Finding Mods Folder on a MacBook

Peabo69

Finding Mods Folder on a MacBook

Post by Peabo69 »

Im using a MacBook and I still can't find my mods folder or any folder for that matter.Ive read a post in here about holding the shift key and and and the letter G at the same time.But to no avail that's still not working.I downloaded my game from the App Store.Can someone please help me resolve this matter......
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Finding Mods Folder on a MacBook

Post by bassaddict »

Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

I've tried to go to the Finder window and look under library and there's still no farmingsimulator2013 folder.Where else can I look?
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Post by böserlöwe »

Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

Yes I have still no luck
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hi,

the easiest way to find the folder containig the "mods" folder for the Mac App Store version of LS13 is is by doing the following:
- on the Mac OS X desktop (Finder) select "Go to Folder..." from the "Go" menu (or press the keys "shift" (the one with the up arrow), "cmd" (next to the space bar) and "G" together)
- in the box that appears (titled "Go to the folder:" in the English Version of Mac OS X) enter the following exactly as shown:

Code: Select all

~/Library/Containers/com.focus-home.farmingsim2013/Data/Library/Application\ Support/FarmingSimulator2013
- this will open a new Window showing the contents of the "FarmingSimulator2013" folder that also contains the "mods" folder in which you have to copy the mods so that they are recognized by the game

To make sure you find the folder again later, I would suggest to put an alias to the "FarmingSimulator2013" in the sidebar of the Finer windows.

Regards,
don_apple
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

ok Don thanks im gonna try this now im gonna copy it and paste it to see
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

I just tried that and it still didnt work im using mac os x and i purchased the game from the app store im getting really frustrated

don_apple wrote:Hi,

the easiest way to find the folder containig the "mods" folder for the Mac App Store version of LS13 is is by doing the following:
- on the Mac OS X desktop (Finder) select "Go to Folder..." from the "Go" menu (or press the keys "shift" (the one with the up arrow), "cmd" (next to the space bar) and "G" together)
- in the box that appears (titled "Go to the folder:" in the English Version of Mac OS X) enter the following exactly as shown:

~/Library/Containers/com.focus-home.farmingsim2013/Data/Library/Application\ Support/FarmingSimulator2013
- this will open a new Window showing the contents of the "FarmingSimulator2013" folder that also contains the "mods" folder in which you have to copy the mods so that they are recognized by the game

To make sure you find the folder again later, I would suggest to put an alias to the "FarmingSimulator2013" in the sidebar of the Finer windows.

Regards,
don_apple
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

It keeps saying

The folder can't be found
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hi,

what happens if you try to go to

~/Library/
Do you see a folder "Containers" there?

Regards,
don_apple
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

It takes me to the library but theres not a farming simulator 2013 folder there.......Thats the problem for some reason that folder is still hidden somewhere i hate to be such a nuissance but im just new to gaming and mods stuff
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

do i need to make my own mod folder?
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

You did start the game at least one time, did you? Because then your mods folder is created (together with the whole FarmingSimulator2013 folder).
Peabo69

Post by Peabo69 »

Yes I have started the game and I've been playing.Ive also saved my games.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hi,
Peabo69 wrote:It takes me to the library but theres not a farming simulator 2013 folder there.......Thats the problem for some reason that folder is still hidden somewhere i hate to be such a nuissance but im just new to gaming and mods stuff
The "FarmingSimulator2013" folder is not located directly in the (hidden) "Library" folder in you user home folder, but in another sub-folder.

As I have asked before: Do you see a "Containers" folder in the "Library" folder that is opened when you do the "Go to Folder ..." thing?

If yes, please open that folder and then you should see a "com.focus-home.farmingsim2013" folder. If you open that "com.focus-home.farmingsim2013" folder you should see a "Data" folder and inside that another "Library" folder, and inside that the "Application Support" folder containing the "FarmingSimulator2013" folder.

Regards,
don_apple