money mod cheating or not?

demoman

money mod cheating or not?

Post by demoman »

do any of you use the money mod? and do you think it's cheating to use it to get the stuff ya need for the farm rather then working to get what ya need? i have used the money mod and think it's kinda cool.
Top Soil

Re: money mod cheating or not?

Post by Top Soil »

I heard that "47 percent" of people use the money mod, and feel entitled getting what they want without working for it.

Pretty much takes the fun out of the game for me when you can simply give yourself whatever you want - although I have certainly altered these files a number of times when switching maps (like from German 2Rivers to English 2Rivers), or restarting on a new map to bring across a few decent vehicals. I reckon that I played hard mode, no cheats, until I had XYZ vehicals and animals - I've done the hard work learning the game. If I want to start a new map with a few decent tractors now after 200 hours of play, then that's ok. Note: I have altered files to REMOVE stuff as often as increase stuff - some of the map mods start you off with way too much.
demoman

Post by demoman »

oh ok. yeah i guess a real farmer would not start out with all that stuff. he has to bust his hump to get it. so i think i will remove the money mod.
ceebee501

Post by ceebee501 »

Not at all. Its up to you to play the game how you want to. I like it because that way I can start a large scale farm right from the get go, and a lot of mod maps don't start with many tractors or harvesting equipment. So I think its necessary because you cant get any thing with the default $6,000 you start with.
demoman

Post by demoman »

oh ok. well i do easy mode. and 12,000 just ain't going to cut it.
WearierJester

Post by WearierJester »

Simply put yes it's cheating. Work for it!
demoman

Post by demoman »

:blushnew: oh sorry. :lol: i will work for it. thanks guys.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

demoman wrote::blushnew: oh sorry. :lol: i will work for it. thanks guys.
Don't think of it as cheating, think of it as inheriting your rich uncles farming operation. Works for me *thumbsup*
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
demoman

Post by demoman »

:lol: there ya go. i think i will leave it as is. i bought 2 million in equipment. and 2 wind generators
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

Call it a coincidence, but whenever my funds become low, another rich uncles health takes a turn for the worse. Good thing I come from a large family :lol:
demoman

Post by demoman »

is it cause they get sick or they suddenly find them selfs in front of a run away tractor or combine? :lol: :lol: my rich uncle got run over by a combine. :lol:
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

I'll just say that the AI's can be hired for more than just farm chores :coolnew:
demoman

Post by demoman »

yeah ya have to watch the ai though they fall asleep and run over people. :lol:
tragicmick

Post by tragicmick »

You don't understand. Life doesn't work like you "think". Destroyed you should be.
demoman

Post by demoman »

@ tragicmick put a sock in it. im not going to start a pi** match with you so don't start any thing. all i did was ask a simple question. i don't need a smart mouth 10 year old starting stuff.