downloaded mods screw up original Hagen map??

prjindigo

downloaded mods screw up original Hagen map??

Post by prjindigo »

From time to time when I download a mod it screws up Hagenstedt and shoves all my save games into pointless backups. Most recent was "small farm" from fs-uk

Would really like to know how to track down what is causing this!

(just discovered that this "gold standard" addon conflicts with OEM 1.0 content.)

Still having the problem with conveyor belts etc
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: downloaded mods screw up original Hagen map??

Post by bassaddict »

Check your LOG file, it will tell you what the problem is or where to look for it.
prjindigo

Post by prjindigo »

really useful... thanks.
not a^t all

Since the program autoresolves the issue simply by not loading the hagen.... i'm not seeing any info in log
herrman

Post by herrman »

Well, when you're sick and go to the doctor, you try to answer to what the doctor asks you, don't you ?

Do you need to find out a medical encyclopedia what's your problem? Or explain your symptoms to the doctor and make him do his works?

And if he sends you for an examination, do you have to understand what's the problem or go back to him with the results?

If Bassaddict asks you to look at the log, and you don't see problems, simply copy it to your reply and let who knows more than you to do his duty, without unuseful posts and complaining.
If you don't think so, go to the pub and have a couple of beers. Then go to another and same thing. The problem won't be solved, but you will feel happier :mrgreen:
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Bob Tekkit

Post by Bob Tekkit »

herrman wrote:Well, when you're sick and go to the doctor, you try to answer to what the doctor asks you, don't you ?

Do you need to find out a medical encyclopedia what's your problem? Or explain your symptoms to the doctor and make him do his works?

And if he sends you for an examination, do you have to understand what's the problem or go back to him with the results?

If Bassaddict asks you to look at the log, and you don't see problems, simply copy it to your reply and let who knows more than you to do his duty, without unuseful posts and complaining.
If you don't think so, go to the pub and have a couple of beers. Then go to another and same thing. The problem won't be solved, but you will feel happier :mrgreen:
I love the way you phrased this herman, personally I would have said "stop bitching and whining like an old woman and copy/paste your log.txt to a spoiler here so we can sort out your problems for you!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Peace,

Bob T.

sfy

Post by sfy »

see, i was hoping Capt. would see it and post something funny yet informative, knowing that dingo doesn't like him.

dingo, prjindigo whatever his name is
Bor Sponge

Post by Bor Sponge »

Could be Django!

Well put BT!
Have you sorted out your foreman?
I sacked mine as he deleted my game!
So I've started again :/

I'm thinking of using this giants editor, is it easy to use?

Cheers.
Bob Tekkit

Post by Bob Tekkit »

I'm thinking of using this giants editor, is it easy to use?
Errm is driving a 40 tonne truck easy to do? It is if you know what you're doing of course.

I have a lot of experience of 3D editors so I picked it up very easily, I would say jump right in and give it a go because if you make a mess of it you can simply exit the software without saving your changes. The basic controls are [alt] plus the three mouse buttons. For example holding down [alt] and the left mouse button will pan you around the scene while [alt] and right mouse button will zoom you in and out. The middle mouse button does something as well but I just woke up and can't remember what it is so you will have to experiment! :lol:

Yes, it's 14:00 and I've only just got out of bed but I was up all night working on a music video for a client and didn't get to bed until after my daughter had gone to school at 08:30 this morning so I do have a good excuse. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peace,

Bob T.

prjindigo

Post by prjindigo »

found the problem

IT WASN'T IN THE LOG FILE lol

if you drop folders with content for implantation into maps into the /mod/ folder sometimes it can corrupt the cache files the game uses (and forgets to delete between loads)

Solution seems to be to copy the entire contents of the /mod/ out then run the game
Bob Tekkit

Post by Bob Tekkit »

prjindigo wrote:found the problem

IT WASN'T IN THE LOG FILE lol

if you drop folders with content for implantation into maps into the /mod/ folder sometimes it can corrupt the cache files the game uses (and forgets to delete between loads)

Solution seems to be to copy the entire contents of the /mod/ out then run the game
That makes sense,

Not at all!!
Peace,

Bob T.

herrman

Post by herrman »

"folder with content for implantation into maps"

If some1 understood this and can spend some minutes explaning it to me, I would be veeeery grateful.

@bob: ...so they ban me due 2 too much aggressiveness...

And then remember: if you call donkey a donkey, and he's really a donkey, maybe he gets angry because he doesn't understand being a donkey...
Guy, if you're gonna ask for help remember that we're not beside you in front of your screen. So, please, help us helping you by giving us some details such as log.txt, hardware details...

And remember, this is a forum. It is different from Twitter. Here you can, no, you MUST use more than 150 digits to explain your thoughts

Thanks
Bob Tekkit

Post by Bob Tekkit »

If a fool is ignorant to the fact he is a fool does that make him a wise man?

Being banned for 2 much aggressiveness? That's a bit harsh (aggressive) isn't it? I guess we all must be donkeys and not notice the wise men then! :hi:
Peace,

Bob T.

prjindigo

Post by prjindigo »

... they can ban you for being too stupid, they just can't TELL you that... so its your aggression issues, k? </sarc>

if you put folders containing content for inclusion into maps of mods from within GE into the /mod/ folder, it will load the data and get confused.
If your game is confused and you move all the folders in the /mod/ folder out to another folder then load and unload the game, it unconfuses it.
(this is same procedure in Sims 2/3)