money mod cheating or not?

Nina

Re: money mod cheating or not?

Post by Nina »

demoman wrote:sorry for saying this but what the hell is a futterlager :lol: :lol:
that mod gives you a storage shed for cow food. then you can use the self proppeled feeder to just *censored* up the stuff and mix it
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Just for the record, the ratios on the different sell locations on the 2rivers map are 1.2, 1.0, and 0.87.

I'm also a proponent of the several fields vs the one field many times approach - mainly because I do run at least 2 havesters are once, and often have the standard two going while I drive beside the forage harvester as the third. I can't really get more than 3 going at once due to need to haul full tippers back to unload, manage the sowers so planting is nearly done by the time harvesting is done, etc.

It doesn't take me all day real time tho, for a massive acreage on this map it takes me about 3-4 hours to harvest, another hour or so to fiddle with the remnants of sowing and picking up straw, a couple hours of mowing and feeding a huge herd, and another 1.5 hrs to get the Lizard to unload two silos of silage. All up, maybe 8 hours of play nets a million bucks on hard mode.
isycz

Post by isycz »

Top Soil wrote:I'm also a proponent of the several fields vs the one field many times approach - mainly because I do run at least 2 havesters are once, and often have the standard two .
I have emphasised the financial aspects of farming a single field and more importantly I have qualified this with starting conditions where, in general, you have only a single harvester – in other words you cannot harvest more than one field at the same time.

On two-rivers, farming the field with the pylon, on hard level, I will generate 45-50k profit every 30-35 minutes. This is with a single harvester, 100 sheep, 30 cows and three hives. Two fields (and two harvesters) would easily exceed 1 million for 8 hours play. If I opted to dabble in Bio, my income would be much higher for the same investment of time.

However, and for the record, I have no issues with the financial aspect of the game no matter what style of play is adopted. In my own games, I will vary play from no fields to lots of fields. I am not a proponent of any particular style of play.
demoman

Post by demoman »

yes but see my problem is im by my self on the farm with 1 harvester and 2 tractors. what i need to do i think is start looking for some one that would be interrested in helping run the farm. i know this will sounds strange but i need to make a freind on here to make that work.
isycz

Post by isycz »

demoman wrote:yes but see my problem is im by my self on the farm with 1 harvester and 2 tractors. what i need to do i think is start looking for some one that would be interrested in helping run the farm. i know this will sounds strange but i need to make a freind on here to make that work.
http://forum.farming-simulator.com/viewforum.php?f=778
demoman

Post by demoman »

thanks.
Nina

Post by Nina »

I find that I can load up three or four fields at the same time, harvest them one by one with only the starting equipment on two rivers except for the tippers. I swap those out. and I can have fields maturing while I harvest other fields or while I am setting things up for livestock. why waste the time with time compression when I can just bounce to my next field and get THAT one ready and harvested and such. I can just keep moving. and it if takes 10 min to harvest $1000 from a field (just made up numbers here) and then you have to wait 10 min for time compression to get that field ready to harvest again... why not just harvest a few more fields for 1k each before oyu do time compression? also, while you are harvesting the other fields, the first one will be growing still.. you may only need to time compression for 3 min or so to get it ripe rather then for 10 min. also, if ONE field gets you the same as three harvests of your time compression field... then why get three harvests with down time to grow it when you can just harvest just as much in ONE shot as you would otherwise and sell it all at once. I know I can run one tractor to follow the harvester on every other pass, and between runs with it I run another tractor that has a modified baler that has a hitch on the back for the autostacker. so harvester goes up with tipper tractor beside it. I get far enough down the field for the harvester to make it all the way back and start going this direction again without filling up, and I turn the tipper around and go back to the start to wait. next I swap to the baler and make one trip up and back, collecting two of the rows dumped by the harvester. by that time the harvester is ALMOST back. so I swap back to the tipper and wait a moment and empty the harvester again as it drives. if I realy want to I can just swap between tipper and bale setup with ONE tractor while the other tractor (the FEL you start with in this map) is busy seeding. after the field is done I get the harvester off the field and the header back on the trailer and hooked up for transport. then get the tipper off the field and finish up the baler and get it off the field. if there isn a tractor doing it already I start one seeding and go move everything and sell my tipper load. if I had one tractor seeding while the other was pulling double duty, then I just move everything to the next field and refuel everything while I wait for the seeder to finish. I run quite well with multiple fields, or even one MASSIVE field that I subdevide into smaller fields so I can run multiple differant crops at once. I tried multiple fields and I have tried one field with compression... one field turns into a grind FAST. multiple fields allows you to make it a little differant. especialy if you rotate your crops as you go.
demoman

