UNABLE TO USE SOME MODS NEED HELP!!

southrnthunder4

UNABLE TO USE SOME MODS NEED HELP!!

Post by southrnthunder4 »

I AM ABLE TO USE THE MODS THAT I DOWNLOAD FROM THE FARMING SIMULATOR OFFICIAL WEBSITE BUT WHEN I GO TO OTHER WEBSITES TO DOWNLOAD OTHER MODS TO USE IN MY GAME THEY DON'T SHOW UP IN MY MODS WHEN I GO LOGIN TO MY GAME. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT CAUSES THIS OR HOW I CAN FIX IT??/ THANKS!!
SOUTHRNTHUNDER4
mrnascar

Re: UNABLE TO USE SOME MODS NEED HELP!!

Post by mrnascar »

Have you looked in your downloads file?

C:\Users\**your computer name**\Downloads
southrnthunder4

yes i have looked in my download folders i download one at a time then move it into the mod folder. Just the mods that i download from the farming simulator website seem to work and not from other websites.
SOUTHRNTHUNDER4
M&M

Post by M&M »

For my part,
I did sometime download mod that didnt show up in my store.

It was that I didnt updated the last update from Giants ...
Make sure your version as the latest update from Giants website ,,, so to be sure.

Also, I did download a truck mod that was never in my store and did upload 3 of different website so to see if it was a mod problem. It was not ,, the solution was that I didnt have a MR mod so to make it appear in my store. Then got the MR mod and the truck appear and work fine after ...
southrnthunder4

M&M how do I go about getting a update from Giants and how do I get a MR mod??? Sorry still new to this and still trying to figure everything out.
SOUTHRNTHUNDER4
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

If you bought your game as DVD or as download for Windows, you will get your update here: http://www.landwirtschafts-simulator.de ... hp?lang=en (scroll down to FS 2013). Steam version and Mac download version from Giants will be updated automatically, the Mac AppStore version has to be updated at the AppStore.
Can you give a link to a mod you can't find in your game? Is the missed mod in your mods-folder as a zip-file (not extracted)?

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
jturie

Post by jturie »

Also, make sure that your mod doesn't a) come as a .RAR file and/or b) contain several zip files within the archive. You will need to unzip and then copy those internal zip files to your mods folder.

On a couple of cases, an author started off his/her (there...happy?) file name with a number, which doesn't compute with FS. I just rename the file and stick a letter in the front.