INSTALLING MOD MAPS

avidmike

INSTALLING MOD MAPS

Post by avidmike »

Could anyone tell me what is involved with installing a mod map? So far I've found installing placeable mods and vehicle mods pretty simple. I'd like to try a larger map but I'm hesitant. I don't want to screw up what I have. Any suggestions for a larger map and any installation help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
böserlöwe
GIANTS Software | Support Engineer

Re: INSTALLING MOD MAPS

Post by böserlöwe »

Hi, when we know which Map you have downloaded we coud help to install.

For FS you only have put all Mods as ZIP Files into Mods-Folder.
Mods like Tractor or Combine or Maps. All the same Procedure.
When you have load some RAR File, you have to unpack this first.
Than you should find some ZIP Files where you put in Mods-Folder.

Start the Game and begin a new Savegame, you can chose your new Map and start.
reider

Post by reider »

I put maps in the mod folder after checking they are not a pack. Then start a new game and click on that map. That is enough to get it started. If it fails I try again. If that fails I delete it. Usually I guage reaction to a map before downloading and trying it, also looking at some graphics and discourse about the map itself. Some maps come with suitable vehicles ex. multifruit maps and some you have to go searching for them. Some have pigs and beef built in.

I'm currently using a Russian map called Baldeykino23. It is absolutely brilliant! The best map I ever did see and should win an award. Rubble laying around, buildings with broken doors. Only about 6 or 7 fields but most are massive. The textures, tracks, layout are so good. Even a train that runs up and down. It is very difficult to walk away from it at times. If Baldeykino has a negative component I would say it's starting with crops in the fields and the user not owning them. But then this could be a positive as it learns you to work the fields, find your way around and use your time wisely to harvest all the fields. This is after you use the crops and sale of machinery to purchase each field as you go around. Don't think I stopped all day and night the first 2 days.
avidmike

Post by avidmike »

Reider,

Where would I find Baldeykino23 map?

Thanks,
Michael
viper278

Post by viper278 »

reider wrote:I put maps in the mod folder .....

I'm currently using a Russian map called Baldeykino23. It is absolutely brilliant! .....
@Reider... Have you seen the just released Pleasant Valley 15 Map. I this this one is the award winner. The guysthat designedd this map put in everything including the kitchen sink. The state they are pushing the Giants Engine to its max. I currently using the Westbridge Forest v4 map. I too like the textures of the fields and with v4 they changed the grass textures and some buildings. I just started playing last night. I was using v3 for a couple of weeks. v4 you have to start a new game because they changed a few building locations. Added sale points. They incorporated a lot of the good mods.

Do check out the videos for Pleasant Valley 15. You will not be disappointed I think.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
reider

Post by reider »

No idea what was up with Pleasant Valley, I tried it before Baldeykino and it wouldn't even start. May try again another day. But I am totally happy with Baldeykino though.

For the poster asking for it, here is a link. not the one I used but no record of it;

http://www.modhoster.com/mods/baldeykino
viper278

Post by viper278 »

When you tried PV 15 the map was still in testing. They just released the complete playable version last week with v1.1. I haven't tried Baldeykino yet but I will try that map in the near future. Plus PV15 has certain restrictions to be able to play it. It uses every Giants resources to run and you have to move your current mods folder out and only have this map in it along with their mod list to load. So that might have been the reason you couldn't load the map and play.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."