Converting from Farm sim

Totenfarmer

Converting from Farm sim

Post by Totenfarmer »

Hi, hope someone can help me out since I can`t find anything searching google.
It seems as SRS is dying, meaning there will be no new versions, alongside farming simulator I really enjoy this game and I want mine to stay alive as long as possible, so what I was wondering was how to convert mods like buildings and objects from either fs11 and/or fs13 to SRS, DonChris already got some pretty good machinery, so all I need is a tutorial on how to convert, as stated, buildings and objects. Please help ? :-|
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Converting from Farm sim

Post by bassaddict »

Buildings/objects without shader and scripts don't need any conversion. Except if it's an object from FS11 without DDS textures, then you should convert the textures.
Objects with shader from FS11 should be no problem, from FS13 would require an existing, older version of the shader with exact the same functionality. So could be difficult.
Objects with scripts require scripting knowledge to convert.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Ah, thank you Bassaddict, this makes things a lot easier, and opens up a whole new world :D

Another question though, instead of trying and then mess up a map: The terrain angle detail mod from fs-uk, would it work, to get more angles for the groomer ?
If so, which part actually does this, the LUA-lines you put in or the changes in the i3D, or both ?
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

bassaddict wrote:Buildings/objects without shader and scripts don't need any conversion. Except if it's an object from FS11 without DDS textures, then you should convert the textures.
Objects with shader from FS11 should be no problem, from FS13 would require an existing, older version of the shader with exact the same functionality. So could be difficult.
Objects with scripts require scripting knowledge to convert.
Sorry, I forgot to quote, please take a look at my last post :)
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

No need to quote, since there's nothing else in this topic. The reference of the post is also clear without quoting ;)

SRS does have more angles by default. Don't know if that mod works for SRS if you still want more angles. You could try it though.
Totenfarmer

Post by Totenfarmer »

Can we keep this topic going for more questions to, if it`s ok to ask a bit off-topic to, there`s not really anywhere else to ask for and to get help, I`m also building a map, so I have some ideas that I`m wondering if is possible ?

Any way, questions about machinery again, I get an error message from all the mods I am using, stating it "can not load resource $dataS2/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua"

This is how the line looks in almost all the mods:

<vehicleTypes>
<type name="xxxxxx" className="Vehicle" filename="$dataS2/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua">

I also get an OpenAL error, this seemed to be a common problem with SRS, like other encountering this, I also have OpenAL installed, the latest version, and I also have the latest sound drivers, the error message looks like this: "AL: error ... Invalid Value Error: Creating Sound buffer (OpenAL)", was there ever found a solution for this ?
Could a "workaround" be e.g using mono sounds like in FS13, as in importing the sounds to Audacity and splitting them, or will this ruin the sounds and the fading sounds effect ?
bassaddict

Post by bassaddict »

Shouldn't it be $dataS, without the 2?

I think you can ignore the sound error. I've seen that one several times, always on MacOS, even without any mods. And it doesn't seem to affect gameplay.