My vision to the game

Pipas13

My vision to the game

Post by Pipas13 »

This post is not to criticize in a negative way the game, fell free to reply with your opinion of the suggestions and make more mods with my ideas ( i don't have any skills to do mods). My goal is to improve the game with my ideas creating a healthy discussion among the community.
Please do some more languages in the game like Portuguese, Chinese, Russian etc.
If possible all Mods should be in English so the game automatically translate for other languages.
Pros and con about the game:
the game have great graphics, a very good playability and a very realistic way to work with some machines but the land could be more realistic just like the cultures.
by some time with playing this game like 100 hours in career i was bored to play it because i already had the most expensive fields and machines ( i don't play with cheats) so there is a lack of strategy and objectives in the game.
to solve this issues and already knowing that the game have a huge potential the following ideas will try to solve most of the negative things about the game.

Objects, seeds, animals:
there are many posts about this issues so i will not extend this part.
More seeds such as cotton, vines, sorghum oatmeal, tomatoes, olives, apples, strawberries, corktree, rice, and so on.(new cultures in groups trees, cereals and vegetables seeds)
Different types of soils , good or bad to some cultures.
Possibility to make wood from some trees.
More animals (cows, sheep, chickens (already in game) , pigs, black pigs, and goats)
Pigs will give liquid manure and cows just the manure
Goats and sheep could be able to give milk for cheese.
Pigs will be sold for meat (sausages, prosciutto and spicy sausage)
Pigs, cows and chickens will be able to reproduce it self's , will need a nursery
Possibility to buy or make chemical ration to the animals.
Different prices for the quality of the products.

Placeable objects and existing objects:
it would be interesting to replace some objects without selling them and buy it again to put in other location.
the farm can have upgrades, in silos, hennery, byre, pigpen, cattle shed and so on.
Upgrades in Silos for the max tons that each one can have, byre will start with hand milking all the way to auto milking (and the capacity of the deposit to have milk), and the space that the animals use could be upgraded to have more units/space as well as liquid manure deposit, manure deposit , feeders and drinkers.
Upgrades in liquid manure deposit initially with hand work to fill the spreaders and last with auto fill.
Upgrades in manure to auto fill the manure spreaders with a treadmill.
Upgrades on haystack to have more space and have different way to arrange the bales, with or without auto pilling and auto deposit.
Upgrade drinkers and feeders with systems that allow to refill automatically (we will need to fill the implement first)

Hire workers
I would like to hire more workers to do some functions such as feeding animals or pick up bales, take the filled trailer and clear it out in a chosen location (silos or other places).
Coordinated work to plow, sow etc.
See myself as i walk, for example when we pick up eggs as well as create my own character.

Machines, fertilizers, fields and prices

More realistic Prices in different currencies such as Euros and dollars, in the machines and in the products.
build super machines that does not exist like seeders with 50 m etc with an astronomic price.
Machines need maintenance such as new tires (old tires makes the machines to get stuck in the fields) or need to change oil.
More info about the horsepower needed to work with some machines and the weight needed.
More info about prices (eggs, milk, straw bales etc)
More info in the fields ( %fertilized, %seeded, %completed, % irrigated, %of the production lost when ready to harvest finished)
The need to irrigate the fields depending on the culture that is in that field.
Different quality of the products if you do it biologically, or if you spread manure or other fertilizer. (biological products had less production but with a higher price with more quality)
Different results if we fertilize with manure, liquid manure or chemical fertilizers.

Multiplayer

Massive changes are needed in this game type, in my opinion players should be distributed by random regions.
Players will evolve in levels until level 100 and can buy land near their own farm (2 or more players will be bit to buy the same spot)
Each player start with a single farm and with some fields and in the first levels only can use old machines, when they reach level 10 they will be able to use more modern technologies and in the final level all the technologies will be unlocked. (this can also be used in a new type of career mod)
To create strategy and some competitively there would be 10 major farming associations that a player can choose to enter.
This associations will guarantee the products needed to the national or international market and the player will need to give to the association every goods they need.
There will be factories (milk, cheese, meat, vegetables and derived from pork like sausages prosciutto and spicy sausage, wood and all the other that I already spoke about) that initially are owned by the government and with time those associations can buy for 2.000.000.000€/$ or more, giving them the monopoly of that product.
The seasons will end when 1 association have 50% of the monopoly in the national or international market.

I hope you use some of my ideas in the future, please feel free to comment.

Best regards
Pipas13
sfy

Re: My vision to the game

Post by sfy »

with the game well over a year old, and with the 2015 version already confirmed, odds are they are much more focused on building 2015 than trying to make anymore improvements to the 2013 version. we may possibly see another DLC pack (or we may not) but i can't imagine them spending time and money on what is now an "old game" for them.
Pipas13

Post by Pipas13 »

sfy wrote:with the game well over a year old, and with the 2015 version already confirmed, odds are they are much more focused on building 2015 than trying to make anymore improvements to the 2013 version. we may possibly see another DLC pack (or we may not) but i can't imagine them spending time and money on what is now an "old game" for them.

