money mod cheating or not?

Nina

Re: money mod cheating or not?

Post by Nina »

pigpen wrote:in my books it is no different using a money mod than starting a map that already has everything(two rivers)
I like two rivers because it has a better scenery look to me. yes, you start with bigger tractors and more equipment. also NEED some of that because the fields are HUGE. in my opinion, I would rather start with ONE of those fields close to the farm, the harvester you get (because you need the storage inside of it) and then default starter gear after that. no sprayer, no FEL, no baler. and just one tractor. preferably the enclosed cab one you start with on default map. basicly start far closer to default style then you do with that map. especialy with the HUGE fields you get to start with.
mx11

Post by mx11 »

Hi,

i´ve released a mod named Bank of Hagenstedt to extend the standard ingame loan functionality.

You can Download this mod under http://forum.landwirtschafts-simulator. ... 92&t=50829

Yours,
MX11
LS 22 Mods:
Bank Management Modhub
Gebrauchte Hebebühnen Modhub
New Giants Island Modhub
LS 19 Mods:
Money Tool Modhub
LS 17 Mods:
Bank of Hagenstedt (https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017)
LS 15 Mods:
Bank of Hagenstedt (mod_id=10838)
isycz

Post by isycz »

Nina wrote:
pigpen wrote:in my books it is no different using a money mod than starting a map that already has everything(two rivers)
I like two rivers because it has a better scenery look to me. yes, you start with bigger tractors and more equipment. also NEED some of that because the fields are HUGE. in my opinion, I would rather start with ONE of those fields close to the farm, the harvester you get (because you need the storage inside of it) and then default starter gear after that. no sprayer, no FEL, no baler. and just one tractor. preferably the enclosed cab one you start with on default map. basicly start far closer to default style then you do with that map. especialy with the HUGE fields you get to start with.
You can easily customise start conditions. Edit careersave.xml in your saved game and give yourself lots of money. Go back to your game and sell everything you don't need, buy everything you want. Save game. Re-edit XML file to reduce your money to what you think is appropriate. Play-on. I have never used a money mod but I should think you can achieve the same with a mod if you don't feel comfortable editing an XML file.

From a financial point of view, one field is as good as ten until you can purchase equipment to harvest more than one field at the same time. Even then a single player is stretched with 2-3 fields (barring the use of inflated mods of course). This is a weakness of the game in my opinion and could be mitigated with a more advanced mission system. But that is an entirely different matter :biggrin2:
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

if you want to make huge amounts of money without a moneymod, download central kansas map. it looks more like california's central valley where i grew up than kansas. oh,nina when i wrote that post this is what i mean, on the two rivers map don't you get six fields to start with? i don"t know, the game won't load on my laptop.this is what i am saying if i use a money mod i get $1000000 i can buy 5 more fields and start with a little better equiptment. so that would make it equal to two rivers. if you want scenery get the springhill map it is beautiful, just won't make a lot of money with it.
Alienware PC.
isycz

Post by isycz »

pigpen wrote:if you want to make huge amounts of money without a moneymod, download central kansas map. it looks more like california's central valley where i grew up than kansas. oh,nina when i wrote that post this is what i mean, on the two rivers map don't you get six fields to start with? i don"t know, the game won't load on my laptop.this is what i am saying if i use a money mod i get $1000000 i can buy 5 more fields and start with a little better equiptment. so that would make it equal to two rivers. if you want scenery get the springhill map it is beautiful, just won't make a lot of money with it.
The number of fields you have makes little difference until you have equipment to harvest more than one field at a time. One or six fields in two-rivers (or any map) makes little difference to your ability to generate money, that is until you have more equipment. Harvest field and then speed time 120x. The small amount of time it takes to mature your field is barely enough time to mow some grass for a few sheep and/or cows.
mrsnobber

Post by mrsnobber »

The hole point of the game its to build a farm and making progress.

