CoursePlay Tutorials

TeaBelly

Re: CoursePlay Tutorials

Post by TeaBelly »

Hi Viper. I have not heard of this problem before and have not experienced it either. Do you need to delete this course? Can you move the course to a different folder? have you tried to delete it from a different folder? As far as I know there is no limit to the amount of courses you can have. Remember that CP is still not a full release yet and bugs are present. I think the developers are waiting for the 'mod scripts' to be released by Giants before they update CP... I could be wrong. Really sorry I cant be of more help, but if you can play the game without having to delete the course that is causing the problem. I would just do that for now.

TB
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Thanks TB.
As soon as I click on the trash can it crashes. I can move the file to any folder with no problem. It may be caused by the interaction with the map.
The other map I used courseplay with was only 6.5MB in size.
My work around is that I move it to a folder for deletion. I open the xml file and delete the course.
I start the game and courseplay works as intended. The deleted course is gone.
So far 2 weeks and not a single crash. This was my only crash I had.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Mike3650

Post by Mike3650 »

Many thanks for these tutorials TeaBelly, they have helped me get started using CP.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote:Thanks TB.
As soon as I click on the trash can it crashes. I can move the file to any folder with no problem. It may be caused by the interaction with the map.
The other map I used courseplay with was only 6.5MB in size.
My work around is that I move it to a folder for deletion. I open the xml file and delete the course.
I start the game and courseplay works as intended. The deleted course is gone.
So far 2 weeks and not a single crash. This was my only crash I had.
Fingers Crossed it does not return :)
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Mike3650 wrote:Many thanks for these tutorials TeaBelly, they have helped me get started using CP.
Thanks Mike, Glad they are of some use to you.

TB
KimG

Post by KimG »

These tutorials have been really good, I am doing a lot with CP now, thanks TeaBelly!

One that isn't covered yet is self unloading and transport for beet and potatoes to the store, is that possible? Particularly with the need for reversing into the store to off load.
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

Hi KimG. Reversing and CP do not get along together. It can be a real bind trying to save a recording with a reverse in where it needs to hit the trigger. Below is a video I made for someone wanting help with CP and the 'Straw Power Plant' mod. This was a nightmare to get right.

Course Play and Straw Power Plant mod

I would recommend that you make an A-B course to the selling point and reverse the load in manually and then make a A-B course back to the starting position.

Hope this helps
KimG

Post by KimG »

I see what you mean, I think your idea of two AB courses is a good alternative though,I'll do that. Cheers! :)
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TeaBelly wrote:Hi KimG. Reversing and CP do not get along together. It can be a real bind trying to save a recording with a reverse in where it needs to hit the trigger. Below is a video I made for someone wanting help with CP and the 'Straw Power Plant' mod. This was a nightmare to get right.

Course Play and Straw Power Plant mod

I would recommend that you make an A-B course to the selling point and reverse the load in manually and then make a A-B course back to the starting position.

Hope this helps
According to the manual for reversing to a tip point is to do the course without the trailer. This worked for me. Also if you use a MAN AR truck so you don't need a trailer.
For the A-B course x2. You don't need to do 2 routes. Start the course and when you get to the tip point, Pull ahead to be ready for the reversing. Set a PAUSE point here and then continue back to your start point. In the options don't set the pause timer. Leave it at "0" seconds. When the vehicle hits the PAUSE point it will stop and alert you it is there. Click on the icon and then click stop driver. Back up to the silo and then click on start driver from nearest waypoint. Now the driver will probably hit the pause spot again, just click on continue when he stops.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

viper278 wrote:According to the manual for reversing to a tip point is to do the course without the trailer. This worked for me. Also if you use a MAN AR truck so you don't need a trailer.
For the A-B course x2. You don't need to do 2 routes. Start the course and when you get to the tip point, Pull ahead to be ready for the reversing. Set a PAUSE point here and then continue back to your start point. In the options don't set the pause timer. Leave it at "0" seconds. When the vehicle hits the PAUSE point it will stop and alert you it is there. Click on the icon and then click stop driver. Back up to the silo and then click on start driver from nearest waypoint. Now the driver will probably hit the pause spot again, just click on continue when he stops.
Yes I have tried the reversing method both ways and its no easier with or without the trailer on. Its not consistent either, it can work fine first time then next time its totally different. This is what I have found anyway. I like your method though, that's a nice alternative :)
viper278

Post by viper278 »

TB, I only used the reversing method on the manure sales. It has a narrow chute with side walls so when the trailer backs into it, the wall kind of guides it to the tip point. It was designed like the straw plant.
Very true that it doesn't always work like intended using a trailer.
chaskuchar1

Post by chaskuchar1 »

I do the same method as viper278 on the site where I have to back in to unload grain. I have a p point at the point where I have to back the tipper in, then the tractor/tipper goes back, fills up and comes back the the p point and I get a notice that I need to go to that course to back up the tipper. really works well. and I really like the reverse for dumping silage from the silo to the bin at the gas plant. one other thing I found out in reversing, when I need to compact the grass to ferment, I set up a course to go forward to back of the silo, back up the the entrance, set forward again and stop right before the start. then I start the route and the tractor just goes back and forth to compact the silo and I can do other things instead of spending time compacting... thanks for the info on courseplay to teabelly. chas
60 acres with center pivot. jmj
playing fs22 on pc, hard mode
TeaBelly

Post by TeaBelly »

chaskuchar1 wrote:when I need to compact the grass to ferment, I set up a course to go forward to back of the silo, back up the the entrance, set forward again and stop right before the start. then I start the route and the tractor just goes back and forth to compact the silo and I can do other things instead of spending time compacting... thanks for the info on courseplay to teabelly. chas
I like this :mrgreen:
Adamdfh45dbnc
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by Adamdfh45dbnc »

Thank you for the sharing..
It is very helpful tutorials..
Thanks again....
viper278

Post by viper278 »

chaskuchar1 wrote:I do the same method as viper278 on the site where I have to back in to unload grain. I have a p point at the point where I have to back the tipper in, then the tractor/tipper goes back, fills up and comes back the the p point and I get a notice that I need to go to that course to back up the tipper. really works well. and I really like the reverse for dumping silage from the silo to the bin at the gas plant. one other thing I found out in reversing, when I need to compact the grass to ferment, I set up a course to go forward to back of the silo, back up the the entrance, set forward again and stop right before the start. then I start the route and the tractor just goes back and forth to compact the silo and I can do other things instead of spending time compacting... thanks for the info on courseplay to teabelly. chas
I just created my silage silo course last week. The map I am playing has 8 silage bunkers set up as 4 rows by 2 columns. I run a continuous loop from my chaff storage to the silo through the front one and through the second one. I use the Man AR truck. I have a start point under the conveyor with the pause set at 25 seconds. That is the time needed to fill the 35000L capacity. I make a course to the BGA in silo 1 continue through to silo 5 and out the exit and stop about a truck length before the start point. This will continually run until I stop it. Best of all is as the truck runs over the first bunker it is compacting. So when I go and check on the progress, both silos are 100% compacted. I did a run for each silo. It does a really good job at finding the right tip point to dump so I don't have any loss.I could of ran one continuous loop through all 8 silos but I wanted to empty silos to the BGA bin while filling the empty ones of which I use the courseplay for that also.
I was using a semi with trailer manually but I was loosing some chaff when the can't fill anymore displayed before I moved a bit forward. The bunkers in this map are a bit shorter that the default game one. They each hold 300,000 liters.
So I decided to give courseplay a try.