I totally agree with you, but these ideas can be used on Farming simulator 2015, its my vision to the game the ideas can be used in any DLC to any version the objective was to discuss the ideas, if they are good to implement or they will change to much the game.

best regards

Pipas13
Kriss

Post by Kriss »

A lot of good ideas there, some a bit fanciful i feel but as FS15 has been announced I'd expect the work has already begun and any suggestions made now would be for the next release after that (hoping there'll be one)

Just a word on new language editions, I know it sounds a relatively simple job to bring it out in a new language but it is horrendously expensive and they'll only commit to it if very big sales in that language are guaranteed, which isn't an easy call to make.

Having received FS13 as a surprise Xmas present from my grandaughter I have to say it's a pleasant change especially as I doubt I'd have discovered it for myself.

I'm enjoying it a lot but one initial criticism I have is that there seems to be a huge amount of grinding because a couple of things like spraying and delivery from harvester to silo can't be automated.

Early days for me though.
sfy

Post by sfy »

Kriss, which version of the game are you playing on?
Kriss

Post by Kriss »

sfy wrote:Kriss, which version of the game are you playing on?
PC version.
sfy

Post by sfy »

check out Courseplay. you can set up all kinds of different things to have your hired hands accomplish.
http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/
Kriss

Post by Kriss »

Thanks muchly sfy, when is a game no longer a game ? lol :biggrin2: seems I've found another "vocation.
jshoe

Post by jshoe »

There should try and add a crop like green peas and green pea combines. Oxbo makes pea harvesters in the u.s. I work for a company that harvest peas. I think it would add depth and new challenges to the game and a hole new market. U can start with peas and move to corn, carrots, potatoes. U can set up a cannery to sell it to and freezer plant like I work for.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Most of the "new" crops that have been mentioned here are already available to PC users on mod maps, also much of what you wrote is available as well. I would seriously check out the mod sites, I think you would find yourself in farming heaven.
Fauztran

Post by Fauztran »

So, FS2015 is already confirmed? That's good news if it's true. I hope they add a whole lot more. I found going from FS2011 to FS2013 there wasn't much "new" in gameplay. It was an improvement though. Especially in field handling.
Whoa! They come with back hoes?!
Started playing since FS2011. Now Playing FS19 on and off.
I play as "Fauz" or " Papa" in Multiplayer
STEAM Id: Fauztran
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

I have (retro) played FS2011 and to be honest with you, although I prefer FS2013, I don't know as I found that much of an improvement so I'm worried that FS2015 will be a waste of time. Giants have, in the past, put out DLC's that were supposed to be "awesome" but the quality and/or additions to the game just weren't there, hence, my fears of buying the new version when it becomes available.

What are your thoughts?

Bob. :hi:
mik1190

Post by mik1190 »

A link to the FS2015 confirm?
A lot of good ideas (i repeat),i hope some devs read here sometimes but i disagree with "great graphics", they where great for the standard of more than 5 years ago(not that i didn't enjoy the game)...

Objects, seeds, animals: i agree with everything; maybe they can do something like themed dlc/expansions (becouse i don't think they work for free :) ): one for wood cutting with all the machinery, one for rice maybe, another for olives and so on, with a reasonable price, of course.

Placeable objects and existing objects: upgrades is a very good idea, there will be much more playability. Another thing can be the ability (doing an example with the olives, but can be extended to everything) to sell olives or with the right machines olive wood in excess or buy and expand an oil mill to sell oil.

Hire workers: right now that system is very limited, i'm hoping in future the the AI will be much more intelligent, where at example i can order from a control panel: worker A go to field B and do task1, task2,etc, automagically (and without any kind of bug).

Machines, fertilizers, fields and prices: don't agree much with "super machines that don't exist"...

I use Steam: i didn't understand how savegames were working and i lost a lot of hours after having to format the hdd (and no backup)...should be nice to have something like multiple online slot saving, as in Civilization 5.

And about graphics and physics, i think something similar to SpinTires (another one talked about it in this forum) would be nice as target for FS2015.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Giants won't improve the graphics and/or physics very much because, if you think about it, they want as many people as possible to play the game (more sales, they are a business after all) so that means keeping the system requirements as low as possible, even down to the steering wheels not being round because it uses to many polygons! The terrain on spin tyres would be awesome but don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen because, again, it is so resource hungry.
The things you mentioned about the AI is available through the Course-play mod and there is also a forestry mod in the process of being finalized. I do agree with you about the new "fruits" though, there is nothing stopping Giants from putting out a DLC (or even making it part of the 2015 base game) that gives us lots of new growing opportunities. More equipment/new brands is also a great idea and I do know a lot of people would love to see John Deere equipment in game. The problem with that brand is that JD brought out there own farming game (which was terrible and an absolute flop!) and have so far refused Giants a license to use their name.

Bob. :hi:

PS. I don't have a link to the 2015 confirmation, but history shows us that they release a new PC game one year and the next they release a version for mobiles/tablets etc. I'm not sure how the introduction of the console version will effect that so we'll have to wait and see.
Higgings

Post by Higgings »

Regarding the brands.
Since they now have Case, they should be able to get acces to Steyr and NewHolland aswell, they are after all own by NewHollad all of them.
That could give acces to some old Ford, IH and Fiat from 1950-1980.
I am affraid Bob is right, it is all so a mather of keeping exspences low makeing a game, and then sell it high :D