Farming sim 15 Info and [video tutorials]

KINGM98B

Re: Farming sim 15 Info and [video tutorials]

Post by KINGM98B »

Nice videos mate,

Only watched the first 2 so far but will watch the others as I advance.
venom321

Post by venom321 »

i was clueless about this game the tutorials in game offer little insight to newbs like myself but these are well done i do suggest to watch all episodes he shows many good tips that for people like myself who have never played this game and have little knowledge about farming. Now this has been the only game i play since its release thank you very much for these videos there extremely helpful
KINGM98B

Post by KINGM98B »

yeah the first 2 were very wel done, I think I will def go about getting the equipment for the grass cutting. however regarding the missions, I read on the internet that they were a waste of time and to stay clear of them, is this a correct statement throughout or just duff information on the vast internet?
viper278

Post by viper278 »

KINGM98B wrote:yeah the first 2 were very wel done, I think I will def go about getting the equipment for the grass cutting. however regarding the missions, I read on the internet that they were a waste of time and to stay clear of them, is this a correct statement throughout or just duff information on the vast internet?
I had never done a mission in all of the over 1760hrs of playing this game. I was too busy with other tasks.
Easy money in the start is cutting down trees with the chainsaw and take a loan to buy the Wheel loader and log fork.
In bjornholm go to the lumber yard and start cutting the trees around the pond and put or push them in the water.
Once all cut down, Go to the placeables category in the shop and but the OAK trees and place them between the hill and the road where the tunnel is at that area. You can not place these trees between the water and the road. You will also nee to get the stump grinder to remove the stumps.
I do this while my crops are growing. Oak trees pay the most. Do cut off all the green limbs also. You will receive less money if they are still on them.
Also cut some of the side big branches from the main trunk. They will be easier to pick up. They will actually look like "Y"s when cut.
I actually like to use the telehander. You can extend the arm out to put the trees in the water so you don't have to get too close and possibly slide into the water.

Also if you want, you can drive over to the sell trigger by the train and set a bunch of trees there and then send the train off by pulling the lever for a bonus.
In Westbridge Hills, there is no water or log train at the lumbermill to put the trees into. Just a sell point. So I cut down the trees around the field and then when all gone, I plant them between the road and rocky hill near the lumbermill so if I need to use the field, the trees will not be in the way with the vehicles.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
KINGM98B

Post by KINGM98B »

Thanks for the tips viper, I am on westbridge. I stupidly planted trees beside the field you begin with so will go and get another 20 and place them down by the lumber mill, it's a fantastic way to make cash while the crops are growing and because of that cash I will now go and just store the crops until better deals come along..
roastbeef

Post by roastbeef »

ever try backing the scorpion king up to a logger bed and just cutting the logs with the scorpion so they fall into the bed?
Guru1241

Post by Guru1241 »

Hi
I've got a problem with downloads, I can get them as far as downloads in windows explorer, click on the file, goes to 'run' then where, how do I use it in Farm sim 15?????
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Guru1241 wrote:Hi
I've got a problem with downloads, I can get them as far as downloads in windows explorer, click on the file, goes to 'run' then where, how do I use it in Farm sim 15?????
What type of files are you downloading??
If they are the mods from Giants DLC - there are 2 ways.
1) is an .exe file in which the program puts the files where they need to go.

2) If it is a zip file. You do not run this file. You place it in the mods folder. ....\"username"\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2015\mods
If you click on the zip file and see other zip files in it, then you need to extract the main zip folder and then put all the zip files in the mods folder.

If it is a mod from a mod site - then you do the 2nd part. Some mods need to be placed in the map with the Giants Editor. The mod's instructions should state this. Buildings are usually the only mods that may be needed to placed by the GE.
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Guru1241

Post by Guru1241 »

viper278 wrote:
Guru1241 wrote:Hi
What type of files are you downloading??
If they are the mods from Giants DLC - there are 2 ways.
1) is an .exe file in which the program puts the files where they need to go.

2) If it is a zip file. You do not run this file. You place it in the mods folder. ....\"username"\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2015\mods
If you click on the zip file and see other zip files in it, then you need to extract the main zip folder and then put all the zip files in the mods folder.

If it is a mod from a mod site - then you do the 2nd part. Some mods need to be placed in the map with the Giants Editor. The mod's instructions should state this. Buildings are usually the only mods that may be needed to placed by the GE.
Thanks for that, I seem to have done everything you have suggested, and the Unimog and seed placables, for instance, are in the mods folder but I don't seem to be able to open/find them in the game? is it me being thick?
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Are you looking in the Shop "Category (MODS) page. open the shop page with keypress "P" and click on the blue arrow in the upper right menu corner twice. This will bring your to the MODS shop. if you don't see it there, click one more time for the BRANDS (MODS) menu page.

If you still can't find them post me the links to both of them and I will see if it is bad mod problem .
Here is a picture of the Category MODS page. (just a sample)
Lord_Beelzebub

Post by Lord_Beelzebub »

inzainia wrote:hey guys yes i'm back, love this series, so i am yet again doing a tutorial video series on it.

first to the devs, outstanding job, everything is better. i have yet to find anything i don't like in the new game so GJ!

*** if you have a tip or a trick(please no actual cheats) of a way to do something not covered in the videos, or iterating on something i do in the videos, post a comment, get involved and share your info with others.. that's what this post is all about!***

as to the videos they're on my youtube channel found here: Main youtube channel

the famring sim videos are in this FS15 Basics Playlist

or can be watched individually by clicking below:

Video 1 covers Everything needed to cultivate, sow, spray, and harvest a field[/url]
Video 2 covers Everything Grass related, mowing, teddering, windrowing etc...
Video 3 Covers Forestry and everything needed to get started with forestry.
Video 4 covers The Scorpion king and buffalo forestry vehicles and how to use them
Video 5 Covers Bailing, of all Types, including bailing, wrapping, gathering etc..
Video 6 covers Stump removal, and washing
Video 7 covers Potato and beet farming, planting, harvesting (with both types of vehicles)
Video 8 Covers Chaff and Silage how its made, what its used for etc..
Video 9 covers Multi mix Feed and how to make it, and how to double your sales value of all sales!!
video 10 is yet undertermined.

THANK YOU! Thank you for these videos. I'm new to Farming Simulator games as I just bought 15 for the Playstation 4 and am loving this game thus far. You're videos are extreme helpful to a newb such as myself learning this game so I wanted to thank you for your time and effort and creating these. Mulch appreciated!

hope you guys enjoy them, there will be more coming, i will cover everything i did in my fs13 series again in the fs15 game.

please leave comments , especially if you would like to see something covered i have not yet, or have any questions.

ok off i go, and happy famring guys!
MFPowerSLO

Post by MFPowerSLO »

ChaMalo56

Post by ChaMalo56 »

Bonjour je me demande pourquoi le volant gold de FS15 est passer de 200€ à, 500€ sur amazone? Et pourquoi aucun autre site n'en possède?
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

Willkommen im Forum. Du findest den französischen Teil des Forums hier:
Welcome to the forum. You will find the French part of the forum here:
http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=729

Cordialement
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
KansasFarmer

Post by KansasFarmer »

Alot of great info in this thread makes farming so much easier for new players.