Farming Simulator for Xbox 360

raliedel

Farming Simulator for Xbox 360

Post by raliedel »

Does anyone know if they plan on releasing any John Deere mods for the console versions? My kid bought me the game for Christmas and I'm loving it. Thanks for any info.
Farmer_Bob

Re: Farming Simulator for Xbox 360

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Unfortunately not, John Deere won't allow Giants to use their name as they have a really bad farming game of their own.

Bob. :hi:
raliedel

Post by raliedel »

That stinks. I know they've got a few for the pc version that people have made mods for. Any word on a possible map pack or a 2015 console version? I'm a big fan of watching YouTube videos of the big Kansas map.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

I think FS15 is coming to consoles early this year sometime but personally I would recommend you switch to the PC version if it's at all possible as the amount of mods available for PC is unbelievable and you have no limits to the numbers of vehicles etc you can own at any one time.

Central Kansas just happens to be one of my all time favourite maps as well, I've played possibly 400 - 500 hours on it over the time I've had it.

raliedel

Post by raliedel »

If I had a computer good enough to run it, I'd have the 2015 version already. Since I don't, I have the next best thing. That's one reason I don't like FS 2014 on my iPad. The fields are super small and there's not a lot of room to move. At least with the console version, the fields are nice and big.
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

Ahh that makes sense, I'm very lucky to need a high end PC/workstation for my work.

BTW I've played FS15 (my wife has it!) and I am not buying it until they do something with that ridiculous physics engine they're using. To my mind the game is almost unplayable as it is.
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

Farmer Bob is this the PC version?
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

meistroracer wrote:Farmer Bob is this the PC version?
If you are asking if the version of FS15 I've played and HATE is the PC version then yes it is, I don't own a console....... :blushnew:

meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

Okay thanks Farmer_Bob
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Farmer_Bob wrote:I think FS15 is coming to consoles early this year sometime but personally I would recommend you switch to the PC version if it's at all possible as the amount of mods available for PC is unbelievable and you have no limits to the numbers of vehicles etc you can own at any one time.

Central Kansas just happens to be one of my all time favourite maps as well, I've played possibly 400 - 500 hours on it over the time I've had it.

yeah Thats the bad thing about console versoin with 2013 is the 100 slots it would not be bad if a item only used one slot but with Base slots too some Equipment takes 12 plus slots for one piece of Equipment that *censored* iv had to limit my Equipment To What jobs Im Currently doing in game then sell some Equipment to change to Other task its a pain in the blank thats the worst thing of the game iv got 450hrs in the game own every field and have done over 10 milloin pounds of hay sileage over the time and got the 10 million dollars achevement now iv done all I can just messing around i there now got 500 head of cattle so im still doing my feeding operation hay,sileage, and harvesting just enough grain to get my straw bales to feed and have 9 wind mill energy generators so im maing over 14K and hour iv played this game more than any other game iv played and cant wait to get 2015
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
Farmer_Bob

Post by Farmer_Bob »

It appears from other posts I've read about this that the slots thing is due to the limited memory available to consoles. To my mind that means the game isn't really suitable for them and should never have been ported over. You don't really need an expensive PC to run the game if you can live with lower settings. My wife plays on a laptop and achieves 30+ fps on medium settings.
I have had FS13 for a long time now and my stats tend to make people swoon Lol.
I have over 8000 hours on one map (Springhill) plus countless hundreds of hours on other maps including American, Polish and even a Mexican style of farm I got from a good friend of mine. I have made and altered maps to my liking and even changed existing mods to be more realistic for my game. I have reached every achievement there is (including going bust on my first day!) and I have over 60Gb of mods that I can switch between as and when I feel like it.

Please don't think that I'm bragging here I'm just trying to show the vast difference between the console version and the PC one.

I've got so much free time to play because I work from home (I'm disabled and can't go out to work so I started my own graphics design business).

EDIT
Please don't think that I'm having a go at you console guys as I'm not. I don't care what you play the game on as long as you enjoy what you're doing.
Bob.
meistroracer

Post by meistroracer »

Farmer _Bob: You may be right about the consoles version, but I for one really enjoy playing on the console. I am having a lot of fun. Even with the limitations still a lot of fun. I respect your honesty and I am not offended by your post. It's the honest truth.