Downloading mods

teamabsolute08

Downloading mods

Post by teamabsolute08 »

can anyone give me a detailed description on how to download mods and the process to install them on the simulator. I have done pdf convert downloads from various sites as well as downloading zip files, once i select to download them from site i end up completely lost. can any one help?? it would be greatly appreciated
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Re: Downloading mods

Post by bassaddict »

Just copy the downloaded ZIP file to "Documents/My Games/FarmingSilmulator2013/mods/", that's all.
Leitch20131994

Post by Leitch20131994 »

I have also tryed downloading this way I just did the forest mod and it shows all the machines in my docments under mods but they don't show up in the game I tried doing it this way and It still didn't work can anyone help me
sfy

Post by sfy »

Just copy the downloaded ZIP file to "Documents/My Games/FarmingSilmulator2013/mods/", that's all.

do not unzip any mods, unless they are part of a larger pack.

have you checked the mod section of the store, flipping thru the various pages to see what is there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4wvGDQPRPY
davea1963

Post by davea1963 »

bassaddict wrote:Just copy the downloaded ZIP file to "Documents/My Games/FarmingSilmulator2013/mods/", that's all.
Is the procedure for Mac pretty much the same?

Obviously they will be placed in a different location? Can someone tell me where they go please?

Cheers!
DaveA
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Mac OS X Download/DVD/Steam-Version: /Users/<your username>/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2013
Mac OS X AppStore-Version (Mac OS X 10.7 and newer): /Users/<your username>/Library/Containers/com.focus-home.farmingsim2013/Data/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2013
mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

I have also tryed downloading this way I just did the forest mod and it shows all the machines in my docments under mods but they don't show up in the game I tried doing it this way and It still didn't work can anyone help me
I had a similar problem with the forest mod. The placeables showed up, but none of the machinery. I tracked it down to one mod i'd added - "zzAntiModDiscrimination". What this mod does is combine all your default and imported mods together into one category, so you don't have two places to look for tractors for example when you hit P for purchase. Seemed like a good idea, except the forestry equipment has its own category, so the mod just ignored it. It's a long shot, but if you have that mod in your folder, take it out.