American Farming

rtaylor11214

American Farming

Post by rtaylor11214 »

Around, I would say 70%, of American farms have either cotton, peanuts or produce on them but none are in this game what gives? Plus the sprayers are for spraying fungicide/pesticide/herbicide not fertilizer, where is this aspect of realism in the game? I love the game but I wanna be able to plant some American staple crops like cotton & peanuts, and plz pay John Deere to allow the use of their equipment in ur games. Produce would be nice too but it would be complex with the need for plastic, drip irrigation, daily fertilizer etc. If all we had to do was till, plant and harvest I'd be a millionaire with hardly any work to do but anyway great game still.
FS15 on PC

"The only thing required for evil to win is for good men to do nothing"
pigpen

Re: American Farming

Post by pigpen »

not an American game. most of the players of this game are from German speaking countries. cotton and peanuts are not popular crops in Europe. doubt very much if we will ever see Deere. IMO Claas a much better chance.
Alienware PC.
rtaylor11214

Post by rtaylor11214 »

Yeah, I like the Claas mods I've got. I've actually looked into some Deutz equipment also but it seems overpriced, kinda like buying a Lincoln when ya just need a Ford, tractors aren't supposed to be the most comfortable things to ride lol. Deere would probly want 50% of Giants profits anyway so yeah, doubt it but it would be nice :(
FS15 on PC

rtaylor11214

Post by rtaylor11214 »

Hm, indeed I see Giants Software is located in the Germans region of Europe. However, I found that ag makes up for 2% of Germany's GDP as opposed to about 5% in the states, not to mention I would imagine the US and Japan are probably the biggest consumers of video games. What with Japan's love of technology and our love of being fat & lazy lol. I like the setup for the European map tho makes for more realism and I suppose so goes the same for the Great Plains region of the US I suppose the American type map is supposed to simulate. idk, I guess I'd just like to see more crop variety, I've been planting beets, potatoes, barley, wheat & canola for years now lol. Plus the American type map didn't change .5% from fs13 to fs15.
FS15 on PC

H.C.

Post by H.C. »

Check out the Pleasant Valley 15 v2.0 map. It will be entered into the Giants mod contest. It will have cotton, soybeans and other additional crops. Also, the mod pack will have a John Deere 9930 cotton harvester.

Until the mod contest, check out the Pleasant Valley 15 v1.3.2 map. It has cotton and the cotton harvester. And many other features. It's my favorite map.
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pvmods?ref=hl

Pleasant Valley forum:
http://pvmods.enjin.com/
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

But couldn't they make a deal with JD, since they get som advertisement aswell? Could be nice.
Personally I don't care, I'd rather see Claas, Massey, Fendt adn such, rather than JD. And what happened to Fendt? Were't they in 09 or 11?
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

IMO the 900 series Fendt has to be the ugliest tractors ever built. I would have serious nightmares if part of the game. I am so glad they are not sold in the States.
Alienware PC.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

pigpen wrote:IMO the 900 series Fendt has to be the ugliest tractors ever built. I would have serious nightmares if part of the game. I am so glad they are not sold in the States.
I think it is a look that grows on you. I prefer it to the John Deere R series look, some models just look awkward to me.
In saying that I happily drive them both in real life and they are both great machines.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

The Case magnum is quite ugly also. but I have learned to live with them.
Alienware PC.
jturie

Post by jturie »

KevinMn wrote:But couldn't they make a deal with JD, since they get som advertisement aswell? Could be nice.
Personally I don't care, I'd rather see Claas, Massey, Fendt adn such, rather than JD. And what happened to Fendt? Were't they in 09 or 11?
Deere has their own game (haven't heard a whole lot about it), so Giants can't use their stuff. Modders are putting out Deere equipment, some of which is pretty decent and getting better.
farmertuck

Post by farmertuck »

I like using the default equipment on the map the biggest machines look the best on the American map
I play FS19 on PC!
Using a Logitech G29 and Saitek side panel.
Also a farmer IRL
pigpen

Post by pigpen »

I am going take back my earlier comment about never seeing Deere in this game. in the New Holland DLC is a Kemper header. Kemper is owned by John Deere. I am doing some research. I read somewhere that Sampo and Deere work together. I believe Sampo makes Deeres small combines. so Deere could possibly own shares in the Sampo company. It will be interesting what FS2017 will bring us. about the JD simulator, Bold games was the software company that made this game. they had to pay licensing fees to use the John Deere name. If Giants wanted to put John Deere in their game it would be no problem. I suppose JD wants huge amounts of money to use their name.
Alienware PC.
rtaylor11214

Post by rtaylor11214 »

[/quote]
I think it is a look that grows on you. I prefer it to the John Deere R series look, some models just look awkward to me.
In saying that I happily drive them both in real life and they are both great machines.[/quote]
This is off - topic I know, but where do u farm that Fend and Deere are both available? I'm trying to find a 4WD tractor with power and weight close to a 4wd 4650 to replace my 4450's with, something that'll pull a 23' harrow and 6 row equipment for less than $80k but 4650's are hard to find near me, which is South GA btw lol. I'd buy the ugliest piece of stuff ever as long as it performed reliably.
FS15 on PC

rtaylor11214

Post by rtaylor11214 »

H.C. wrote:Check out the Pleasant Valley 15 v2.0 map. It will be entered into the Giants mod contest. It will have cotton, soybeans and other additional crops. Also, the mod pack will have a John Deere 9930 cotton harvester.

Until the mod contest, check out the Pleasant Valley 15 v1.3.2 map. It has cotton and the cotton harvester. And many other features. It's my favorite map.
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pvmods?ref=hl

Pleasant Valley forum:
http://pvmods.enjin.com/
Thanks, I hope it wins, it seems the more mods I downloaded the slower the game gets and am not real good with .rar files but I might have to try that out.
FS15 on PC

BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

rtaylor11214 wrote:
In saying that I happily drive them both in real life and they are both great machines.[/quote]
This is off - topic I know, but where do u farm that Fend and Deere are both available? I'm trying to find a 4WD tractor with power and weight close to a 4wd 4650 to replace my 4450's with, something that'll pull a 23' harrow and 6 row equipment for less than $80k but 4650's are hard to find near me, which is South GA btw lol. I'd buy the ugliest piece of stuff ever as long as it performed reliably.[/quote]

I'm down in New Zealand, Case IH are the biggest selling brand here but JD and Fendt are very popular too.
As a comparison, a new Case 160 Puma is about $130,000 here, a new John Deere 6170R is about $200,000, and a Fendt 716 is about $220,000 new.
What is usually the best value for money brand in the USA?
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.