam: mikerowe666 - feel free to add me.
Racn

Post by Racn »

Hi:
Im Richard from Western Canada, born and raised here, folks migrated here in 1951. Grew up on a dairy farm, when we got new tractors when I was a kid they were the Deutz 10006. Im 55 years of age, build custom kitchens and vanities for work, really enjoy FS 13 in my free time.
boodhaa

Post by boodhaa »

:hi:
Hi I am a man (60 years old) from The Netherlands and worked for 20 years in Agricultural, the farm was to smal so I stopped with it and now I work on an airport. I started 18 month's a go playing fs2011 but this game is better than the old one.
I am gone miss it next months when I go on a 2months holliday to Asia.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

My name is Bob, friends call me Wizard. I’m 56 years old, from northwest Ohio. I’m disabled/retired from the agriculture field, where I worked as a grain tester at our local elevator. I also ran our locomotive, in the off season, while loading out grain. I started playing FS2011 about 2 months ago and immediately became hooked. I purchased FS2013 a couple days ago, and am still becoming acquainted with it. I have found this forum very helpful and friendly. It does my old heart good to see so many younger players taking an interest in a game that doesn’t involve violence.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
SgtMajor

Post by SgtMajor »

Howdy....I"m Steven from Southern California but born and raised in Kansas. Retired from the Marine Corps in 2000 and now work a few hours, 3 or 4 days a week for a Financial Services Company. (Work from home so have a LOT of computer time......Smile)

I've always loved farming but never had the $$$$ to actually get started. Now.....not a problem. (smile) Been a Flightsimmer for years and still spend a lot of time flying/repainting aircraft for FSX. Purchased FS2011 on a whim and a few hours after the purchased, pre-ordered FS2013...........I'm hooked!

Cheers,
CasB

Post by CasB »

Hi, my name is CasB and I'm from the Netherlands. I have no job in farming (I'm a programmer), but I sincerely enjoy playing FS2013. I watched some videos on youtube and got hooked myself. It's just a sort of 'feelgood'-game to me. Planting, harvesting, getting some money and making plans on how to run your farm as efficient as possible.

I'm planning to do a let's play of this game in the near future and maybe more. ;)
Michael10

Post by Michael10 »

Hello farmers!

Im Michael and i am from Sweden.
I work as a retreader,been doin that for about 13 years.
I dont know much about farming at all but i got bitten of this game somehow.
Bootslacrosse

Post by Bootslacrosse »

Hi, I'm Carl from Minnesota, USA. 51 years old. I own and operate a computer repair shop. I enjoy gaming and bicycling.
I live in a farming community so FS2013 is right up my alley. Stop reading tis and grow sumthin.
krjatls

Post by krjatls »

Hi,
I'm Kris, 35 and living in Belgium. I'm a network security engineer (firewalls and such) and avid gamer. Games most played this year : Starcraft II, Football Manager 2012 and fs2013. Been playing fs2013 for about a month now and I've hardly played anything else since :-)
Zelkins

Post by Zelkins »

Hi all :)

I'm Zelkins, 14 years old from england. currently in school :(
been hooked on farming simulator since 2009 gold edition and have loved every minute of it

thanx happy farming :)
gotoone68

Post by gotoone68 »

Hi all. I am 43 years old and live in Tennessee, USA. I run a machine at work and grew up on the family farm. Love the game and have been playing since FS 2011.

Well back to the farm and cows to feed and such:)
tragicmick

Post by tragicmick »

Hi, I'm a monkey. The first monkey that can type. I live in a cage of "stainless" (lol) steel. I'm fed monkey food by people who pretend to care about me, as long as I'm in the cage. I know everyone's really against me. Farming Simulator gives me an opportunity to care about things even though it's not real.

Just kidding. I'm a person that lives in North Carolina, USA, Earth. I love this game. I used to write software, but I just don't care anymore. I should have been a farmer apparently.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Hey farmers,
I'm Neil, live in JHB South Africa, glad to see I am not the only one from SA here. I have been a gamer for as long as I can remember. I have played world of Warcraft for the last 5 years .

I grew up on farms for a fair bit of my life so have always wanted a decent to play a decent farming sim, I recently stumbled across this last week while on YouTube. Needles to say I had to get it and have been smiling since.

Cheers
T