Monymod just ruins the game.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

if you use the moneymod to start a game and buy fields 14 and 15 and buy a new combine and seeder, the game can still be enjoyed because there is still a lot of things you can still buy. now if you keep hitting ctrl alt zero and buy everything on the game,the game loses all its appeal except to get on the forum and brag about how much money you have made.
Alienware PC.
Rickenbacker

Post by Rickenbacker »

Of course it's cheating, using external tools to break the game to your benefit. Whether that's an OK thing to do or not, is up to you. Personally I don't see the point - why play the game if you can just hit a magic button and get all the stuff you want?
demoman

Post by demoman »

actuly i have bought field 15 the hard way befor. what i did was do mowing jobs and stuff and got it that way. it's machinery and windmills that are really hard to get.
Nina

Post by Nina »

isycz wrote:
pigpen wrote:if you want to make huge amounts of money without a moneymod, download central kansas map. it looks more like california's central valley where i grew up than kansas. oh,nina when i wrote that post this is what i mean, on the two rivers map don't you get six fields to start with? i don"t know, the game won't load on my laptop.this is what i am saying if i use a money mod i get $1000000 i can buy 5 more fields and start with a little better equiptment. so that would make it equal to two rivers. if you want scenery get the springhill map it is beautiful, just won't make a lot of money with it.
The number of fields you have makes little difference until you have equipment to harvest more than one field at a time. One or six fields in two-rivers (or any map) makes little difference to your ability to generate money, that is until you have more equipment. Harvest field and then speed time 120x. The small amount of time it takes to mature your field is barely enough time to mow some grass for a few sheep and/or cows.
two rivers DOES have 7 owned fields at the start, 6 planted and ready to harvest. you start with some decent equipment and enough left in the loan that you can sell the starter tippers and get one tipper that is WAY better. you get a cultivating seeder and a fertalizer at the start. the fields are pretty big too. I can honestly harvest ALL my fields in one day or real time. if I plant the first field I harvest, then by the time I get the last one done, I am about half grown and if I mow and bale some grass and feed my livestock, I only have a tiny ammount of time before harvest time again. also, there are no missions or wither (want to change that and put wither back on) and at the same time, no great demand and permanant great demand. there are places taht ALWAYS have 125% price for things and places that have only 100% and one place that has 75% for everything. barley is 125% at the brewery 100% at the freight yard, and 75% at the farm market. canola is 125% at the oil mill, 100% at the freight yard, and 75% at the farm market. almost every crop is like that. and the cow farm is real close to your farm, and the sheep farm is just across the river from your farm. the BGA however is at teh other end of the map, so it is a lot more work to get that easy money from silage. much better map for farming. only thing is, I recomend playing on hard because the huge fields and supply in the silo will basicly have EVERYTHING bought in 2 or 3 full harvests.

TL:DR?
two rivers. 6 fields to harvest. good gear. great prices. wants you to farm instead of sell silage. everything close to the farm. PERFECT for hard mode. no missions or wither. enough time to harvest and replant EVERYTHING before it starts to regrow.
demoman

Post by demoman »

i have seen that map befor. i think i will DL it and try it out. thanks.
isycz

Post by isycz »

Nina wrote:I recomend playing on hard because the huge fields and supply in the silo will basicly have EVERYTHING bought in 2 or 3 full harvests.
While you are harvesting 7 fields real time for a day, I will harvest a single field ten times over in the same time and generate more money to boot. It is a fallacy that more and bigger fields equal more money. A longer field is helpful because less time is wasted turning at the end of rows. The only significant financial benefit from having more fields is when you can farm more than one field at the same time.
demoman

Post by demoman »

:smileynew: good point. i have downloaded the jansas map V2 so i will give it a try and see what happens.
wizard4278

Post by wizard4278 »

The Hagenstedt_v6 map comes with every field planted with no missions and no wither. Plus it has 2 Futterlagers.
Professional Wise-Ass ~ Purveyor of Sarcastic Humor ~ Part-Time Alcoholic
~If you think I'm bad here, you should see me on Facebook~
demoman

Post by demoman »

sorry for saying this but what the hell is a futterlager :lol: :lol: