Re: [LS13] Dedicated Server Version - Feedback-Thread

Post by Flojoe7 »

10GB so viel Mods

kann das LS13 überhaupt vertragen
Endlich vorbei mit den Kindergarten sc**** Neid in der LS Szene
Haagele

Post by Haagele »

also wenn das kein Schreibfehler ist, dann beinhalten die 0,6 GB (von den insgesamgt 10GB möglichen) nicht nur die mods, denn die mods haben nur 0,06 GB... folglich beinhalten die 10 GB noch viele andere Daten...
ist zumindest meine Vermutung
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Die 0.6GB wird wohl ein Rundungsfehler sein.
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Die Quota kann der Admin selber wählen. Es können auch 100 GB sein, solange genug Festplatten Platz vorhanden ist. Es ist das Total aller Mods die auf dem Server gespeichert sein können, davon werden aber nur die im Spiel geladen, welche auf "Aktiv" gesetzt sind.

Die Quota ist für den Admin grundsätzlich dazu da eine Limit zu setzen, damit die User welche "Mod Upload"-Rechte besitzen nicht die ganze Festplatte füllen können. ;)
Einherjar

Post by Einherjar »

3 words; Rock 'n Roll.

It seems like you guys are working fulltime on the dedicated server software. it looks awesome. I say keep on rockin and keep doing what you do best. *thumbsup*
sfy

Post by sfy »

how about remembering those of us who do NOT speak german, but still have money to pitch in for DLC, server licenses and such things?
is our money not good? do we not deserve to get this update as well?
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

sfy wrote:how about remembering those of us who do NOT speak german, but still have money to pitch in for DLC, server licenses and such things?
is our money not good? do we not deserve to get this update as well?
Well said m8, thumbs up from me! *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*

Seems to me the "EN" version has been dumped and everyone needs to speak German just to follow what is happening. Doesn't seem good business sense or make for a comfortable community to me. :hmm:

EDIT I wanted to host a public server myself but haven't got a clue what is going on at all.
Haagele

Post by Haagele »

Here are the updates: http://forum.landwirtschafts-simulator. ... 25&t=55439

and you don´t have to speak german...
tobsel88

Post by tobsel88 »

Wie währe es mit nem Multi-Upload für Mods? Dann kann man gleich alles auswählen und muss nicht immer alles einzeln auswählen. Auch der Hashwert währe nicht schlecht.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Haagele wrote:Here are the updates: http://forum.landwirtschafts-simulator. ... 25&t=55439

and you don´t have to speak german...
Thank you for your help but what I really wanted was the English feedback thread. I clicked the correct link in the update thread and here is where I landed. Unfortunately, and I definitely don't wish to cause any Anglo-Germanic conflict when I say this, everyone here is writing in German which I am embarrassed to admit I don't understand.
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Doesn't matter if you write in this thread in english or german. Those responsible understand both, so they can handle the criticism and suggestions.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

bassaddict wrote:Doesn't matter if you write in this thread in english or german. Those responsible understand both, so they can handle the criticism and suggestions.
I do appreciate this Bassadict but I would like to know what others are saying as I don't want to repeat what has already been said, plus I would like to know how others feel about the outcome of questions and suggestions etc.

Again, I want to stress that I am not looking for any conflict AT ALL. I merely wish to be a part of this great idea (dedicated server software). As I mentioned earlier, I am in a position to host a smaller sized server, running 24/7 for around 10 players possibly, and would like to be kept up to date with all the developments and the feedback to them. I also understand that it is my fault that I can't follow what is being said due to my lack of German knowledge.

I guess I will just have to wait for the updates and see how the software goes before I make my decision but I did want to have a server available almost as soon as the software was released for sale.

Peace,
Bob.
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Hey all

I keep the updates in German and English, however since the forum is used by both player-bases the questions and discussions by users can be in either language. Some may not speak English but only German and vice versa.

However I will put answers in both languages in the future. Also feel free to make suggestions or ask in English as well. We can respond in both and some users may just translate an answer if it has come up in German before to keep you in the loop.

As for the above response, the question was asked what the "Quota" was about, here's my answer in English:

"The Quota (Limit) can be chosen by the Admin. It can be set to anything, even 100 GB or more, as long as there is enough HD space on the server. It is the total of all mods that can be stored on the server, however of those mods only the ones set to "active" are actually used in the game.

The Quota is mainly used by the Admin to limit the hard disk space that users with "mod-upload-rights"can fill up with mods, in order to avoid the disk being filled to the brim with mods and not having free space left for the Admin where he stores other data. "

Best

Marc
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Hi Marc,

I really appreciate this as I have tried Google Translate but I'm sure it doesn't understand either and just makes things up to look good :smileynew: and generally just confuses me more!

Thank you for your time and effort in this and lets hope this server software is a great success, I for one am looking forward to it's release.

Peace,
Bob.