How to instal mods and downloads on mac

sjareltje

How to instal mods and downloads on mac

Post by sjareltje »

Hi,

Im new in this here. And don't figure out how to install the mods an dl on my mac. It shows the downloads in my download folder en what to do then.

Thx for your help in advance
:confusednew: :confusednew: :confusednew:
Der_Tod

Re: How to instal mods and downloads on mac

Post by Der_Tod »

Welcome to the forum, copy your mod as zip-file without extracting to this folder:Macintosh HD ▸ User ▸ Der_Tod ▸ Library ▸ Application Support▸ FarmingSimulator2015▸ Mods . Instead of Der_Tod put your username. Make sure safari isn't unzipping them automatically when downloading. You can change the settings in your safari menu "Safari -> Settings -> General". Just delete the mark at "open 'safe' files after downloading".
If you start a game and then press "P" your shop window opens. Then click twice on the little white arrow in the blue field top right of the shop window. The first click will show you brands and the second will show you mods.
But: Not all mods you can download somewhere show up in the game. There are also mods you have to put into a map using the Giants Editor (for example buildings and other objects) or there are scripts which change or extend the gameplay but are not buyable. Also, not all mods are compatible with the latest patch or quite opposite will only work if the latest patch is installed. And some mods are packs and have to be unzipped (most of them rar-files or with something like "unpack" or "unzip" in the file name).

The DLC is a dmg-file and can be run like any other installation on Mac.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
sjareltje

Post by sjareltje »

thx gonna try this immediately
sjareltje

Post by sjareltje »

it still doesn't work can't find a map fs in aplications en when i open up program map are this the sub maps
code signature
mass receipts
framework
mac os
resources

and in no one i find a map called mods or so. Anyone experience with installing mods in mac os please

thx in advance

[img]file:///Users/Smekens/Desktop/Schermafbeelding%202015-03-13%20om%2013.22.22.png/img]
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Hello sjareltje,

it seems like you are looking in the complete wrong location. As "Der_Tod" already wrote before you need to look in the "Library" folder in the home folder of your user (the home folder is the one where the 'Documents","Music","Pictures", etc. folders are located). Please have a look at the screenshot in the answer to the Question "How can I install a Mod (zip file) in Mac OS X?" on http://farming-simulator.com/faq.php?lang=en to get a better idea where to find the correct folder. I've also posted some tips on how to find the right folder here: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 65#p568512

Regards,
don_apple
sjareltje

Post by sjareltje »

Hey Don thx for your answers but i try it all nowhere i find those map, i've been searching on internet more solutions and it seems that more players who buy the game on app store have the same problem. I wrote a mail to the helpdesk but they don't give an answer.
So i really tried all the thing you guys mentioned before but nowhere i find this map on my mac.

Is there nobody who had the same problem and have a solution for it. Feels like a rip off now ;(

(my apologies for the bad english);)

Regards Sjareltje
sjareltje

Post by sjareltje »

Can it be that osx yosemite is the problem now i see your solutions are based on mas osx. Just wandering
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

If you can't see your library click "go to" in your finder's menu bar and press "alt", then it will show in the dropdown list. Can you post your log.txt for further help? http://wiki.landwirtschafts-simulator.d ... tig_posten The explanation for FS 2013 will work for FS 15 as well.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

No, it doesn't matter if you are on Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) or Maverics (10.9) or Mountain Lion (10.8) or Lion (10.7), the location of the FarmingSimulator2015 folder is always the same and you can always use the same methods to find it. There is only a difference in the location of the folder between the Version bought from the Mac App Store and the non-App Store Versions as you should be able to see in the FAQ I linked to earlier

To help you find the right folder I have created a little tool with AppleScript that will search for the folder and opens a window when it find it. You can download it at <link removed>

Please download the file and then open the FS15_FolderFinder.dmg by double clicking on it. This should open a window showing the FS15_FolderFinder app which you simply need to double click to run. If you get an error message after double clicking on the app icon saying that the app can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer, please right click on the FS15_FolderFinder app icon again an then select "Open..." from the context menu. In the dialog box that appears click on the "Open" button and a second later a window should appear showing you the contents of the FarmingSimulator2015 folder where you can see the "mods" folder.

Please give the tool a try and let me know if it worked.

Regards,
don_apple
sjareltje

Post by sjareltje »

With the app it all works fine now.

Big thank you dear.

Regards Sjareltje
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

OK, good to know. Glad that my small bit of programming knowledge was finally useful for something *thumbsup*

Regards,
don_apple

P.S.: Maybe a moderator can pin this post so that it doesn't get lost.