crop storage

clw2147

crop storage

Post by clw2147 »

hello, i'm new to farming simulator and had a question about how long you can store crops after harvest. i read somewhere that if you store crops to long they will go bad but can't find any posts that say how long they can be stored.
CornetPlayer

Re: crop storage

Post by CornetPlayer »

That is a myth. From what we've seen, you can store forever.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

CornetPlayer wrote:That is a myth. From what we've seen, you can store forever.

thanks for clarifying that for me CornetPlayer
Nina

Post by Nina »

I have seen yo uaround enough to know I can trust your advice. sounds like I will actualy start storing crops for better prices.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

Nina wrote:
I have seen yo uaround enough to know I can trust your advice. sounds like I will actualy start storing crops for better prices.

ya, i'm going to store up my crops to sell during "great demands" only. if anything happens to my stored crops, i'll post it.
Yoda75

Post by Yoda75 »

I store all my crops, and ONLY sell at great demands. I've never lost any stored crops. Not a singel grain.

Right now, I have 650.000+l of both potatoes and sugar beet stored. 160.000l of canola, 140.000l of wheet and about 35.000l of Barley. Corn is now 0, cos I recently sold all due a great demand. :)

Now I'm sowing as much canola as possible. Think that would be the next great demand. ;)
Nina

Post by Nina »

if you manage to figure out a pattern to the great demands, even if it is only which ones will be next, please post it. dont care if you figure out WHERE they will be as long as you can find WHEN.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

There is no pattern, it's random. Well, as random as anything can be :).
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

odds are if your going to be planting soon and there is a great demand for a certain crop, just plant that crop because by the time you grow it and harvest it, odds are another great demand will be soon to follow
Gaming PC
KMVastro

Post by KMVastro »

Outside of the game, you can actually tell what the next three Great Demands will be by taking a peek at the economy.xml file in your save games folder. They are listed under the tag <greatDemands>. The value for "fillTypeIndex" indicates which crop it is.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

KMVastro wrote:Outside of the game, you can actually tell what the next three Great Demands will be by taking a peek at the economy.xml file in your save games folder. They are listed under the tag <greatDemands>. The value for "fillTypeIndex" indicates which crop it is.

ya, but doing that takes the fun out of it. i plant the same crop on all my fields, then just rotate what i plant each after each harvest. when i sell off a crop due to a great demand, i plant that crop the next time and continue the rotation from there