Post by demoman »

oh ok. well maybe when i get some money saved up i'll hire some ai's to help out.
isycz

Post by isycz »

Nina wrote:I find that I can load up three or four fields
The premise that bigger and more fields make more money is false.
The premise that it is hard to make money on the standard map (or any other map) at any difficulty level with "crappy" gear is also false.

BTW, you forgot about fertilising :lol:

.. oh, and don't forget about pressure washing too :biggrin2:
demoman

Post by demoman »

:lol: true. but whats the point of busting your ar** off working on this game upgrading the equipment? your doing the same thing just better equipment. would be the same crops and stuff. thats why i retired farming simulator 2011. i did every thing there was to do it was just better equipment. idk i think it's time to give up farming sims. :confusednew:
isycz

Post by isycz »

demoman wrote::lol: true. but whats the point of busting your ar** off working on this game upgrading the equipment? your doing the same thing just better equipment. would be the same crops and stuff. thats why i retired farming simulator 2011. i did every thing there was to do it was just better equipment. idk i think it's time to give up farming sims. :confusednew:
This game is little different from most other games in this respect. The main weakness of this game in my opinion is single player mode. There is little benefit in developing your farm beyond a couple of fields. Sure it mixes things up a little but once you have farmed a wheat (or whatever) crop for the millionth time, it gets a bit stale. I know it is a simulator but for longevity of the game it needs a bit more challenge and reward.
demoman

Post by demoman »

right and i think for me it's gotten to stale. even mods don't help it no more.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Stale for me too, but that's after hundreds of hours of play. I may have chosen the wrong words earlier in saying I'm a "proponent" of one approach v. another. Perhaps better to say that I prefer having multiple fields vs. just one or two -- it has allowed me to mix things up a bit and maintain interest for longer as opposed to a focused one field approach to maximise income per played hour.

I would find it quite challenging to do a significant herd of cattle with just a couple fields and lots of time compression - cows eat the same per game day not per played hour under compression. Same with all the baling that used to go into feed mixing - it's something a little bit different. Biogas is similar, and the different equipment that goes with that - just a little different than doing a grain harvester/tipper run for the millionth time.

Now I'm down to just forum posting for interest - I haven't been able to motivate myself to boot up the game for two days - unless I restart on a totally new map (again), I can't be bothered to do all that work just to gain money I can't do anything with since I own all the best equipment. I did enjoy working for the equipment, rather than just giving it to myself, however - and got many many hours of enjoyment from the game.

Booktopia says they shipped the final book in the wheel of time series :)
isycz

Post by isycz »

The game, despite its simplicity and repetitive nature is strangely addictive. The "focused one field approach" was simply to prove a point and to add variety. Previously I was playing multiple fields barring myself from compressing time.

The game is not really designed for large dairy operations so I retired my 2000 cow game. Not that it was not possible to maintain 5000+ cows, just that operations like silage production and baling were a little too much. I don't mind repetition but spending hours digging silage out of a pit and putting it into tiny mixer was stretching things somewhat. I ended up modding my baler so it made 100k size bales, the digger with a 100k capacity and mixer with 500k capacity. But even then I saw little point when I could harvest a single field and generate similar incomes.

Now I amuse myself with silly personal challenges. You say you can make a million bucks in 8 hours. How about 2 million? Can I? without taking too many liberties. Maybe. With two harvesters on my field I have cut a 30 minute cycle down to 20 minutes. Anyway, It'll amuse me until the next game comes along, Sim City 5, Heart of The Swarm, blah, blah.
Top Soil

Post by Top Soil »

Same here, mate. Good on ya. I am trying to figure out a way to enjoy it again - it's quite a good game, given the limitations you aptly describe (simplicity/repetitive).