G27 steerwheel

Frontline_Gamer

G27 steerwheel

Post by Frontline_Gamer »

Hey all,
i have a problem with "Forward/reverse keybind" when i use the forward keybind it keybinds also directly to reverse, therefore
i can only move forward with the gas pedal. The only thing to reverse is: "by using the keyboard". The clutch isnt working for reverse.
Plus some buttons on my steer wheel or joystick doesnt seem to work either.
Steer wheel not seem to be very responsive. It's almost like driving an old car without power steering, and it's a real struggle to move with the wheel.

Is the g27 steering wheel compatible with farming simulator 2015?

Dear regards Frontline_Gamer.
ghashpl

Re: G27 steerwheel

Post by ghashpl »

have you tried this: http://www.farming-simulator.com/faq.php
(steering wheel section -> combined axis)
Frontline_Gamer

Post by Frontline_Gamer »

Thank you for replying :) but still having the same problem :(
saundersbro1007

Post by saundersbro1007 »

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Please if you find out how to fix it, let me know!!
sfy

Post by sfy »

you can map Reverse to whatever key you want too. maybe try using one of the wheels paddles, see how that works for you.

the clutch pedal will not work, never did in 2013 either. i always map reverse to the brake pedal knowing that when i let off the gas the brakes activate automatically in the game
Noobly

Post by Noobly »

Frontline_Gamer wrote:Hey all,
i have a problem with "Forward/reverse keybind" when i use the forward keybind it keybinds also directly to reverse, therefore
i can only move forward with the gas pedal. The only thing to reverse is: "by using the keyboard". The clutch isnt working for reverse.
Plus some buttons on my steer wheel or joystick doesn't seem to work either.
Steer wheel not seem to be very responsive. It's almost like driving an old car without power steering, and it's a real struggle to move with the wheel.

Is the g27 steering wheel compatible with farming simulator 2015?

Dear regards Frontline_Gamer.

Yes, the g27 is compatible with FS15. But it involves a bit of trail and error setting it up.
I first like to say that the game does recognize multiple control devices, witch is a good thing. The game even puts a [2] prefix behind the second controller. Like it did in FS13 btw.
Second thing to address is that the game only detects one of the four buttons on the top, only one of the GP button in the middle of the clutch unit and only one of the six buttons on the wheel itself.

To let the game detect the buttons you must use Logitech profiler to assign keyboard inputs to them. The simplest way is to use the original keyboard layout and assign those keys to profiler.
For instance, I use the flippers on the wheel for the left and right indicator. So I assigned those key-presses (Numpad1 for left/Numpad3 for right) to the flippers in profiler.
Also, if you do it like this, you don't have to change the key's in the options menu of the game.
Do the profiler thingy with all the buttons you use the most, for easy access to there functions.

That's how to solve the non working buttons. Your forward and backward pedal axis assignment will only work if the pedals are set as combined in profiler. In the game options menu make sure you clear the current input by selecting it and pressing [Backspace]. Then select the input again and press your foot all the way down on the g27 gas paddle. When done correctly you'll see the axis showing up in both the brake and the gas input. This is normal because the paddles are combined as you might remember. The steering axis does the same, when rotating left, the right will also be detected.

This hopefully solves the paddle problems. For your heavy steering problem you can go to profiler again and in the window menu you find the game specific settings, open those.
There is an option there that let's you alter the steering spring strength by using the slider. Don't now the name of it from the top of my head, but you'll find it. Slide it to around the 10/15 mark and you'r steering with awesome power-steer.
The responsiveness can also by altered in profiler. Just under the two flipper key options there are the wheel and foot paddle options. There you can set the dead-zone of the wheel and paddles. You'll also see the options to make you'r wheel act more to you'r liking.

Hope this is of any help. :wink3:

Edit: How to use Logitech profiler? Google is you best hope, there is lots to read or watch on the subject.